May 2016 Moms

What did you score on Black Friday?

I still have not purchased anything! Give me some inspiration...what did you/are you going to buy?

Re: What did you score on Black Friday?

• We got our stroller so far - the BOB Revolution SE. We probably won't be buying much of anything else unless we see anything while we're out tomorrow though. We're going tree and decoration shopping so if anything it will probably end up being Christmas related.

If I'm feeling brave we might check out Kohls and I might get some more maternity clothes.
  • I'm not buying baby stuff yet by I scored big time on maternity clothes at target today! Yay for clothes that fit!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not buying baby stuff yet by I scored big time on maternity clothes at target today! Yay for clothes that fit!

Yasssss I NEED pants desperately. Going to have to do some online clothes shopping before midnight!
  • Morherhood maternity outlet has sweaters BOGO so I stocked up. And I got a bra that (hopefully fits!!) Some new jeans at kohls at 60%+15% off. We got home and bought our stroller from kohls on line (I'm so excited but also slightly worried that I jinxed my pregnancy by buying such a big ticket purchase already). We also got some Xmas gifts. Not a bad shopping day!

cat fail animated GIF

• I bought some maternity pants at kohls and old navy.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • A pack and play, clothes, and some nursery decorations.
  • A Chicco keyfit 30 car seat and base from diapers.com for $213, saved about $72 :)
  • Soooo much that I totally didn't plan on buying today!  I got 10 gender neutral outfits for our Lil Sprout, our Graco travel system stroller/infant car seat & base was $100 off at Babies R Us and too good of a deal to pass up, a hamper & matching bin for the nursery from Target, the Levana Astra video monitor on sale on Amazon for $121, and maternity clothes from both Kohls (all with a gift card!) and Pink Blush Maternity.  Today was an unplanned success!
  • yogahh said:

Morherhood maternity outlet has sweaters BOGO so I stocked up. And I got a bra that (hopefully fits!!) Some new jeans at kohls at 60%+15% off. We got home and bought our stroller from kohls on line (I'm so excited but also slightly worried that I jinxed my pregnancy by buying such a big ticket purchase already). We also got some Xmas gifts. Not a bad shopping day!

My sister bought us a crib at 6 weeks with my son. It made me nervous, but he's sleeping in it right now! Lol
  • Nothing on sale. I went to Marshall's. I got DD dress shoes $15, my mom a down mattress cover $20, 2 Ralph Lauren fluffy pillows $12 (total), pillowcases $7, a huge chanel throw blanket for DH's grandmother $17, Frozen bowling set for DD $8, shoes for my mom $20, stocking hanger plank $14, and I have now found a Christmas dress I should have gotten and will eye for the next couple of weeks (trying to gauge how big I'll be by then. All in all still not bad.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I got some maternity stuff from Kohl's - same deal that @yogahh got. I also found the Kate Spade wallet I wanted from my husband for 1/2 off so we went ahead and bought that as well. Score for me. Now going to check out Motherhood Maternity.
  • Maternity clothes from thredup.com. I don't pay retail for things I wear normally, let alone things I will only wear for 6 months. They had 15% off and free shipping today - got 3 dresses and 4 tops for about $60. Yay consignment!
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited November 2015
    Lots and lots of Christmas shopping...and a few things for me. 5 flannel shirts for the guys and 3 pairs of maternity pants/jeans for me from Kohls for $85-- plus $30 kohl's cash to spend next week. I got Leatherman pocket knives and a nice, lithium ion Black and Decker dustvac from Amazon for 60% off. I also got two sweaters and a button-down shirt for my mom and grandma from Talbots for $100 (their stuff is usually reeaaaallly expensive, so I was excited). Earlier in the week I did my shopping for DS, getting some Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles at 30% off, Disney store stuff at 50% off, and used my Disney movie rewards to get him Cars 2. I also got a Little Peoples Castle and knights set for $14 when Toysrus had it 50% off. Earlier this week I also got some $10 Groupon deals on a new Eddie Bauer coat/sweater for our short-haired doggie and a toy 3-pack.
    ...I wait and save for Christmas shopping all year long. : )

Eta, this wasn't a Black Friday sale, but some of the area Giant Eagle stores are phasing out Pampers Baby Dry diapers, so they're 50% off. They rang up wrong, so per store policy, I got them for FREE!
  • I got a massive rebate on the crib and dresser we bought two weeks ago (the store has a 14 day price warranty), a video monitor from BRU, and tons of maternity clothing (pyjamas and winter coat included) at 40% off! And a pair of boots at 50% off. Amazing shopping day!
  • I got quite a few maternity tops and a couple bottoms. I found a top and a dress at old navy for $1.79! Then I couldn't resist and got an outfit for the baby. I work on the weekends at Oshkosh (which is going to be so dangerous once I know the sex) and they had a big 60% off sale and then my employee discount on top.

