May 2016 Moms

**Weekly Appointment Check-In 11/23-11/29**

Sorry I'm a little late on this...forgot it was Monday!

Hope everyone has great appointment this week! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

How far along are you?

How did your appointment go overall?

Any ultrasound or doppler?

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Was there anything you wanted to bring up but forgot?

Re: **Weekly Appointment Check-In 11/23-11/29**

• How far along are you?
    14+5

It went well! This is the first appointment that I haven't lost weight and I wasn't really dehydrated so my Dr is letting me go 3 weeks between appointments instead of 2! Woohoo!

Doppler. I love how the baby moves around as the Dr is trying to find the heartbeat :smile:

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Was there anything you wanted to bring up but forgot?

No questions this time. I did get to schedule my anatomy scan for December 14th and I am equally excited and anxious!
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks 4 days

How did your appointment go overall? Great! No concerns. I haven't gained any weight and I was feeling better after being sick all last weekend.

Any ultrasound or Doppler? Doppler :) HB was 145

Questions? I asked about getting my anatomy scan before New Year's and it's a go for 12/28! I forgot to ask about getting a massage, but then I did it anyway. The massage was today just a couple hours ago and it was AMAZING. My muscles were so tight that when the lady first started rubbing, my muscles started twitching under her fingers. It was weird, but amazing, haha.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 16w

How did your appointment go overall? (Yesterday) It was ok. My BP was pretty high and I had to lay on my left side for awhile. Also put on antibiotics for some kind of infection (he told me, but I honestly stopped listening once my BP was high...it freaks me out when it's high). Also had my 1 hour glucose screen. Fingers crossed I passed!, but I never pass that thing so I'll likely be headed to the 3 hr soon, which I've never failed lol plus I scheduled my anatomy scan :)

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler. HB 157 :)

Questions? This is my 3rd go at this, so I don't have too many questions anymore. I've always had my questions answered well there which makes me happy.
  • 13w 2d

Today is our scan to measure nuchal crest,etc. Although Im young (28), Im super nervous. It will be DHs first ultrasound, so Im excited for that for him. If all goes well, we tell close family this week :-) I know were supposed to post after the appointment but Im so nervous I had to get it out SOMEWHERE!
  • How far along are you? 15w 3d

How did your appointment go overall? Great. Was really quick. Didn't really have to do very much. Just went over a few things and checked on baby.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler to check on heartbeat which we got to hear again today. I have to go to an outside imaging center for my anatomy scan so I got the prescription sheet for that today... Just have to make the appointment which can be any time starting 12/22.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Was there anything you wanted to bring up but forgot? We just went over the rhogam shot which I knew we would have to go over. DH is going to get his blood tested and get it officially typed so that if its negative I won't actually have to get it.
  • 16wks 6 days! Baby girl is doing great. I'm still on bedrest for the next four weeks due to my hematoma but it's getting smaller, so good news! Hoping to be free by Christmas. We're going to announce next week. Getting harder to hide it.
  • How far along are you? 14w6d

How did your appointment go overall? It was good.  Very fast.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler.  HB 150 with a wiggly baby!

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Was there anything you wanted to bring up but forgot?  I tend to not have a ton of questions at this point.  I'm having an early A/S due to complications last pregnancy, so I scheduled that on 12/15.  I can't wait!  I've been feeling better and better about this pregnancy, but I will be so relieved to have a normal A/S.
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• How far along are you? 14+1

How did your appointment go overall? Great! Baby's doing well.  After losing 6 pounds over a month ago, I've started to gain it back (2 lbs so far).  All my blood work is good, sugar test good, results from 1st trimester screen were good.  So relieved, cause we didn't get this far last pregnancy, but I know this baby is my rainbow :)

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler, baby's heart rate was 156-159 (he/she's a wiggler).

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Was there anything you wanted to bring up but forgot? Yes she did, I LOVE my OB. Of course there were things I forgot (stupid pregnancy brain).  Just wanted to make sure I can take Emergen-C.  But I called and got the okay.
  • How far along are you? I went on Monday and was 13 weeks and 2 days

How did your appointment go overall? Everything went well, it was a quick check in. We got a print out of every appointment from now until our due date and actually one past that in case the baby is late. It's so nice having it all planed out already. Our anatomy scan is January 7 and it can't come soon enough!

Any ultrasound or doppler? We heard the heartbeat with the Doppler for the first time! It was so amazing to get to hear our little one. My doctor then moved it so we could hear the difference between my heartbeat and the babies which was pretty cool.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Was there anything you wanted to bring up but forgot? My doctor answered the few questions we had, mainly about some pain I've been having which she is thinking is round ligament pain
  • How far along are you? 13w4d

At my appt. last week they did a big blood draw. I  got called this morning that I am anemic and have to take iron for the rest of the pregnancy. Also they mentioned I need a chicken pox booster shot. I believe I had chicken pox as a kid. Has anyone been told they need the booster shot?
  • far along are you? 17 weeks Thursday

Very well-- super long wait this time, but baby and I are still healthy.
    Doppler. He found the hb in less than two seconds, it was incredibly quick.
    He answered my questions and I got my script for the anatomy scan. I was the last appointment of the day, so I'll need to call tomorrow to schedule it. The script says anatomy scan 14+ weeks, complete by 12/25. I'm hoping that means they'll let me get it any time now rather than needing to wait until 20 weeks. I didn't notice the wording until the doctor was already gone, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
  • How far along are you? 13w4d

At my appt. last week they did a big blood draw. I  got called this morning that I am anemic and have to take iron for the rest of the pregnancy. Also they mentioned I need a chicken pox booster shot. I believe I had chicken pox as a kid. Has anyone been told they need the booster shot?
    That hasn't been mentioned to me at all. Did they possibly test for immunity of it in your blood tests and it came back that you were not immune or something? I know there were a few things in my tests they checked for but thankfully I still had immunity. It seems kinda weird though regardless if you had it as a kid unless it was a really mild case.
  • @dsmith211 Thanks! I don't remember having chicken pox, just know my mom has told me that I did have it. I will have to get more info from her. 
  • I was 16w4days at my appointment, and the doctor came into the room after we sat in there for 45 minutes :/ He proceeded to ask how I was, pull out the doppler and check the heartbeat, then tell me about vaccinations I should get. The entire appointment lasted about 5 minutes, and he was definitely rushing. I had to actually ask him to tell me what the heartbeat was, and it happened so quickly my husband wasn't even sure what we were hearing. Ugh --  I've liked the other doctors at this place so far, but that was a bit of a downer.

Anyone have experiences like this? Maybe I'm expecting too much, and it's good that all was healthy and it was a quick check.

At any rate, I'm thankful that our little man is doing well, and I have my next appt. and ultrasound scheduled for right after Christmas :) 
  • I went to the doctor on Tuesday. At the time I was 13 wks & 3 days. I had a sono. HB was 150. My baby is doing great! I will find out what I'm having the Tuesday before Christmas!