May 2016 Moms
Options

I fail at life. NBR

I'm supposed to be bringing dessert to my parents for Thanksgiving, so I thought I'd make some of those cute mini cheesecakes. I mixed them up this morning and they turned out awful. I used a recipe that included butter and they're just an oily mess. #FAIL

Then I moved on to an apple pecan cream cheese bundt cake that sounded super good. Followed directions to a T, put it in the oven and was feeling really good about it. Until I remembered I forgot to put the baking soda in it. #FAIL

I give up. My pregnancy brain is too much and I can't bake. The end. Happy Thanksgiving ladies!
Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: I fail at life. NBR

• Options
    Costco! They have amazing pies and cakes. Or just pick something up from the store, put it on one of your plates, and call it good. Problem solved. 
  • Options
    Mrs. Smith will solve all your problems!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gorgeousarielgorgeousariel member
    edited November 2015
    Sorry yours didn't turn out.  We are making 2 pink layered cakes tonight. I really hope they turn out good because thats how we are announcing that we are having a girl. Only ILs know about the pregnancy so it will be Surprise! I'm pregnant! before dinner and Surprise! it a girl for dessert. I have high expectations for these cakes. Luckily, I have H helping me bake so I don't mess this up. 

eta: It did not end up like I thought. I planned on two 2-layer cakes but I got one 3-layer cake that has pink crumbs on the outside- so it gives it away. Now it is just a strawberry cake lol. 
  • Options
    Cheesecake Factory! You could pick one up there last minute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm getting ready to try making a pecan pie for the first time and I'm reading the recipe 50 times. I know that pregnancy brain will kick in and I will completely screw it up!
  • Options
    Following the directions to a T will get you in trouble every time. ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    This is why I flat out told my family no dessert from me this year. It's usually one of the kids jobs and I'm notoriously bad without being pregnant. I can only imagine trying to bake while I am pregnant. I'm so scatterbrained lately. DH barely lets me near the stove. Lol.
  • Options
    My bundt cake looks good, so we'll see once we cut into it tomorrow! I guess I could have forgotten something really important to taste like the sugar hehe. I made a glaze to go on it that turned out well. Luckily my Betty Crocker of a sister is already making pies if it turns out to be inedible!
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @finnybooboo maybe it will be more like pound cake since there's no baking soda. It may not be a fail!
  • Options
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I've been cooking/baking for 5 hours and my feet and back are killing me. So bad that I feel like I'm half assing everything. I ruined 2 batches of deviled eggs. I gave up and had to have my mom do them. I hate that my body is getting so fatigued!!!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    I threw a frozen pie in the oven and whipped up some cookies using a dry mix package. Just do the same. No one will be the wiser

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I feel your pain!  I attempted to make pumpkin pie last week b/c my DH had been begging me for one.  I was doubling the recipe.  It said to take and separate the eggs and put the yolks into the mixture and then take the eggwhites and beat them stiffly.  I'm not sure what that meant exactly so I took my handheld mixture and mixed it until it looked like what is on top of a meringue pie. It said to fold the egg whites into the mixture.  i did that.  I poured my mixture into the pie shells.  The pie rose!  Pumpkin pie is not supposed to rise!  Then about thirty minutes after it came out of the oven it fell back down.  But then it had this super weird fluffy airy texture. We named it pumpkin fluff.  DH said it tasted good, but the texture was way off. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    I burnt my pumpkin bread today... I don't think I've ever burnt anything before. Maybe I'll mush it up into a bread pudding? Idk I feel your pain though
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    I'm supposed to make a pecan pie and an appetizer for today but have completely spaced out on going to the store until last night, I'm guessing this is what pregnancy brain is haha. Well I went out to dinner last night with friends and was feeling sick on my way home so drove right by the grocery store because I just wanted to get home. Now my fingers are crossed that there's some grocery store open today
  • Options
    babyg&mebabyg&me member
    edited November 2015
    Here's to hoping your cake turns out great :) If you used all purpose flour you should be fine b/c the way my grandma explains it all purpose flour has baking soda/baking powder already in it! I'm at my Mom's & she didn't inherit the cooking gene or I'd check her flour label to be sure. I've skipped out on the soda/powder plenty of times using all purpose & it's always been fine :) If you don't mind, keep us posted how it turned out as I love putting my grandma to the test. She is 86 & the best cook I've ever met...Pleople try & tell me that I'm the best then I take them to her house & they take back everything they've said about me :) I'll be 2nd to her any day but she's the only one

OMGosh! Blame my pregnant brain! I meant to say self rising flour! Duh!

Edit: Duh! Pregnant brain!
  • Options
    babyg&me said:
    Here's to hoping your cake turns out great :) If you used all purpose flour you should be fine b/c the way my grandma explains it all purpose flour has baking soda/baking powder already in it! I
    All-purpose flour does not have baking soda in it. Self-rising flour does. AP flour is just straight up white flour. Nothing special but can be used in so many different ways, hence, all purpose.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    So was your bunt cake a success?