So I got the cutest dress with a jean jacket in case it's a girl and a pair of khakis with suspenders if it's a boy. The dress was $38 originally, jacket $40 and pants $34. I got all of it for $35 so I couldn't pass it up. Love Black Friday!
  • Soooo much that I totally didn't plan on buying today!  I got 10 gender neutral outfits for our Lil Sprout, our Graco travel system stroller/infant car seat & base was $100 off at Babies R Us and too good of a deal to pass up, a hamper & matching bin for the nursery from Target, the Levana Astra video monitor on sale on Amazon for $121, and maternity clothes from both Kohls (all with a gift card!) and Pink Blush Maternity.  Today was an unplanned success!

A girl after my own heart!!

cat fail animated GIF

• I went to Kohls to get more maternity clothes and they got rid of their maternity section over a year ago. So I went to my regular department and just bought bigger. I got 8 shirts and a watch for $50. Now I have clothes to wear to work :)
  • Our crib for $80 off, video monitor for half off and some necessities from diapers.com - all were 30% off.
  • I got some dog Christmas sweaters half off at petsmart. Plus all there Christmas toys lol
  • @valerie4786 and @yogahh I had never heard of Pink Blush Maternity. Now I may be in trouble!
  • @michellabanana me toooooo! Didn't do any baby related shopping but spent a TON on the fur babies! Kong toys 50%- heck yes. Also, loaded up at the Petco treat bar since they were all 50% off as well.
  • mrstmoose said:
    @valerie4786 and @yogahh I had never heard of Pink Blush Maternity. Now I may be in trouble!
    Its on Zulilly...I haven't bought any thing from that brand yet but I agree.. its all super adorable

cat fail animated GIF

• I wasn't planning on shopping but I ended up spending quite a bit, bought maternity shirts, sweaters and jeans from Old Navy with their 50% off sale and the graco travel system we've been eyeing and a pack and play both on sale from kohl's where we earned $135 in Kohl's cash, where we'll probably buy baby swing with next week.

I'm not anticipating getting anything but clothes and bath supplies at the shower so I'm excited we got to save some money!
  • No baby or maternity related shopping. I got a Roku, pjs for DD, and some sheets for our bed. And a laminator. Really didn't plan on that one but have always wanted one. Nothing overly fun. Probably shouldn't have even purchased that much. We are bleeding money at the moment. Fixing up a house to sell and in the middle of stuff, my van's battery died. Do you have any idea how expensive batteries are now?!?!? I can buy either a battery or stuff for the house but not both. *sigh* I hate living on such a tight budget.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited November 2015
    I just don't really get into the whole Black Friday shopping thing that much.  Our main purchase was 20 total 18 gallon storage containers for 3 dollars each.  I got ten and then DH went by after work and got 10.    Oh and I got a cup of coffee from Starbucks.  That was pretty much it other than a few grocery items.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • The only shopping DH and I did was for a new Christmas tree and we got some DVDs and Blu Rays on sale. I don't think we will buy much of anything for baby until we make our registry. I didn't even think to try and shop maternity clothes! I still fit into all my normal clothes, but I will eventually need some. It sounds like you guys have better Kohls than we do, the maternity sections in the ones I've been in suck!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I scored a bunch of maternity clothes from Kohls online last night thanks to you ladies! :wink: I am usually weary of buying clothes online, but there's a kohls 5 mins from me if it doesn't work out. So excited for pants that fit!!! Woo!
  • Maternity leggings for 12 bucks from
    Kohls ! Stoked for some leggings that will actually fit right !!!
  • The hubs and I purchased two car seats for a spectacular price! We also went to the outlets and shopped for baby clothes that were a steal!