Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Hello Everyone!!! Newbie here!!!

Good Morning! (Or afternoon, evening...)

I have been married to my wonderful hubby for over 3 years now but together for almost 9 years. High school sweethearts! Anyways we have only been TTC since June and I have finally admitted to having irregular periods since. The first two months June/July I had 28/29 day cycles and August was a week early making first Month to be 33 days long. since then it has gradually gotten longer. I am currently on cycle day 44/45 with no period in site! I was suppose to start the 19/20 of November.   I went in for a blood test for pregnancy just incase HPT were not sensitive enough and it came back negative 3 days ago.  My doctor isnt worried because I have only been off BC since June and says my body just needs time to adjust. Very frustrating.

I just started having PMS symptoms finally yesterday (Acne, craving sweets/chocolate more than usual) and didnt have any of these the days before. I decided to just take it as a missed period for the month of December and started testing for ovulation 3 days ago. I had low the first day and second and high yesterday and today (maybe thats 4 days lol).

Have any of you ladies dealt with this at all and have any insight for me?

My doctor is little different because my husband is Military so I have a PCM and can't really demand much from them. So asking for fertility testing or anything is like asking for money.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello Everyone!!! Newbie here!!!

• Options
    Welcome! Are you temping??
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Smashbox29Smashbox29 member
    edited November 2015

No because I was too forgetful with it...

I am testing my ovulation by the clearblue digital test with the smiley faces.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm new on this particular site too, but a veteran at ttc. I don't have any specific advice for you, but I've dealt with irregular periods too and was eventually diagnosed with a luteal phase defect and low progesterone. It's possible you had an annovulatory cycle and I don't think that's uncommon, only being off of the bc for 5 months. I can take up to a year to get pregnant even without any fertility problems. I can recommend temping and charting to help confirm that you are in fact ovulating. Good luck to you! Sorry I'm not a ton a help.
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited November 2015
    I would recommend trying to get into the habit and chart your BBT so you can confirm that you are in fact ovulating. I find it helpful to set an alarm at least 1/2 hour before I usually get up as my temping alarm. If you haven't already read the Newbie Guide pinned at the top and the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Edited because I wasn't finished :)
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options

I was definitly thinking of starting to temp again.

I am nervous that my nerves and anxiety over getting pregnant also might be preventing me from having a normal menstral cycle. With that said I was also thinking of just taking a month or two off to just relax and then go back to charting and tracking.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Which ever you decide this community is full of a lot of support. Good luck in you TTC journey!!
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Welcome! I would definitely recommend temping to confirm ovulation. good luck to you!
  • Options
    Welcome! I'd also recommend temping. I think there's no real concern over a cycle being too long until CD60, and unfortunately everyone's experience coming off BC is different.

I hope you find the support you need here, your cycle regulates soon, and that you don't need to be here long!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019