March 2016 Moms

The Night Owl Thread

Re: The Night Owl Thread

• So I've come to accept I will only sleep in 4-5 hour stretches. Woke up at 5am thanksgiving morning (5hours of sleep total) and managed to stay awake all day without needing a nap and was so happy thinking MAYBE I would sleep through the night. NOPE. Lol. Went to bed at 8 and woke up at 1. Been trying to fall back to sleep for almost 2 hours now.. :cry:
  • Only i could wake up starving after a big dinner! 4 am seems like a good time for breakfast!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No one else unable to sleep tonight? We are about half way through eith our drive. We stopped at a rest area and dh has fallen asleep ( we had to drive separately ) but of course I have a wide awake 2 year in the back seat of my car so no sleep for me. Hopefully, ds will fall asleep soon so I can catch a few zzs before our hour is up (we only gave ourselves an hour to rest)
  • red3ye said:

No one else unable to sleep tonight? We are about half way through eith our drive. We stopped at a rest area and dh has fallen asleep ( we had to drive separately ) but of course I have a wide awake 2 year in the back seat of my car so no sleep for me. Hopefully, ds will fall asleep soon so I can catch a few zzs before our hour is up (we only gave ourselves an hour to rest)

I've been up since 1am EST. I'd just be a nightly regular if I posted every night. Lol. Hopefully you were able to get some rest so you can safety continue your drive. :)

• I definitely wake up every 3 to 4 hours to pee. Thank goodness I am able to fall back to sleep pretty nicely....for now.
  • I slept fine minus my husband shaking the whole bed with his super bad cough. I made him take cough medicine at 4:30AM and it took both of us 2 hours to get back to sleep again. I hope he feels better soon.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Anyone else up tonight? Wide awake feeling like I have a UTI - so much burning pain in the bladder. Its probably not a UTI, just my IC acting up for no reason, but regardles. I just want to cry. The pain is not very manageable. Water and Tylenol till it stops...
  • Anyone else up tonight? Wide awake feeling like I have a UTI - so much burning pain in the bladder. Its probably not a UTI, just my IC acting up for no reason, but regardles. I just want to cry. The pain is not very manageable. Water and Tylenol till it stops...
    If you need to, go to L&D.  They can give you pain relief and figure out if it's a UTI.  There is no shame in getting checked out!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• 12:22- little man knows that there is ice cream in the house, he woke mommy up for a midnight snack. Now I can't turn my mind back off.

• @charley15 I'm up with you. I just had a bowl of cereal.
  • Well, looks like my insatiable first-trimester hunger is back in full force. Tonight marks the third night in a row that I've woken up around 3/4am with cramping, feed-me-now hunger pains. Down to the kitchen I go... I eat plenty of protein and snacks before bed- this child just wants food around the clock!
  • Was up alot last night to: heartburn and stress plus a bit of ice cream after reading about @charley15. :) not sure why I didn't post then, I blame a foggy brain that won't operate correctly with lack of sleep
  • Went to bed last night around 11, was actually sleeping without waking up at all until about 2:30 when DH and BIL ran the electric pump for the air mattress for BIL to sleep on. From then on idk why I even tried to sleep. I was tossing and turning all night after that!! Ugh, all I ask for is a night of not waking up until I'm ready to actually get up...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• ecwkecwk member
    edited December 2015
    I could have joined in last night. A stupid car alarm went off at like 4am and DID NOT STOP FOR AAAAAAGES. I wanted to cry and perhaps punch someone. I was already sleeping poorly because my back hurt and I have my hair in little twists because I want it to be curly today! #RantOver

ETA it is very hard to sleep with my hair like this - that's why I mentioned it lol

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg...my husband's snoring and night noises. So I finally tried propping my upper body up with pillows this week to help with the reflux and they work like a charm! Seriously pillow created heaven.

But now I keep getting woken up by husband's snoring and grunts and smacking. I don't know if he was dreaming of a pie eating contest or what, but this is so not fair. And he was breathing on me... I had flashbacks of my family's road trip from East Texas to Yellowstone National Park when I was 12 and whining about my brother being on my side of the backseat. My hormones are out of control.
  • I keep tossing and turning, can NOT seem to get comfortable at all tonight. I'm exhausted and almost to the point where I'm going cross eyed because I'm so tired, yet I can't fall asleep...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Its now 3:35 and I've been up since 1230... Reflux, dancing baby and a mind that wont shut off :( I just want to sleep ! ... Dh is breathing on me also and .. Omg what died in his mouth ew bleh !
  • >:( DH is an annoyingly early riser. Usually he's not home this early in the morning (6am) because he's out and on his way to coach something. Not this weekend. He gets up at about 6am (after tossing and turning in bed for an hour). Proceeds to hog up the bathroom (long shower, shaving, and normal bathroom use, etc) so I have to sleepily walk downstairs to use the downstairs bathroom. I'm clumsy when I'm wide awake so I seriously need to wake myself up before I head down the steps. He can't even hear me when I try to ask him to hurry up because he has his stupid headphones on. Now I'm wide awake for the third day in a row after a night of non stop peeing every few hours. I'm sleepy and cranky and the sun is rising so there goes my sleep.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • My 21mo just had a 20 minute fit. Literally kicking and screaming like he was angry, not just his usual fussing for middle of the night nursies. Second night in a row. He finally seems to have gone back to sleep, but with my arm in the most awkward uncomfy position that I dare not move. Idk what to do about this. Nothing was working; he wouldn't nurse. Now I am wide awake. So is my TinyCompanion, kicking up a storm.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Sorry to hear that @oceanchild ds has nightmares sometimes and wakes up in a fit, maybe it's that?

I can't sleep, haven't fallen asleep yet and it's 310 here and my alarm goes off in less than 3 hours. Going to be a long day.
  • @oceanchild hope you get to move your arm soon!

@red3ye I'm sorry, I've done that before while not pregnant and it wasn't fun. I hope you can get some rest in before your alarm!

I've been tossing and turning out of discomfort mostly. Part of the issue is my neck, I've been stressing out hard core over our finances the past few days so now my neck is super tight and painful, which in turn causes me bad headaches. Luckily my alarm doesn't go off till 8, but I know I'll be on my feet all day till probably around 8 tonight.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited December 2015
    I'm not sure @red3ye! My now 5yo used to have night terrors, but they were so different than this. Could be though.
    At least I caught up on the 200 random-thread posts haha
    We are in the same time zone. I'm at 3:29 now and wake up is 5:25. Boo! Hoping for an easy day for both of us

Autism mama! 
  • @oceanchild have u tried placing clear quarts or amethyst in his bedroom/space? Some folk don't believe in negativity creeping in and affecting children but it's out there. A DreamCatcher, classical music like Mozart, clear Quartz or prayer/chant works wonders.
  • I'm up atleast 3 times during night. If it's not full bladder it's hunger. Eh, I've learned to embrace it. There will be plenty more of that once baby arrives lol. I play Mozart baby effect on pandora to help me go back to sleep..
  • I think I'm starting to hit that point where I wake up every night for a good two or so hours...damn...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• 12.25am here and I've just woken up from a 5 hour after dinner "nap" after an exhausting day at work.

Haven't slept very well for the past two nights either... @CecilB93 for the same reasons! Usually it's for an hour about now, then again at 3.30 I'll try drift in and out but only seems lightly until husband gets up for work at 6am. It all starts with needing to pee!
  • @hellomylittleone yes! I wake up around 3 or so to pee, then can't fall back asleep till about 5, then the alarm goes off at 6 :( I know once baby is here it's not going to get any better, but my body doesn't function well on little to no sleep!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited December 2015
    "Saaaaay Click! Take a pic! Say Click! Take a pic!" (Sigh, thanks Dora/Diego whichever one of your dang shows has that song stuck in my head.)

@ECHbaby I haven't, but I love Mozart And although I'm a skeptic, I actually do have some clear quartz (I've collected stuff like that since I was a kid), and it certainly doesn't hurt to put it in the room :)

Autism mama! 
  • Why why why am I awake?!?

Autism mama! 
  • Midnight and we have a busy day at church in the a.m. I fell asleep twice, but now I'm up. It's too hot too sleep. (But it's December!) And my teenage nephew is crashing on the couch downstairs, so I can't be warming up yummy chicken leftovers.
  • Ds woke up at 1 am and climbed into bed with us, but wouldn't sleep. It is now 4 am and I am only just getting him back to sleep, but he put up a big fight. I am so tired but wide awake at the same time. I just hope he sleeps in so I can catch up.
  • I'm getting used to sleeping in spurts at night, guess it is to prepare me for the babies. Haven't had a good night of sleep in a couple weeks
  • Grrr...Asshole dog of mine! I was dreaming that my mom and I were at a ski lodge/bar ordering drinks. But I felt someone grope my butt. I couldn't get it to stop so I woke up out of a dead sleep- at first I thought it was dh and I was ready to punch him because lately he has been trying to cop a feel and it pisses me off because he KNOWS we can't do anything thanks to being put on pelvic rest. Nope- my doxie sleeps between us, and was dream running. His paw was stroking up the back of my leg right up to my butt! He invaded my otherwise semi - normal dream and woke me up- at 4 AM when my alarm is set for 5:50! Asshole dog.

• Ugh, I've been up since 4 and canNOT get back to sleep! My mind is racing - Christmas shopping, Christmas cards, finances, DS's bday party - you name it, I've thought of it this hour. Oh, and I can't get comfortable... My ribs hurt!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's 3.30am here and I woke up with a serious dry throat. But two hours ago, lol....

I woke up screaming in pain which sent our two cats flying off the bed and DH waking up in panic because he thought something terrible had happend...
    But I just experienced my first extreme cramp down my calf that lasted about 15 minutes with him trying to rub it out and me screaming my head off. Lol.

Now, two hours later I can still feel the remains of it & its left me wondering if I have actually had muscle cramp ever before because wow. That was next level.
  • It's 3.30am here and I woke up with a serious dry throat. But two hours ago, lol....

I woke up screaming in pain which sent our two cats flying off the bed and DH waking up in panic because he thought something terrible had happend...
    But I just experienced my first extreme cramp down my calf that lasted about 15 minutes with him trying to rub it out and me screaming my head off. Lol.

Now, two hours later I can still feel the remains of it & its left me wondering if I have actually had muscle cramp ever before because wow. That was next level.

@hellomylittleone
    "Toes to the nose" Always stretch the muscle. It is way more effective than anything else.
  • @hellomylittleone I get them all the time (though only when pregnant). Lots of water and bananas can help, but I still get them regularly. However, when it happens I get out of bed and put weight on the ball of that leg then I firmly press my heel to the ground. I might have to do that once or twice but the pain is gone within a few seconds after that.
  • smount2011smount2011 member
    edited December 2015
    Ok so I know half of it is my fault tonight- I fell asleep around 7:30 again and now it's 11:30...but I'm wide awake and baby decided it's time for us to eat lol. So tonight's snack is tortilla chips and salsa dip.

• To achy to sleep. I have an appointment on the 23, but I think I will call and see if I can get something otc.
  • I'd never felt anything like it! Thanks for the advice @BrittaniLC & @Stormiewinter . Hopefully that'll help me more should it happen again any time soon :)
    Have been doing lots of stretching today as muscle still feels pretty tense!.