December 2015 Moms

Sleeping alone

Hi ladies. Lately all I want is to sleep on my own at nights..but don't have the courage to ask my hubby to lay elsewhere. I get so uncomfortable and hit @36 weeks now. Any advice ?!?! Thnx

Re: Sleeping alone

• Does laying on the couch make you more comfortable? I remember with my 2nd pregnancy the bed was uncomfortable, so I'd sleep in the recliner or couch. Sometimes putting a pillow in between my legs pr under my lower back helped. Or, are you just wanting to have the bed to yourself?
  • We've been sleeping separately bc I needed more room. I just explained to my husband that I toss and turn too much and part of me waking up was concern about crowding him. Which was actually true. When I sleep alone, I still wake up a lot, but it's not out of concern that I'm crowding him anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband snores, especially right now since he has the cold I gave him... I haven't slept longer than an hour in 3 nights. I think I might sleep on the couch tonight.
  • I just move to the couch if I want to be alone. It's often more comfortable to prop myself up there anyway.
  • Luckily my DH is a light sleeper and has been in the spare room since 30 weeks lol. I make some funky noises at night. Unfortunately the dog doesn't mind so I end up losing part/all of the bed to him!
  • My SO has been in Australia for 8 days. I am 38 weeks pregnant. I love sleeping and waking up next to him but I would have to admit that sleeping alone the past week has been kind of nice. I snore with pregnancy and it bothers me knowing i wake him. Plus, i take up space with my pregnancy pillow and giant belly.
  • I'm lucky to have a huge bed and a very understanding husband. He will leave anytime he thinks he is bothering me.
    I rarely have to ask, but when I do I feel bad as well.
    I see it as almost "training." Lol that really makes it sounds horrible. When the baby is here and he is sick or not able to sleep...I will be asking him to leave so he will not wake her. :S
  • These last few nights I've slept alone and it's been wonderful! :)
  • My husband gets up very early so I cherish those morning hours of having the bed all to myself. Could you sleep on the couch? Do you have a guest room? Do you just want the bed to yourself or is there a concern about something? I think my husband would be a little hurt if I told him I just wanted the bed to myself and he had to sleep on the couch for the next few weeks lol.
  • We both sleep better alone right now. I don't want it to become a habit after baby but right now it is a must. He likes sleeping on the couch though.
  • I don't like sleeping alone but just lately I can't stand the body heat. I'll try the couch. Thnx :)
  • Gonna try n sleep in a few hrs after he leaves to work. I don't want to make him feel less bc I know for sure..I'll be needing him to keep me company on those long nights when baby gets here :)
  • Just ask him. Mine understood :) maybe yours would too. Tell him it isn't personal you just need the entire bed to be comfy.
  • I can't lie, my DH thoughtfully started sleeping on the couch 2 nights ago because he has a sinus infection and knows he snores badly as a result. I have absolutely loved having the bed to myself, even though I miss waking up with him beside me.