June 2016 Moms

Irritable Uterus?

I have been cramping since 6 weeks and it's now every night with some very light spotting. I talked to my midwife last night and she seems to think I have an irritable uterus. I will discuss more at our next appt however in the meantime I did Google and from what I have read a lot of ppl don't get it till they are further in 2nd tri/3rd tri. It worries me that I may have it so early and that the cramping has increased. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Re: Irritable Uterus?

• I had it with my first. It started at 29 weeks and put me in the hospital in what I thought was preterm labor. I was back again at 32 weeks. I had to get weekly progesterone shots and non stress tests to make sure the baby wasn't being affected by it. I made it to 39+1.
    It can be very painful but I was told endlessly by my OB that it was perfectly safe as long as I was monitored, just a huge painful inconvenience. Lots and lots of water and taking it easy will help. I was allowed to work as long as I stayed seated (Im a teacher, not easy).
    Since you're so early I would just wait and see what happens. It's very normal to cramp this early in pregnancy. I too have had a lot of spotting and red blood that turned out ok. I didn't have spotting when I had irritable uterus.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @VikingGirl12 thank you. Glad to hear you make it to 39 weeks!

Midwife also said Bc I'm still so early (10ish weeks) we will just wait and see what happens.
    From what I read they don't change the cervix but yeah they are painful and annoying. They start late afternoon/into the evening every day so that's why she is thinking irritable uterus.