April 2016 Moms
Options

What song gets you pumped?

Since there was a thread about songs that makes you cry, which song makes you inspired, pumped, or just plain happy? I'd love to see what song gives you all the positive feels!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: What song gets you pumped?

• Options
    Don't Stop Believing by Journey!!!! It's actually made me cry too but only since I've been pregnant lol
  • Options

No Rain by Blind Melon. I've always loved that song and I sing very horribly to it.

Another song that motivated me to pick myself up was Survivor by Destiny's Child.

Another song was Push it to the Limit by Paul Engemann (Thank you Scarface) and Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I sing horribly too, don't worry! It's even worse that it's at the top of my lungs for the Journey song lol. And we should all put these on our labor playlists!! If that's a thing, idk... I've read about it in a few articles haha
  • Options
    Good for you by Selena Gomez lol. It makes me feel sexy which makes me feel happy!
  • Options
    Remember the Name by Fort Minor and Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars are two of my biggest "pump me up" songs at the gym. And "Turn Down for What" always comes on at the box for CrossFit, so songs like that always getting me pumped for working out too.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Heretic Anthem, and Psycho Social, by Slipknot.
    Remix to Ignition by R. Kelly. (Every single Friday after my last class)
    Foundations by Kate Nash.
    I'm a Bitch by Alanis Moresette.
  • Options

Remember the Name by Fort Minor and Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars are two of my biggest "pump me up" songs at the gym. And "Turn Down for What" always comes on at the box for CrossFit, so songs like that always getting me pumped for working out too.

Fort Minor was my pre-game soundtrack for all my volleyball games. So pumped!
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Jules08Jules08 member
    edited November 2015

Pumped:

My Songs Know What you Did in the Dark - Fall Out Boy - best song to run to

Shoop - Salt N Pepa - old school!

Boogie Shoes - KC & The Sunshine Band - it's just fun

Happy:

When I'm 64 - The Beatles - how can this song not make you happy

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root - woke up to this every morning in college

(in general: any DMB or any: Led Zeppelin, Queen, Styx, Doors, CCR, The Police, Eric Clapton, Michael Jackson, etc.)

Passionate:

I'm Kissing You - Des'ree - amazing vocals

When You Say nothing At All - Alison Krauss - have always love this one

(Yes, I know I am all over the board with what I listen to, ha)

• Options

Every time I hear "Turn Down for What," a whole bunch of memes pop in my head.

imageimageimage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTs41hkYeVI

• Options
    There are so many! Just a few:

Talk Dirty to Me-Poison
    Someday is Now-The Scorpions
    Coming Back to life-Pink Floyd
    Take it Back-Pink Floyd
    Tarzan Boy-Baltimora
    Poison-Alice Cooper
    Fuck California-The Presidents
    Could've Been You-Cher
  • Options
    Some songs that are on my work out/running playlist are:

The way I am - Eminem
    Fight song - rachel platten
    Dig - incubus
    Unconditionally - Katy perry
    The man - aloe blacc
  • Options
    Right here, right now - Fatboy Slim

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Jane - Jefferson Starship. Always gets me ready for whatever I'm about to do.

If I wanna work out so hard I feel like my heart is about to stop but I want to keep going I listen to Rammstein. Like Mein Herz Brennt or Mutter.

If I'm running I love Flawless by Beyoncé and Nikki Minaj.

• Options
    Dropkick Murphys and Rob Zombie are great for running. I like Lady Gaga for cleaning. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • Options
    AliSummer said:

Dropkick Murphys and Rob Zombie are great for running. I like Lady Gaga for cleaning. 

Rob Zombie is awesome! Saw him at a concert last summer and it was kickass!

• Options

AliSummer said:

I feel like you and I are concert soulmates.
  • Options

I got drunk to "Turn Down for What" so many times in Korea that I honestly can't associate it with anything but my drinking buddies! "Rains Down in Africa" also falls into this category.

"Shake it Off" by T Swift makes me shake my booty shamelessly when I drive. "Brown Eyed Girl" and anything from the Punk Goes...albums get me going every single time. Also, We Were Promised Jetpacks. I don't know if this obscure semi-indie band is still around, but they were good.

Also, anything by Queen and the song from Hardball...I love it when you call me big papa? I forget the title but that song brings out my inner thug haha
  • Options
    Yes! Queen!! Don't Stop Me Now!!! Looove. Also a big Journey fan, love belting out lights. DD is a big fan of Anyway You Want it too LOL
  • Options

AliSummer said:

I feel like you and I are concert soulmates.
    We would definitely be the two girls in the front of a Deftones concert :D