Infertility
Options

13dpo and implantation?

Hi ladies.
My small story. I am 13dpiui. I will be going into my clinic tomorrow for a hcg test. The last few days I had accepted that I would most Lilley not pregnancy due to not having any symptoms. My husband and I had discussed that we would be trying again next month and I was ready to start a new cycle.
Last night in the middle of the night I had the weirdest cramps in my uterus area. It felt tight and hurt to lay on the stomach.

Today - around 1 pm I wiped and there was brown blood mix in with cervical mucus......I've gone back to the bathroom and there hasn't been anything since.

I'm confused because it's 13dpiui. ..isn't that too late for implantation?

If it is implantation....do you think that it's too soon for the pregnancy blood test tomorrow?

Thanks girls! I hate this roller coaster ride. It's so hard on my emotions.

Re: 13dpo and implantation?

• Options
    I've read multiple places that you can implant up to 14 dpo. Also, if what you are feeling is implantation, it's also possible it was just burrowing in deeper. I have no idea about timing. You can always tell your doctor or nurse either when you get your results or when you go in
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    13dpo would be considered extremely late implantation
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ah I'm so sorry I know how hard the roller coaster is !! 13 dpo is pretty late for implantation but not impossible . Too , some women spot at random points in pregnancy . That's not super common but it happened to two of my friends early on and they freaked out thinking they had lost a pregnancy early . There is just no way of knowing until you get that test ! I would do a blood test . Just my opinion though . Good luck !!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @katharinejackson2388 as others stated 13dpo would be very late for implantation but definitely not impossible!!! Fx for you! One thing to consider is whether you are on any post ovulation medications such as progesterone. Unfortunately progesterone can cause many of the types of symptoms you have with implantation/early pregnancy. I just did my first cycle with a combination of progesterone and estradiol post ovulation. I had multiple days with what could have been implantation cramps and had seriously sore breasts. Alas no pregnancy this time. Progesterone can play total mind games with you so it is just something to be aware of if you are taking it.
  • Options
    I honestly don't think it seems impossible to implant that late. My nurse told me it's possible I did on 14dpo b/c of the spotting and cramps I had, plus low HCG. I would still get a beta. Even if it's super low, at least you'll know.
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Options
    **trigger warning**

Just wondering if you found anything out? I don't believe I felt cramping around typical implantation time, but the evenings of 12 dpo and 13 dpo, I had some significant cramping. It was also all day 14dpo, which was when I got my BFP (I somehow managed to wait until 14dpo). That BFP turned instantly (I could see a faint line as soon as the urine moved past the test line in the test window and the line darkened pretty quickly). Since then, the cramping has subsided quite a bit.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"