March 2016 Moms

Thanksgiving Recipe Thread - Share your recipes here

Just in case some of us are looking for the end-all be-all stuffing recipe, please share your to die for Thanksgiving recipes.  (Yeah, I know there is a generic recipe thread, but Thanksgiving deserves it's own one)
DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Re: Thanksgiving Recipe Thread - Share your recipes here

• Dressing/Stuffing - Going with Pioneer Woman on this one

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Loading the player...
  • We're deep frying one of our turkeys.  I'm thinking about doing something like Emeril's Deep Fried Cajun Turkey recipe
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I've made that cheesecake and its the shit!!!

I'm hosting this year so my only responsibility is the turkey. Which i transferred to the fridge on sunday. I can barely squish my finger in it. i think i may put it in cold water tomorrow when i get home at noon. I have a huge fear of it being frozen come thursday moring.

Pregnancy Ticker

• skruhminskruhmin member
    edited November 2015
    I've made that cheesecake and its the shit!!!

I'm hosting this year so my only responsibility is the turkey. Which i transferred to the fridge on sunday. I can barely squish my finger in it. i think i may put it in cold water tomorrow when i get home at noon. I have a huge fear of it being frozen come thursday moring.
    Ooh you need to do the Alton Brown frozen brine method.  And good to hear about the cheesecake.  I've done many in my life, but haven't done that one.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• https://hugsandcookiesxoxo.com/2014/03/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake-brownie-crust.html

Here is the link to my cheesecake I made :)  The only thing I did different to save a LITTLE time was I went with a small brownie mix packet instead of making them from scratch. 

https://www.thecheapgourmet.com/2011/02/stuffing-wrapped-in-bacon-appetizers.html

And here is the link to my bacon wrapped stuffing balls!

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • charley15 said:

https://hugsandcookiesxoxo.com/2014/03/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake-brownie-crust.html

Here is the link to my cheesecake I made :)  The only thing I did different to save a LITTLE time was I went with a small brownie mix packet instead of making them from scratch. 

https://www.thecheapgourmet.com/2011/02/stuffing-wrapped-in-bacon-appetizers.html

And here is the link to my bacon wrapped stuffing balls!

/snort she said balls.

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:

We're deep frying one of our turkeys.  I'm thinking about doing something like Emeril's Deep Fried Cajun Turkey recipe

YES! I've had this one! So good! :smiley:
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Everything sounds so good, cannot wait till Thursday rolls around! Question- what's your favorite way to "dress up" stuffing or dressing? I've heard browned sausage is great, any other ideas?
  • MNGrl24 said:
    Everything sounds so good, cannot wait till Thursday rolls around! Question- what's your favorite way to "dress up" stuffing or dressing? I've heard browned sausage is great, any other ideas?
    Sausage would be good.  I bet dried cranberries (aka Craisins) would be amazing too.  Or apples.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• MNGrl24 said:

Everything sounds so good, cannot wait till Thursday rolls around! Question- what's your favorite way to "dress up" stuffing or dressing? I've heard browned sausage is great, any other ideas?

I haven't gotten to try this recipe because I just can't get away from my classic cornbread dressing but this one with smoked bacon looks and sounds amazing!
    https://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/entertaining/sage-onion-and-smoked-bacon-stuffing
  • @skruhmin @kynbar5 yum, thanks ladies!! I'm hoping to get creative this year!
  • skruhminskruhmin member
    edited November 2015
    I'm just gonna leave this one here...

Oh my gosh that made me lol!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:

smushi said:
    Oh my gosh that mad me lol!
    Ok y'all, I've actually made this. Except I do them separately. I bake a cherry pie inside a chocolate cake and a pumpkin pie inside a spice cake. They're both HUGE hits!
  • thanks so much! 
  • I like to make Alton Brown's overnight cinnamon rolls and top them with some caramelized apple chunks, dash of pumpkin spice, and cream cheese frosting/icing.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-cinnamon-rolls-recipe.html

That caramel apple cheesecake sounds like HEAVEN!! May have to steal that and try it this year.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • My best recipe is my stuffing (though I should call it dressing since I don't stuff the turkey). I make three batches of cornbread, crumble them, and let them dry out for two days. Then I add browned mild Italian sausage, fresh sage, poultry seasoning, two eggs, and sautéed onion, celery, and carrots, and enough chicken stock to hold it together. Then bake. It's seriously good and so simple. The sweet of the cornbread and savory of the sausage is like. Party in your mouth. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kfarr26kfarr26 member
    edited November 2015
    Does anyone else here do the old fashioned southern skillet cornbread that isn't sweet? I'd never even heard of sweet cornbread until college! I remember taking a bite that first time and asking "wtf is this?" I enjoy sweet cornbread from time to time now, but the dressing I grew up on is not sweet at all...and has turkey or chicken in it, not sausage. