November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• @MercyC1130 my NST also got moved to L&D today. They made it sound like that was the only thing being done while there, I'll update later on how my "day of tests" goes.
  • AW - The "drop watch" is really killing me at this point. Please everyone, I know I haven't dropped and you telling me everytime you see me isn't helping. I'm just going to keep walking..... :)
    I'm in early labor and walking around right now and a friend saw me on the street and commented that I didn't drop; baby is at -1 so she is indeed low. People are clueless. :)

That makes me feel a lot better - I was starting to psych myself out a bit
  • Loading the player...
  • Just curious if anyone has experienced tailbone pressure recently? This started last night before we went to bed, thinking I just had to make a bm, took care of that ( sorry tmi ) and then we went to bed. I woke up to use the bathroom and the pressure is there accompanied by a few contractions. I'm a little worried it's a sign of back labor?? Any experiences?

We have an appointment today so I plan on asking the Doctor then but would love to here some similar stories/experiences in the meantime!

I'm sorry I don't have any real great stories or advice but the past week I feel like my tailbone has been dislocated, especially when I toss and turn at night it feels super weird and cracks out of place- this accompanied with my pelvis doing the same thing. Hope you get some answers :) everytime I tell my doctor about something weird happening to me, he says yeah sometimes that happens and there's no reason.
  • My original EDD was the 30th as well and it got "moved up" to the 23rd. Well guess whose still pregnant? Meh. I know a lot of women go over, and my "over" isnt technically even "over" because i think the original EDD was more accurate. I feel so trapped.
  • Well I went for an AFI this morning and the fluid levels were low so I was sent straight to the hospital for my NST. Before that could even be started the OB on call said its best to start the induction now. So, because my cervix is still only at 1 cm I'm admitted and started on Cervidil today and will start Pitocin tomorrow. Looks like we will have a turkey day baby! Fingers crossed my body can do this vaginaly and I don't need a c-section!
  • My midwife isn't concerned. She said if I went in for a biophysical, the OB would just call her and say "I'm concerned about baby's size, are you?" And she said she would say no. So I scheduled my biophysical for the first week of December. That way I'll probably be able to cancel it! :wink:

I trust my midwife completely. I have had a very easy low risk pregnancy, and baby is doing great. He's even in the optimal birth position. I'm confident I won't need to be induced. My midwife has never seen it happen in any of her patients.

Just gotta hold out a little longer!
  • Had an NST/BPP today simply because I'm 6 days overdue, and everything looked great! Which is a relief. It also showed that I have been having contractions. Super mild and I actually didn't really notice them, but it is such a good feeling to know my body is actually doing SOMETHING even if it feels like I am stuck in this limbo with nothing going on even after my sweep yesterday. Hoping that she decides to make her big appearance soon!!!
  • @alpineevents the night before I went into labor I had back and tailbone pain and felt like I had to do a bowel movement but couldn't. It turned into back labor from him being sunny side up! Good luck!
  • Is anyone else obsessing about fetal movement? I keep pysching myself out about everything.. Gonna chug some more water and lay on my side. Glad I have nst tomorrow. So unnecessarily a nervous wreck.
  • Is anyone else obsessing about fetal movement? I keep pysching myself out about everything.. Gonna chug some more water and lay on my side. Glad I have nst tomorrow. So unnecessarily a nervous wreck.

Totally obsessing about fetal movement. Probably the most frustrating part for me (sure, everyone's uncomfortable at the end of pregnancy, but this has been the most obnoxious part personally.)

However, it's not unfounded. I asked my doctor about fetal movement today and she said if I ever feel a decrease for a period of time "run don't walk" to the hospital or to her office if it's during the day. She said before getting concerned, have something to eat, make sure you have an empty bladder, lay on left side and drink/eat something sweet to try to feel movement.
  • I hate even posting this because I know so many people struggle with BF but I need advice...I'm pumping 12oz each session and I'm getting overwhelmed! Dr said just start pumping less often but I'm making so much it just runs everywhere and it's really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips to slowing it down without making it stop?
  • 40+3 today with no signs. I'm going to go ahead and put my hopes in this full moon since that's really all that's going on.
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I hate even posting this because I know so many people struggle with BF but I need advice...I'm pumping 12oz each session and I'm getting overwhelmed! Dr said just start pumping less often but I'm making so much it just runs everywhere and it's really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips to slowing it down without making it stop?

Listen to your doctor. The more you pump/feed the more you will produce. You will be uncomfortable for a few days but it will regulate. Try cold cabbage leaves or frozen peas to help with the discomfort.

How many letdowns are you getting with each session? Maybe stop after the first one? When I pumped at work last time I usually pumped through 2 letdowns and got between 3 and 4 ounces a side.

Or spread out your pumping times. Go longer between them. That should signal your body that you don't need as much milk.
    12 ounces is amazing!! Good job! But that is a lot.
    Just keep an eye on clogged ducts and mastitis with a big supply like that as you stop emptying them all the way at first. They should catch up on a few days.
  • ewhitledgeewhitledge member
    edited November 2015
    I'll try the cabbage leaves and see if it helps. I did listen to her, only pumped twice today just thought I'd see if anyone had something that would help in the short term while I get regulated. Thanks for the suggestion!

ETA: thanks @Pontot31 I was worried about clogged ducts too. I'll work on the letdown suggestion. I tried stopping at 3oz each side earlier but they're so engorged it's tough.
  • I'm 40 weeks 2 days today and have had this on and off for about 3 weeks .... one great day then a bad one ... our bodies are going through a he'll of a lot right now. I'm just taking those bad days as a sign to relax... it will be over soon enough! Hang in there momma!!!

I'm not breastfeeding yet as I'm still waiting for my LO, but I have heard it helps to not pump until you feel empty. If you need to drop a session as your doctor suggested, pump or hand express for just a minute to make yourself comfortable. As time goes on you can hand express less and less and your body should start to regulate.
  • Ugh, 40w2d over here and I feel absolutely terrible. I just want to throw a pity party. I'm so ready to meet LO and my body hurts everywhere! Induction scheduled for Monday but that feels so far away :( hoping how I feel is a sign she might come tonight.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh, 40w2d over here and I feel absolutely terrible. I just want to throw a pity party. I'm so ready to meet LO and my body hurts everywhere! Induction scheduled for Monday but that feels so far away :( hoping how I feel is a sign she might come tonight.

Me too, I'm scheduled to be induced Monday night. She's moving like crazy but she won't seem to drop! So frustrating.

Am I the only one that wasn't scheduled for an NST or biophysical? I'm a day overdue but my doctor has only mentioned induction of the baby doesn't come by Monday.

• So just started getting some severe hip pain and when I went to the bathroom saw bloody show! I don't want to get my hopes up but really hoping this is a sign
  • sadyy131 said:

So just started getting some severe hip pain and when I went to the bathroom saw bloody show! I don't want to get my hopes up but really hoping this is a sign

I started to lose my MP on Saturday. It's Wednesday and I'm still pregnant lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Due on Monday and today my body decided "oh we gotta give her a stretch mark before it's over."
    :neutral:
    WOW AM I OVER THIS
  • sadyy131 said:

So just started getting some severe hip pain and when I went to the bathroom saw bloody show! I don't want to get my hopes up but really hoping this is a sign

I started to lose my MP on Saturday. It's Wednesday and I'm still pregnant lol

Ugh :neutral:
  • I went to see my OB yesterday. I was hoping to get a membrane sweep but he could do it since I wasn't dilated at all. I am 40+4 but based on my LMP I'm 41+ 3.. I was bumbed cause I feel I should have progressed even just a little.. Induction is scheduled for Sunday evening if no high risk pregnancy bumbs me to Monday.. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping and praying LO shows up on his own before induction. I have a lot of back pain, so I feel he's sunny side up.. Plus if I get pitocin as well as his position, I may have to throw out my plans of not using epidural
  • sadyy131 said:

Ugh, 40w2d over here and I feel absolutely terrible. I just want to throw a pity party. I'm so ready to meet LO and my body hurts everywhere! Induction scheduled for Monday but that feels so far away :( hoping how I feel is a sign she might come tonight.

Me too, I'm scheduled to be induced Monday night. She's moving like crazy but she won't seem to drop! So frustrating.

Am I the only one that wasn't scheduled for an NST or biophysical? I'm a day overdue but my doctor has only mentioned induction of the baby doesn't come by Monday.

