November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• @MercyC1130 - so sorry to hear you're suffering the same! This is the worst I've seen mine as well.
  • So , I'm pretty sure LO keeps "dropping" and then moving back up just to mess with my emotions.  Not like dropping means I'm headed towards labor, but even my OB noticed it at one of my appointments and did a quick U/S to make sure he hadn't flipped entirely. 

In other news I decided last minute at 9am this morning that I HAD to go get a winter coat for myself (my coat from last year got torn) today on Black Friday.  So I headed out this morning, alone, the day before my due date.  It actually worked out pretty well, although I kind of had to guess on the sizing due to the giant belly.  I'm really hoping that the rush of energy I had last night plus the urge to shop despite the lack of sleep and hip pain was some sort of nesting urge meaning labor is coming, but I'm guessing I'll still be pregnant this time next week...  Did anyone else check out sales today?
    Good for you that you went out & got some good deals. This is my first Black Friday since I've been 16 that I haven't had to work in retail. (I'm a store manager) so the fact that I got to stay home all day and relax was great. My pelvis and tailbone hurt so bad I can't walk much anyway

• Loading the player...
  • @kwaldy yay! Glad you didn't have to wait until Monday! I agree,epidurals are amaze-balls!!! Good luck!!
  • 41+3 today feeling more than extremely pregnant any other 41+ mothers out there? No matter what being induced on Tuesday at 42 weeks and feeling more antsy than ever! I just wish she would come on her own just not looking too promising so much for natural unmedicated! What are you guys doing to keep your mind off of the impending labor?
  • 41wks tomorrow still no sign of labor, massive amounts of text messages and calls everyday, tired beyond belief and overall feeling crappy because I'm just not the type of person to sit around and do nothing but that seems to be all I can do right now, ugh. Ultrasound schedule for Monday but was really hoping to have a turkey baby this week.... -__-
  • Also is anyone else experiencing major heart burn/acid reflux? I haven't dealt with it much at all throughout this pregnancy but I feel like I'm breathing fire and about to vomit constantly since beginning of this week :(
  • Also is anyone else experiencing major heart burn/acid reflux? I haven't dealt with it much at all throughout this pregnancy but I feel like I'm breathing fire and about to vomit constantly since beginning of this week :(

Definitely major reflux all week long, tums works for me but man I am tired of chewing those things :(
  • french_manifrench_mani member
    edited November 2015

41wks tomorrow still no sign of labor, massive amounts of text messages and calls everyday, tired beyond belief and overall feeling crappy because I'm just not the type of person to sit around and do nothing but that seems to be all I can do right now, ugh. Ultrasound schedule for Monday but was really hoping to have a turkey baby this week.... -__-

My due date was only yesterday and I'm already sick of the messages and texts of what I should do, eat, think to get my baby out because it's what other people want. I'm just to the point of saying no he's not here, thanks. My tailbone is killing me so bad so I thought I should walk around. Went for a walk and that hurt too so I'm not sure what to do. I regret not buying a pregnancy pillow or excercise ball because I am too cheap. Like you, my next appointment is Monday. Glad there are still some ladies I can chat with!

Edited for spelling

• 41+3 today feeling more than extremely pregnant any other 41+ mothers out there? No matter what being induced on Tuesday at 42 weeks and feeling more antsy than ever! I just wish she would come on her own just not looking too promising so much for natural unmedicated! What are you guys doing to keep your mind off of the impending labor?

41+2 here. I feel so discouraged. My original due date was the 30th, but they changed it to the 19th when I was around 35 weeks. Although I feel like the 30th was a closer bet, mentally now I feel overdue as all hell.
    I'm feeling really bummed because I think I'm probably going to have to be induced.
    I really really wanted to go naturally, and I feel like if they had kept the original dd then that would have been an option for me.
    My nst was short and sweet, and all is well though.
  • laswett said:

Here's what I've been using ladies. Feel free to borrow. 40+6 today, and if one more person tells us to have sex.........

This is perfect. I will send this to everyone who asks if I'm in labor yet, how the contractions are going, etc
  • Thought my water broke in toys r us today at 39w5d and went to the hospital. Tests were negative and baby is doing great! Having some bleeding but nothing bad must have just been the bloody show. Been having contractions in my back ever since, let's hope baby comes soon!

