January 2016 Moms

Worth a call to my OB?

kqualls5kqualls5 member
edited November 2015 in January 2016 Moms
So I'm 32 weeks 4 days. My baby is quite the active little dude. Especially at night. And he usually kicks and jabs me. But in the last 4 days I can't remember the last time I felt a familiar kick or jab. I have been working A LOT more and I'm on my feet the whole time, so I assumed it was just because of that, but even when I'm laying in bed (his favorite time to kick) he doesn't move around either. But then I had a soda and he got the hiccups. And every once in awhile I'll feel like something is hitting my ribs. I'm just worried cus at this point I'm not sure if it's 10 movements in 2 hours, and the things I do feel don't feel like what I've been feeling the last 12 weeks.

Re: Worth a call to my OB?

• I think any time you are concerned it is worth a call to your Dr. But that said, it is totally normal for baby to be super active one day and then take it easy for a few days. Also, LO may have turned a bit so you don't feel them like you used to or you may not be noticing if you have been really busy. Lay down and do some kick counts during the day and try not to stress about it! If you feel really concerned and it will put your mind at ease, call the Dr!
  • Do you have time to lay down and really focus on kick counts? I would suggest doing that first. If you don't get the 10 movements definitely call your OB. Better safe than sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Echoing PP - My OB says it's totally natural not to feel baby move when you're active/busy, BUT if you can't remember the last consistent movements, drink some juice or ice water, lie down and do a kick count.  If you get less than 10 movements in an hour definitely call to be safe.

Good luck!  

• I don't work today so I got an ice water and I'm just gonna lay here for a bit. Thank you ladies!
  • My Dr said if you think movement has decreased at all then to immediately call or come in. Better to be safe then sorry
  • Yes definitely go and get checked. I too have experienced the same thing for the last 2 weeks. But finally got checked today and he's doing great - they aren't sure why there's a reduction in movement but said I did the right thing in telling my midwife so she sent me to hospital to be monitored. I am stil concerned as he's not as active but they are happy and think he's changed position and is perhaps kicking me in the placenta so I can't feel it as much. Anyway about you - go and get checked its what they are there for! Good luck xx
  • If there's a number you can call I would call it just to double check. That being said whenever I call in they give me some suggestions but ultimately say "We'd like you to be on the safe side and visit your labour and delivery ward". The nurses all say the same thing too when I go in. It is just better to be safe even if it's nothing they'd rather know it's nothing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • juju0592 said:

My Dr said if you think movement has decreased at all then to immediately call or come in. Better to be safe then sorry

This.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Well I drank a Pepsi and he is moving around to where I can see it. Do I still worry because he wasn't active before or write off the last few days of little movement since he's moving all over now?
  • There are days I don't feel him move at all.
    It worries me sometimes - but then I'll get a kick.
    He can go a few days and I won't feel him, then I will feel him move all day one day.

Everytime I go to the doctor he's fine.
    At the beginning of my pregnancy my placenta was in the front, so I figure that may have something to do with it.

If you are concerned talk to your doctor.
  • They have apps that track your daily kick counts. You basically just hit the button every time you feel a movement and it times it for you. Then it can graph it to show you if the baby is moving less each day (which is when you'd be more worried). If you felt good movement today, you probably don't have to worry about the past few, but good to keep up with it to be safe.