May 2016 Moms

cramps?

Has anyone experienced cramps that are there some days and gone the next in the lower abdomen and pelvic area?

Re: cramps?

• Yes, it's called round ligament pain and is very normal especially in the second trimester
  • Round ligament pain can be described as a sharp/jabbing pain on one side. Is this what you're feeling?
  • Loading the player...
  • Round ligament pain can be described as a sharp/jabbing pain on one side. Is this what you're feeling?

It's not always on one side. I actually mostly get it towards the center
  • Gas, dehydration, being on your feet too long, needing to poop, needing to pee, needing to eat, stretching uterus all cause this. I've been having them since day 1. Try drinking more water, sitting down and elevating your feet for 15 min, take a stool softener (if you haven't pooped), or go potty (sorry I'm sleepy...bathroom...to the bathroom).
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Yes. I figure it's a variety of reasons like the above poster mentioned. Sometimes just doing some stretching helps (esp. if I think it's related to a recent work out - not that I'm working out hard).
  • That sounds like what's going on. I'm glad im not the only one who is having these. Baby's heartbeat was 150 the other day, so everything is going well.
  • I have been having pains since last night and mine are definitely gas pains.