C-sections
Options

Plus size mama desperate for a vba2c...... any hope?

Little back story for you...... First DD was born via C-section after being induced and her getting crooked and stuck. 2nd C-section was a mandatory repeat due to my small town hospital requiring it because they are not equipped to take care of mom or baby if something were to go wrong during vbac. I now live in a big city with access to many hospitals, Drs, mid-wives, doulas, birthing centers, etc..... I just found out I am about 6 weeks along and deciding which route I want/can go with my birth plan. Being a plus size woman, I am worried about healing from another C-section. Last time around my incision got infected which forced me to sit for 4 weeks so it could heal. The C-section was a bad experience in general..... first C-section was with an epidural, 2nd was a spinal which was a nightmare followed by me not getting my morphine drip before the spinal wore off...  My ideal birth plan would be to try a vba2c and if it fails, then go with a C-section. With already having 2 scars and an already bigger C-section stomach, I would love to not have a 3rd to add to that(not to mention another infection). Is there any hope for me? TIA!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Plus size mama desperate for a vba2c...... any hope?

• Options
    Yes, there is definitely a possibility of a VBA2C. Interview multiple practices and ask their policies and preferences.
  • Options
    They cut you 2 different places for your sections?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doc wouldn't let me even try. He said the is uterus is too weak from the prior surgeries and it could rupture. But your case may be different. Good luck
  • Options

They cut you 2 different places for your sections?

This. I was told the practice is to cut out the existing scar tissue from the previous incision during the subsequent surgeries. I'd be really confused why you'd have 2 separate scars, and consider switching practices if that's their norm. A scar is a weak point in the uterus, and creating more of them can make subsequent pregnancies more dangerous. Ruptures (though rare) are more likely to occur along the scar tissue as it doesn't stretch as well, and there's also the (rare) possibility of the placenta attaching to previous scar tissue which can require a hysterectomy.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers