Breastfeeding
Options

Which pump is best??

I can get a free pump thru my insurance but I'm not sure what really works the best, suggestions on these pumps please!!??

Medala Pump in Style Starter Set
Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Pump
Evenflo Deluxe Double
Spectra S2

Thanks!!

Re: Which pump is best??

• Options
    I have a Medela PISA and like it. I heard some people complaining the Ameda makes a beeping noise so if you're going to be pumping at work that can be a major con.
  • Options
    I have an ameda. I like it mostly because its small. It does make a weird noise sometimes though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the ameda through my insurance and was having trouble with it after a month or two. It was losing its strength. When we switched to my husbands insurance I was able to get another pump (shhh!) and opted for the medela and it's a lot stronger. My advice is to go with the Medela! :smile:
  • Options
    I love my Spectra!  I had a Medela PISA with my first and it was ok, but the Spectra blows it out of the water.  It is harder to find accessories though.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Options
    I suggest the Medela PIS starter set. Do not pay extra to upgrade.   Buy your own bag, I like the Sarah Wells pump bag on Amazon.  For extra parts, try Maymom parts, they are interchangeable and sometimes even better than the original Medela parts.  
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Onward said:
    I love my Spectra!  I had a Medela PISA with my first and it was ok, but the Spectra blows it out of the water.  It is harder to find accessories though.
    I am considering the battery powered Spectra pump.  Is the is one you have, and if so, is it strong enough as compared to the PISA? 
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I also have and love the Spectra S2. It's stronger and yet gentler than the PISA, and I found it much better than even the hospital-grade Medela Symphony. Spectra increased the amount of milk I pump and decreased the amount of time I need.
  • Options
    I have the medela, and I love it! I've found it easy to use and care for. It's also easy to find replacement parts-if you need them or want to have spares around.
  • Options
    meganraschkemeganraschke member
    edited December 2015

Onward said:

I am considering the battery powered Spectra pump.  Is the is one you have, and if so, is it strong enough as compared to the PISA? 
    I have a Spectra S1 (the battery operated one) and a medela PISA. I can get twice the milk from the medela that I get from the spectra. So the spectra is now sitting in my closet being useless. I guess everyone is different though since pp likes her spectra more. I definitely notice that the suction isn't as strong with the spectra

Edited: quote box fail
  • Options
    Onward said:
    I have a Spectra S1 (the battery operated one) and a medela PISA. I can get twice the milk from the medela that I get from the spectra. So the spectra is now sitting in my closet being useless. I guess everyone is different though since pp likes her spectra more. I definitely notice that the suction isn't as strong with the spectra Edited: quote box fail
    I am not sure, I have the plug only model.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Options
    Thx for the insight. I have been undecided on which to get that goes with the kiinde accessories.