January 2016 Moms

35 weeks. Loss of appetite

I'm 35 weeks and experiencing a big appetite change. No foods appeal to me anymore and I never really have a hunger. Anyone else going through this?

Re: 35 weeks. Loss of appetite

• I experienced something very similar with my first. I'm pretty short, 5'1'', and I think baby was just taking up so much room by that point my stomach was tiny! I ate really small items over the course of the day. She dropped around 38 weeks and I noticed an increase in my appetite. As always if it persists or seems off call your doc!
  • I've had aversions again in the third trimester. Weird ones like white meat chicken. Sometimes all meat, but that's usually just for a day. I also haven't been able to eat much at a time for a few weeks now. I'm 34+3 now and petite so baby is probably squishing my stomach. With my twins I had trouble eating much at a time too, for a long time, and I was worried about gaining as much weight as possible so they'd get enough growth and nutrients so I grazed constantly, even when I really didn't want anymore food. This time, with just one, I'm not worried so I eat when I'm hungry and just try to remember to have snacks around and next to my bed. I also make sure the foods I do eat are very nutritious. If I'm eating less I want to make what I do eat count.

If you are worried you're not eating enough, snack a lot between meals and choose nutrient rich foods. Otherwise don't sweat it. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm only 30 and 4 days but I've had a reduction in appetite since starting the third trimester.  I just get bloated really easily and baby is taking up more and more room, so I can't eat as much and I don't really have a huge desire to anyway.  My OB isn't concerned, as long as I'm taking my prenatals and eating what I can.  I try to get as much protein as possible at breakfast and lunch because I'm never in the mood for dinner lately.  
  • I'm 32 weeks and been having similar feelings. Working has made it hard for me to snack through out the day so when I eat I have a hard time Bc I can't fit much in and it's like I'm forcing myself to eat Bc I know I need too. A huge part for me and my appetite loss has been stress though. That could be a factor as well for you. Even simply being stressed about not having an appetite could be making it worse (isn't it awesome how our bodies respond to things sometimes!
  • I've started vomiting again unfortunatly, I think- similar to the appetite loss it's just cos there's no room in there now so if I eat too much in one sitting I can say good bye to it.....
  • Hi I am 34wks not feeling any cravings or hunger from beginning and just eating my regular diet.
  • I am definitely experiencing this, I'm 33 weeks today and probably have been feeling this way since 29/30 weeks. I have no appetite, nothing apeals to me and I'm never really hungry either. But when I do eat, I get really full really quick.

Also, I'm always hot! Like burning up hot, all the time.. Anyone else? I know I read on here that it's cause of the metabolic rate, but anyone else experiencing it?!
  • I'm always sweating!!!!!!! @maeg66
  • Yes on always being hot!!! And I think that mixed with the lack of room in there both contribute to my drop in appetite. I feel SO thirsty but never super hungry anymore like I was.
  • My husband left at 5 this morning to go climb a mountain and turned the heat up. I'm assuming it was a sweet thought so I wouldn't wake up cold. So I feel bad for the scolding text I sent him at 5:30 when I was still half asleep and had hot dry air blowing on my face. But God forbid it's ever too cold either. Im nearly 8 months pregnant and require the perfect ambient temperature at all times.
  • maeg66 said:
    I am definitely experiencing this, I'm 33 weeks today and probably have been feeling this way since 29/30 weeks. I have no appetite, nothing apeals to me and I'm never really hungry either. But when I do eat, I get really full really quick. Also, I'm always hot! Like burning up hot, all the time.. Anyone else? I know I read on here that it's cause of the metabolic rate, but anyone else experiencing it?!
    Oh lordy, I'm hot and sweaty all the time. There are times my pregnancy brain just enjoys the thought of walking around my house naked all the time but we just moved and I don't want to scare the neighbors that badly... yet.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @maeg66 - all of what you said!!! I ate two cheesey breadsticks today and like three buss of pizza. Usually I eat much healthier but I am moving and have packed EVERYTHING and so delivery it is for the next day and a half ;).

I am just NOT HUNGRY. When I do eat it's a little bit at a time and I feel like I just ate a huge meal. I am also 33 weeks. I have been feeling nauseated for the past two weeks and I didn't have morning sickness once during this entire pregnancy (FTM).

I am also hot all of the time. Like burning up! I don't wish for my baby to come early, but these next six/seven weeks can't go by quick enough.

I think that being petite might have something to do with it? I am 5'4 and usually a size two. I have gained 35 pounds and it seems mostly boobs and baby! The baby is measuring over four pounds now and is taking up a lot of room.

With ALL of this being said, I can't wait to meet my little boy :)!!!! It's hard to believe that he will be born soon!
  • BabyBoyH2016BabyBoyH2016 member
    edited November 2015
    see above

• Yesss. I'm 33 weeks today and haven't been able to eat a full meal in about a week. Even thanksgiving, which I was super excited about, I had a couple pieces of turkey and a little mashed potatoes. I'll get hungry, make a sandwhich or something, take 2 bites and I'm done. And I'm constantly having heartburn, no matter what I eat. At first there were certain foods that caused it, but now it's everything. Just hope baby is getting everything he needs!

@maeg66 definitely hot and sweaty at all times lol. You're not alone!