January 2016 Moms

Brown discharge

Is having Brown discharge normal,during the third trimester? I'm 34 weeks along. Its not a lot of discharge. What does it mean???

Re: Brown discharge

• I've had brown spotting/discharge about once or twice a week since I was 15 weeks. Every time I mention it to my OB he says as long as I keep growing, and I'm not having labor pain/contractions, he's not worrying about it. I've never gotten an explanation of why it's happening. Baby appears to be just fine. 

To be sure, talk to your OB about it.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely talk to your OB. Could be a number of things! It's always best they know what is going on with you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely talk to your OB. Could be a number of things! It's always best they know what is going on with you.

Perfectly said.

• It is likely caused by the fact that there is so much extra blood and tissue and whatnot in and around our vaginal openings, so the slightest irritation can cause slight bleeding. Are you still having sex? Do you take the stairs? Did you sit down too hard? Did you wipe too hard after using the bathroom? Any of these things can cause slight bleeding that isn't any cause for worry.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Talk to your care provider. Blood is one of the things that you really need to call about.