41+2 here. I feel so discouraged. My original due date was the 30th, but they changed it to the 19th when I was around 35 weeks. Although I feel like the 30th was a closer bet, mentally now I feel overdue as all hell.
    I'm feeling really bummed because I think I'm probably going to have to be induced.
    I really really wanted to go naturally, and I feel like if they had kept the original dd then that would have been an option for me.
    My nst was short and sweet, and all is well though.
    So similar to me my original due date was the 26th and they changed it to the 18th... Clearly wasn't correct! I've have Drs apnts every day and I'm convinced the Drs doing whatever he can to try to convince me to just induce seems like that may just have to be the case, dang it!
  • Same here.. 41 weeks tomorrow..thought I would have a turkey baby as well.. Luckily I didn't end up buying him a thanksgiving outfit as planned.. my OB plans to induce me tomorrow evening cause he's on call at the hospital.. I'm still hoping I go into labor before induction..
  • In the hospital getting induced. Maybe. They haven't started the meds yet. But I'm hooked up to everything under the sun. Baby is being difficult with moving away from monitor. Contractions are sort of regular but they don't bother me.
  • woke up at 5:30 with a gush-like feeling, wet the bed a little ..I ran to the bathroom and peed, saw the blood tinged mucus plug ...been having irregular contractions since then..now I got up to go to the bathroom, I have bloody/ pink tinged stain ..I'm wearing clean panties now with fresh set of panty liners.. Will see what happens again.. The bloody stain kinda scares me though.. Don't know if I should call now
  • feebee21 said:

woke up at 5:30 with a gush-like feeling, wet the bed a little ..I ran to the bathroom and peed, saw the blood tinged mucus plug ...been having irregular contractions since then..now I got up to go to the bathroom, I have bloody/ pink tinged stain ..I'm wearing clean panties now with fresh set of panty liners.. Will see what happens again.. The bloody stain kinda scares me though.. Don't know if I should call now

It's your mucus plug and bloody show. Very normal. There's quite a bit of blood that comes out as you dilate. Give labor and delivery a call, especially if you think your water broke.
  • Pontot31 said:

feebee21 said:

woke up at 5:30 with a gush-like feeling, wet the bed a little ..I ran to the bathroom and peed, saw the blood tinged mucus plug ...been having irregular contractions since then..now I got up to go to the bathroom, I have bloody/ pink tinged stain ..I'm wearing clean panties now with fresh set of panty liners.. Will see what happens again.. The bloody stain kinda scares me though.. Don't know if I should call now

It's your mucus plug and bloody show. Very normal. There's quite a bit of blood that comes out as you dilate. Give labor and delivery a call, especially if you think your water broke.
    Im having contractions about 7-15 mins apart in the last 2 hours now.. I am waiting it out for the intervals to get shorter..like 5 mins apart then I will call
  • Good luck @feebee21 !!

Anyone else still left in November '15 mamas who may quickly become December '15 mamas!?

Holding steady here! Our little one doesn't seem to want to move out of her condo...
  • Ellsmac said:

Good luck @feebee21 !!

Anyone else still left in November '15 mamas who may quickly become December '15 mamas!?

Holding steady here! Our little one doesn't seem to want to move out of her condo...

We are getting induced tomorrow at 5:00 am. So if things progress super slow, we could have a December baby! My Mom, Dad, brother, husband and sister in law all have birthdays in December! We were really hoping for November :) we will see!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ellsmac said:

Good luck @feebee21 !!

Yes most likely! I expected this as my due date was 11/27 and assumed I would be "late" my little guy doesn't want to budge either. It's fine by me, I'm super nervous! Lol

• I'm still waiting as well. EDD was 11/28. I don't think he is making his entrance any time soon. I can't wait to see his little face though!
  • Ellsmac said:

Good luck @feebee21 !!

ohhhhhh yeah! Just reached 40 weeks yesterday though (28th) so I'm kind of expecting it to be a bit. At the same time, hoping it's not... Let's go baby!!!

