November 2015 Moms

Comprehensive Relactation Schedule

Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive Relactation schedule?

I'm looking to start breastfeeding again after bottle feeding, and really desire a very detailed schedule to get this going. Good example would be something at least like this:

6AM: Pump both breasts for 15 minutes
6:30AM: Drink 8oz of water and eat something with oats in it
7AM: skin to skin with baby
8AM: Feed daughter expressed milk with syringe on nipple. When finished, supplement with formula.

I don't really know what I'm doing, but having a set schedule like that would really help me and give me some sort of hope. I wish I never had to stop breastfeeding her, but such is life...

Also, please don't just recommend that I speak to a lactation consultant. I have tried speaking with 3 already and none of them have anything like this. Kind of grasping at straws here.

Re: Comprehensive Relactation Schedule

• I honestly don't think you are going to find a schedule like that. When BF it is best to listen to baby, not a schedule. Babies will eat more often some days then the next day sleep for 4 hour staight, which is why you cannot have a detailed schedule.
    You could draft a list of rules if that would help, like if baby nurses for less than 10-15 minutes offer a bottle to supplement. When DD was supplimenting, I had a routine each time she ate (warm expressed milk, nurse with tube at breast with skin to skin, keep baby awake until she nurses for at least 10 minutes, pump for 15 mins or until I got 30ml which ever came first, drink a bottle of water while pumping and a snack if needed, wash pump pieces, if baby nursed for less that 15 minutes set alarm for 2 hours to feed again).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker