3rd Trimester

Is this labor signs

My wife is 40 Weeks today and she's been having a cramping pain for about the past 30 minutes?

Re: Is this labor signs

• groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    Hi! Guessing you're new? So here's the quick and dirty. Everybody is different and since we're not medical professionals, we don't feel comfortable making a diagnosis over the internet because we could be wrong. Cramping pain CAN be very normal and it CAN also be a sign of impending labor. So my suggestion is to call your OB who will put you in touch with the on call doc. They can best assess her specific situation. It's very sweet of you to come here looking out for your wife. If the pain subsides, use our search feature to see more posts like this with similar discussions but again, I urge you to contact your doc. (S)He knows your wife's history best.
  • If she's concerned, she should contact her ob or after hours line.
  • Loading the player...
  • My wife is 40 Weeks today and she's been having a cramping pain for about the past 30 minutes?
    We can't tell you. If you have to ask-- its not the real deal.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• AnaelseaAnaelsea member
    edited November 2015
    you can have days of "ghost cramps" before actual labor, wait until her water breaks, but yes, we're not doctors
  • Anaelsea said:
    you can have days of "ghost cramps" before actual labor, wait until her water breaks, but yes, we're not doctors

Well just a sec now.. only 10% of women actually experience water breakage before they already are in active labor and in the hospital - this is what I read. I was surprised about this.