April 2016 Moms
Options

Deliciousness

BrittaDJBrittaDJ member
edited November 2015 in April 2016 Moms
Okay ladies! I'm lying on the couch with a belly full of stuffing since I just had ANOTHER helping of this scrumptious treat. What food did you proudly overindulge in today that was totally worth it?

P.S. Hope you all had a relaxing and happy day!

Re: Deliciousness

• Options
    I had a fabulous non-Thanksgiving with my friends and sister and we ate our hearts out with spicy Indian butter chicken and Donkin Donuts for dessert. Yum!

image.jpeg 1013.5K

• Options

I had a fabulous non-Thanksgiving with my friends and sister and we ate our hearts out with spicy Indian butter chicken and Donkin Donuts for dessert. Yum!

That. Looks. Incredible! Way better than anything I ate today!

I'm not support big on Thanksgiving foods, but I did go back for seconds on dinner rolls. Mmmmmmm carbohydrates!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chocolate birthday cake! I'm about to get some more!
  • Options
    My firsts were so filling I couldn't do seconds! Seriously, one plate, and NAP!
  • Options
    We started the day out at my mom in law's, and I ate so much I couldn't breathe more than I normally cant!!! And then we went to MY house, and I did it again! Then I passed out and I just had another plate. Never eaten like this before in my LIFE
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:

That. Looks. Incredible! Way better than anything I ate today!

I'm not support big on Thanksgiving foods, but I did go back for seconds on dinner rolls. Mmmmmmm carbohydrates!
    I've never had Thanksgiving food before so this was the next best thing. I am usually not really into hot spicy food but this pregnancy has me craving chili all the time. So I went crazy :D I wish we had more, give me all the spices!

• Options
    Sweet
    Potato
    Casserole.

Dear God, it was good.
  • Options
    I went overboard with mashed potatoes and gravy... I've never felt to huge and full in my life !!!
  • Options
    Thanksgiving was so disappointing! I'm still only able to eat small amount several times a day... I had the tiniest of tiny bits of everything... The Dijon honey glazed ham was my favorite, but I couldn't go overboard if I tried!
  • Options
    Everything? I had leftovers for breakfast at 8 this morning and went back to bed to sleep it off until now (11) thank god my son is pooped enough to sleep in with me!
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 OMG I love butter chicken! I found a crockpot recipe for it that uses ground cashews to make it creamy instead of butter/cream but I have yet to try it. Yum.

We did an early Thanksgiving over a week ago and were in Disney all day yesterday...I actually forgot to eat a lot! But I had an amazing Oreo shake at a restaurant in one of the parks!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We had Thanksgiving with DHs family and I was really disappointed with how much I didn't enjoy the food. I come from a southern family and how we cook Thanksgiving vs how his family cooks (they're from Wisconsin) is vastly different. Even the Turkey tasted weird to me because it was smoked with all kinds of herbs, spices and was soaked in something before hand. Everything was just weird to me.

We don't go home until tomorrow and of course everything is leftovers today so I am pretty much starving.
  • Options
    Since we did potluck at my Grandma's, I don't really have leftovers to binge on, except the pie, which was my assignment. Sadly, while everyone else thought it was great, I have three whole pies that I didn't enjoy very much.
  • Options
    Echoing what PPs have said, we do thanksgiving with DHs family. I come from a "from scratch" cooking family and he definitely doesn't. The company is always wonderful, but the food is always lacking. My SIL and I are slowly bringing more and more dishes :)
  • Options

Echoing what PPs have said, we do thanksgiving with DHs family. I come from a "from scratch" cooking family and he definitely doesn't. The company is always wonderful, but the food is always lacking. My SIL and I are slowly bringing more and more dishes :)

If it weren't for the fact that we had just traveled over 6 hours I definitely would have contributed some food!
  • Options

This was always my biggest complaint to my fiancé about his mom's cooking... I ate so much boxed and canned food as a kid, I can't handle it at all now. Just tastes like chemicals to me... He likes my cooking better, so in his heart he agrees with me lol.
  • Options
    Stuffing. Lots of stuffing. And a giant turkey leg. And blueberry pie. I still have almost a whole one in the fridge because we had so much pie at our family gathering.

In fact, I'll have another slice now because the baby totally said to.