January 2016 Moms

Mucus plug time frame help!

kelseyg002kelseyg002 member
edited November 2015 in January 2016 Moms
Hi i am a STM and when I lost my mucus plug I went into labor the next day the first time around. I know every pregnancy is different but I believe I lost it last week, or at least part of it. I am now 33 w 5 d and I believe I lost more. I do have discharge but this is the thick glob that is yellowish and stringy, like snot. I an just worried of how early it is and if it really does sound like the real thing and could it just be in parts. I did call the doctors office and they pretty much acted like they didn't believe me and just said to go to L&D if I felt like I was going through labor (duh). Well after today I just feel blah with no energy and my back is so achy. Am I just being paranoid now that it is getting closer?

Best Answer

Answers

• You can lose your mucus plug in pieces. Sometimes it comes out whole sometimes in pieces. You technically could go at any time, but it depends on all the variables. You can go into labor and not lose your mucus plug so that's why they didn't get excited over it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been loosing bits of mine for just under a month- sometimes a lot, and sometimes a little. I don't nessisarily think it means you are going into labour- or I would have by now. I think from what I understand, it can actually regenerate.
  • ashhsa said:

I've been loosing bits of mine for just under a month- sometimes a lot, and sometimes a little. I don't nessisarily think it means you are going into labour- or I would have by now. I think from what I understand, it can actually regenerate.

Yes it can totally regenerate!
  • ashhsa said:

I've been loosing bits of mine for just under a month- sometimes a lot, and sometimes a little. I don't nessisarily think it means you are going into labour- or I would have by now. I think from what I understand, it can actually regenerate.

When did you first start losing yours?

I'm so glad this was posted. I believe I lost part of mine at 31 w 2 d and I was fine about it until husband's aunt basically told me I was going to go into preterm labor before the weekend and that I should be rushed to the ER immediately and that my baby would die because his lungs are undeveloped...
  • You could have an infection. I had a bloody show a couple of weeks back at 29 weeks - turned bout it wasn't a bloody show after all (although this is my 4th baby and it certainly looked like it has in my previous pregnancies). Anyway turned out I had Bacterial vaginosis which is a common infection caused by an innocent imbalance of bacterial in the vagina. I would call you midwife and get seen as if not treated with antibiotics it can cause Preterm labour. They will need to give you antibiotics if you have an infection. I didn't have any other BV symptoms just the discharge. Good luck.