Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Any suggestions for the pain?

This is my second miscarriage. My first was caught during an ultrasound and I was able to get a D&C before I ever felt anything. This time it started with the bleeding so I assume the process had already started. I'm scheduled for the D&C on Monday morning, but it hurts so bad right now. They gave me Percocet, but it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot. Any other suggestions for pain management? Thank you!!.

Re: Any suggestions for the pain?

• For anyone in the same boat, I wanted to update. It took about an hour and a half, and I passed something (not entirely sure what at this point), but the pain is finally done. I found some relief laying on the floor in sort of a 'child's pose' and doing Lamaze style breathing. Not that I was ever really trained in that breathing technique, but you see it enough on tv I was able to improvise. Hope that's helpful to someone.
  • First of all, I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

I made the mistake of not taking pain meds before the pain started. Once the pain kicked I tried taking some Tylenol but just puked it up. Not fun.
    I found relief from sitting on the toilet and leaning forward slightly, also from standing with feet hip width apart and leaning on a chair, sometimes rocking on the balls of my feet while leaning on the chair helped, sometimes it didn't. I found walking around to help some as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain. I am glad you've gotten some relief. For me, a heating pad seemed to help but that's about it.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Motrin, a hot water bottle and warm baths helped me. However, I was not given the ok to take motrin until I visited the ER from the pain.
  • I'm sorry for your loss.. I had a natural mc (12weeks) at home, I stood in a hot shower for a long time and used heating pad afterward.