My doc saw me last Friday and scheduled induction for Monday as well with no appointment in between. I'd feel better if he was monitoring SOMETHING in between then, but I guess he's not worried about anything. Lucky him.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • emilyealbersemilyealbers member
    edited November 2015
    laswett said:

sadyy131 said:

Ugh, 40w2d over here and I feel absolutely terrible. I just want to throw a pity party. I'm so ready to meet LO and my body hurts everywhere! Induction scheduled for Monday but that feels so far away :( hoping how I feel is a sign she might come tonight.

My doc saw me last Friday and scheduled induction for Monday as well with no appointment in between. I'd feel better if he was monitoring SOMETHING in between then, but I guess he's not worried about anything. Lucky him.
    I went to 41+2 and never had a nst, bpp, or any extra monitoring or testing. Just regular weekly appointments. If you are low risk, and feeling regular movement, it's probably not necessary. I know it's hard. It sucks, being overdue is the worst thing ever. Hang in there
  • Had quick nst today and baby is super comfy. I have an appointment Monday and will ask for another sweep. I hope baby comes before then, or that the sweep will work out for me. I hope if I haven't gone into labor than at least maybe more dilated!!
  • Waiting on a call from L&D now. I was sitting with the family and felt a trickle. Went to check and it had soaked a bit of my liner mixed with a bit of regular discharge. No show, but enough clear liquid that I could squeeze it from the liner.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Last night my bloody show began, and I've had consistent spotting (not bright red but brownish/ pinkish) since 10 last night. I've also had consistent worse-than-period-like cramps. There is no break between them. On top of that, I've been having some contractions but they are not regular. Baby is still moving. I don't know whether I should call the OB or not. The pain is manageable, however I've been waiting for contractions to get regular to call. I just don't want to drive an hour to the hospital if they are going to send me home for not being dialated enough.
  • @sadyy131, I'd call L&D, or the on call OB to see what they want you to do. I was so disappointed when I had a false alarm and got sent home.
    My doc told me to take tylenol when I had constant period-esque cramps and to wait for contractions to get more consistent. They ended up stopping altogether after 6 hrs. That was two weeks ago... and still no baby haha.

Good luck, though! I hope it's the real deal!
  • kwaldy said:

@sadyy131, I'd call L&D, or the on call OB to see what they want you to do. I was so disappointed when I had a false alarm and got sent home.
    My doc told me to take tylenol when I had constant period-esque cramps and to wait for contractions to get more consistent. They ended up stopping altogether after 6 hrs. That was two weeks ago... and still no baby haha.

Good luck, though! I hope it's the real deal!

Thanks! :) I've been sent home twice so it sucks, but I should at least call.
  • Is anybody else having lots of birth/baby dreams as the big day approaches? I guess I should be grateful I'm still getting some sleep, even if it does involve dreaming about my baby all night!
    I've got my second membrane sweep today. Here's hoping I'm more than 1cm!
    Not long to go for those of us left on the shelf now - we'll be holding our babies soon :-)

Good luck!! After the past two days of prodromal labor, I am really starting to wonder when this will actually happen. I think I'd much rather be in actual labor at this point instead of these fake outs...
  • 40 weeks tomorrow. Scheduled for two NSTs next week. No signs of labor what so ever. Whomp whomp. Hope it happens for you ladies soon!
  • So , I'm pretty sure LO keeps "dropping" and then moving back up just to mess with my emotions.  Not like dropping means I'm headed towards labor, but even my OB noticed it at one of my appointments and did a quick U/S to make sure he hadn't flipped entirely. 

In other news I decided last minute at 9am this morning that I HAD to go get a winter coat for myself (my coat from last year got torn) today on Black Friday.  So I headed out this morning, alone, the day before my due date.  It actually worked out pretty well, although I kind of had to guess on the sizing due to the giant belly.  I'm really hoping that the rush of energy I had last night plus the urge to shop despite the lack of sleep and hip pain was some sort of nesting urge meaning labor is coming, but I'm guessing I'll still be pregnant this time next week...  Did anyone else check out sales today?
  • emzcatemzcat member
    edited November 2015
    I really, really wanted to go shopping but my feet are/were super swollen (probably due to copious amounts of ham yesterday) and I felt like I just couldn't be on them anymore. I've been checking out stuff online though. Did you get a good deal on the winter coat, @violetigerlily?
  • @emzcat My everything is so so swollen. It's the worst I've seen them yet. Thanksgiving dinner is definitely the culprit. They are absurd looking.