October 2015 Moms
Options

Routine

Hello
Just wondering what people's bedtime routines are, how old were your LO when you started a routine. I have a 5 week old and she in no routine what so ever yet (I'm formula feeding by the way) I don't want to force a routine onto her but is their anything I can be doing to move her towards this?
Thanks!

Re: Routine

• Options
    My LO is 9 weeks and I started a routine last week. Ours is bath time , lotion , pjs, then a 6oz bottle, rock him for about 30 min then upstairs in the cradle. I start this around 745-8pm and he is upstairs around 830 ish
  • Options
    I keep seeing bath time as part of the bed time routine- are many of you bathing baby nightly? I've read they don't need nightly bath (not getting that dirty, dries out their skin, etc.). I've only been bathing baby twice a week at this point unless he has a particularly messy diaper to warrant a bath sooner. ( 4 weeks old)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ours is put on pajamas, eat, he's swaddled, rocked to sleep, and put in crib with white noise on. Three weeks old
  • Options
    We do a bath every other night. Usually around 7. Around 8-830 we turn the lights low and sound low on the TV and try not to get dd too excited. She will usually breastfeed one more time before bed. Most of time she takes a while to fall asleep. A little of walking around with her or rocking if she let's us. Eventually I'd like to add reading her a book to the routine. She is 7 weeks and we've been doing this loosely since she was born to get her used to doing the same thing every night.
  • Options
    kassyfry said:

Ours is put on pajamas, eat, he's swaddled, rocked to sleep, and put in crib with white noise on. Three weeks old

Exactly this! Same age.
  • Options

kassyfry said:

Exactly this! Same age.
    Popular routine, this is also ours, once we start bathing regularly we'll add that in too at the beginning. 3 weeks also!
  • Options
    @bellie1223 and @cdepperschmidt with your three week olds, how often are you waking up to feed at night? I breastfeed and he isn't a consistent eater at all. We range from
    every hour on the hour at night to four hours.

And once you have rocked them to sleep and put them in their cribs do they ever wake up again? Sometimes I have to pick him back up and rock him to sleep again because I think he is startling himself awake.
  • Options
    @kassyfry my LO wakes up at least every 2 hours on his own at night. Hes pretty consistent at night, but daytime is all over the place.

Also, my LO will wake up I put him down sometimes. Usually it's because he still needs to burp more or fell asleep nursing and is still hungry. Except, in the 6 o'clock hour he seems to wake back up because he wants attention. I make DH take him then because he's slept all night and he's a morning person. Then I go back to sleep for two more hours.
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt It seems like your little one and mine are on identical schedules and have similar routines. My guy also likes to wake up for an hour each morning from 5-6am! Thanks for giving me confidence that we aren't the only ones with this kind of schedule/routine! Makes me feel better about how we have been doing things so far
  • Options
    Our bedtime routine is the same as the one above. I usually bathe him in the morning when he needed a bath. I feel like it wakes him up. He also spits up and it doesn't seem to both him, so he sometimes spits up and we don't even wake up, so it's all dried in his hair. I like to get him cleaned and changed to start the day.