Giving all the mamas holding out at 40&41+ weeks major credit. They'll let me go to 42 weeks, thinking about almost 2 more weeks is... Ugh, I don't even want to! :p

• Ellsmac said:
    Good luck @feebee21 !! Anyone else still left in November '15 mamas who may quickly become December '15 mamas!? Holding steady here! Our little one doesn't seem to want to move out of her condo...
    Me too.  We really were hoping for a November baby, but it's looking like he'll be here in Dec.  I guess my Black Friday Shopping didn't really help encourage him to come out. We'll see the OB on Wednesday (40+4) and apparently will talk about induction then.  :(

• Ellsmac said:

Good luck @feebee21 !!

Me too.  We really were hoping for a November baby, but it's looking like he'll be here in Dec.  I guess my Black Friday Shopping didn't really help encourage him to come out. We'll see the OB on Wednesday (40+4) and apparently will talk about induction then.  :(

Yep- we all seem to have been 11/28 for EDD. Ha! We have an appointment tomorrow but think we have until next weekend before they start talking induction... Which we are definitely hoping to avoid...

Stay strong ladies! At least we know that we will all get there ... Eventually :)
  • Ellsmac said:

Good luck @feebee21 !!

I'm still here too, EDD is today... No signs of labor yet and mom and MIL asking daily if baby is coming, sometimes twice daily.
  • Has anyone been having regular contractions (not Braxton hicks) which stopped after a few hours?
    I was having contractions for about 5 hours after I had the bloody show before calling my OB.. As soon as I got in the car to the hospital, contractions stopped and I ended up having only two when was being monitored.. I'm not even dilated..I'm 41 weeks today.. Last week my OB scheduled Induction For later this evening, but I'm still bummed cause it's like I'm lying about the contractions.. I have been monitoring them too with my tracker..
    I'm still having the bloody show btw..
  • 41+3 today. I'll be induced this week if still no baby. So there is light at the end of the tunnel at least. As much as I loved loved loved seeing my brother and sil and nephew, I feel a little more focused today and am trying to clean and reorganize everything before baby gets here.
    Last minute I am switching the stupidly huge bedframe in my room to the little simple one from my sisters.
    But now I'm a bit stressed. I'm so overwhelmed by how much stuff there is in this bedroom. I really don't even own that much more than bare necessities for myself. SOs stuff though is everywhere though, mostly tools and art stuff and knick knacks. It's driving me crazy right now.
  • feebee21 said:

Has anyone been having regular contractions (not Braxton hicks) which stopped after a few hours?
    I was having contractions for about 5 hours after I had the bloody show before calling my OB.. As soon as I got in the car to the hospital, contractions stopped and I ended up having only two when was being monitored.. I'm not even dilated..I'm 41 weeks today.. Last week my OB scheduled Induction For later this evening, but I'm still bummed cause it's like I'm lying about the contractions.. I have been monitoring them too with my tracker..

Me. I've been having contractions that get as close as 5 mins apart for 3-4 hours at a time, that are painful and then, they just stop. It's been happening to me every day since Wednesday. Seems to be prodromal labor, and it's frustrating to not know what is going on, and to start mentally preparing for real labor, only to have it all stop. I don't wish this on anyone.
  • rmeganwrmeganw member
    edited November 2015
    I'm just done! Over the 40 week mark last week but just can't imagine Thursday, my induction day, EVER getting here. There have been too many progressive signs in the last week that keep me excited and hopeful but every night I go to bed disappointed that today was not the day. Come on baby! "We" are ready. We=your daddy and I plus the millions of text, calls and FB posts I've gotten this last two weeks.
  • I've eaten an entire pineapple today.
    Still no sign of baby, but I burnt the roof of my mouth in the process! :wink:
  • feebee21 said:

Has anyone been having regular contractions (not Braxton hicks) which stopped after a few hours?

Me. I've been having contractions that get as close as 5 mins apart for 3-4 hours at a time, that are painful and then, they just stop. It's been happening to me every day since Wednesday. Seems to be prodromal labor, and it's frustrating to not know what is going on, and to start mentally preparing for real labor, only to have it all stop. I don't wish this on anyone.
    I really don't wish it on anyone... We all packed up and headed to the hospital thinking it sad the real deal..