Trying to Get Pregnant

Remember

LilLauren17LilLauren17 member
edited November 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**Removed for TOU Violation**

Re: Remember

• I've always liked that quote :) Thinking I missed something here though...
  • Loading the player...
  • .....caught up on what I missed. Ouch.
  • Yep. Correct. You're all right.
  • By the way. Mention my son again..
  • LilLauren17LilLauren17 member
    edited November 2015

@mom2adoodle I think she is reminding herself to be kind to others, especially here on this board, because we have battles she knows nothing about. She messed up with a drive by last night and totally blamed her behavior on having had cancer (something I know nothing about) and gasp.... The unfortunate horror of having a.... Wait for it... Newborn Baby. I know. The horror.

Mention my son again.
  • Keep saying I said I think having my son is a horror. You think it's funny now but wait.
  • Keep saying I said I think having my son is a horror. You think it's funny now but wait.
    Are you implying we'll be calling our children "horrors" when we have them? Actually... tell us, what are we waiting for? I'm in the two week wait, does that count? Will I not find it funny in two weeks?

• LilLauren17LilLauren17 member
    edited November 2015

Keep saying I said I think having my son is a horror. You think it's funny now but wait.

I think the poster was utilizing sarcasm. As in all of us would love a baby...is all
    Which I hope you all do one day, but if people keep bring my son in the mix; think of how low it is to bring a child in it. I care for my son and love him deeply and saying I think he's a horror. Really. Wtf. That's crossing a whole new line

Are you implying we'll be calling our children "horrors" when we have them? Actually... tell us, what are we waiting for? I'm in the two week wait, does that count? Will I not find it funny in two weeks?

You all seem to think I think my son is a horror, what makes that right. Explain.
  • By the way. Mention my son again..

TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     

I think the poster was utilizing sarcasm. As in all of us would love a baby...is all
    This. But she's gonna read it how she wants to read it. So sad really.
    Isn't it?

Which I hope you all do one day, but if people keep bring my son in the mix; think of how low it is to bring a child in it. I care for my son and love him deeply and saying I think he's a horror. Really. Wtf. That's crossing a whole new line
    Nobody said that...sarcasm beyond you?
  • MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited November 2015

Keep saying I said I think having my son is a horror. You think it's funny now but wait.

ETA: fine bump, be that way. That's what I get for putting in a meme instead of a GIF, you're right, GIFs are much better.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I don't think anyone was trying to hurt you or your son with their posts. They were just frustrated with your seeming disregard for other's feelings. And it seems like you feel others disregarded yours as well. I think just apologizing, lurking and learning is the way to rectify this, but that's just my two cents.
  • MrsDho11 said:

ETA: fine bump, be that way. That's what I get for putting in a meme instead of a GIF, you're right, GIFs are much better.
    Ah! I couldn't see it and The suspense was killing me. Hehe

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• I don't think anyone was trying to hurt you or your son with their posts. They were just frustrated with your seeming disregard for other's feelings. And it seems like you feel others disregarded yours as well. I think just apologizing, lurking and learning is the way to rectify this, but that's just my two cents.

I understand that. I have apologized, many times, but if someone was saying the things these ladies are saying to me would you just sit back? I don't think any of them would. I have been looking now

I understand that. I have apologized, many times, but if someone was saying the things these ladies are saying to me would you just sit back? I don't think any of them would. I have been looking now
    Well, yeah, I think I would just sit back lol. I'd sit back and try to understand why my post elicited the reactions it did. To reiterate, I'm sorry you're feeling hurt by the responses you received but I think it's paramount for you to understand how your post(s) can be received as hurtful too. I think a bit of empathy can go a long way here. No one was the victim here. Why not learn from this and just move on?

• @LiLauren17 Don't you realize what you're doing and how it could look to others? Not only did you start a thread on a TTC board where many of us are suffering loss, infertility, and many other aspects as to why we aren't pregnant yet. I get it, having a three-month-old could be stressful, but then worrying to us that you could be pregnant again is just insensitive. All of us are dying for ONE pregnancy, and not a single one of us would DARE ask for another right after because we'd be so ridden with gratitude from the first. But I'm sure every one of us would be GRATEFUL for the chance at pregnancy again so early. But then you go and create a whole new thread telling all the women on this board to be kind to you. In all sincerity, I feel you should just accept that you posted incorrectly and receive the flaming. We've all been through it and it's a part of life here on the bump. The quickest way to make everyone hate you is to keep egging the situation on by continuing to tick off TTC women. 

Bear your wrongdoing just as Hester Prynne (and most of us) would and rock your red "A" until the heat dies down. If not, no ones pulling your leg to stay. 

That was actually a really nice way of saying that. Thank you
  • I'm still not buying it. The baby isn't being dragged into anything. The baby has no object permanence. Because it's a baby. That line of reasoning screams of martyr complex.

It seems you are more concerned with avenging imaginary/perceived wrongs, rather than make an effort to be respectful. Your apologies do not get you anything if you don't modify the offending behaviour.

Here's a quote (that, like all quotes, doesn't require its own thread): 

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Take the advice of PPs. Do "just sit back", and take the time to lurk and learn, or find a more like-minded community. People have been bending over backwards to explain the problems with your behaviour. If the only thing you can take out of it is bruised pride, then this is not likely to result in a mutually beneficial relationship. 

No one asked you to believe me. And I don't need anything else explained. I didn't ask for anyone to bend over backwards for me.
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"