Infertility
Options

"Add Back" Clomid?

Hey ladies!

I'm wondering if any of you have had experience with your RE perscribing  you a higher dose of clomid, within the same cycle, to give  you an even bigger boost to mature your follicles? 

I went in for my follicle check Friday, and my biggest one was only 7mm ::womp womp::. So the nurse, not the RE, gave me a scrip for 150mg of clomid a day for five days, that I'll finish up tomorrow. I go back Friday to see if it did anything.

I've not heard of this treatment plan before, and since the RE wasn't there to guide us, we just trusted his office staff (the nurse practitioner that sees us 90% of the time.).

Thanks in advance!
Me: 24 Him: 28
Married & TTC # 1 for 3 years
DX: Non-clinical PCOS/anovulatory
Provera+Clomid+Trigger+IUI- 11/2015

Re: "Add Back" Clomid?

• Options
    This happened to me this past IUI cycle (#3). I started on 50mg and my follicle growth stalled and then went right onto 100mg. If that hadn't worked, they were going to up it to 150mg. Thankfully once they upped it, things started moving. I ended up triggering on CD29, so it was a loooooong cycle.
  • Options
    What CD are you on now? Any success with it or are you in your 2ww @mtpohmer

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had the IUI on 11/02 so my TWW was completed on 11/16. It was a positive but a chemical pregnancy. Beta was raising, but not "appropriately" and AF paid a visit over the weekend. Went today for blood work and levels are continuing to raise just slightly but now just have to wait for my levels to go back to normal.

Going back on the higher dose of clomid during the cycle definitely increased the side effects for me. My poor DH. I was terrified if they had to put me on 150mg after the other two doses for his sake!

• Options
    Yeah, the side effects were awful during the 150mg five days...I go in the morning to check and see if the 7mm grew! I'm a nervous wreck and hope it's at a 18-20! Sorry for a bust cycle, fx for your next round!! <3 

• Options
    FX that the 7mm grew! Keep us updated!
  • Options
    @purplepeony31 I am going in this morning to see if mine are at 18-20 too! My first check they were 7mm, then 11mm and now we've upped my follistim. Today is CD16 so I hope we are finally there.

FX for you!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 -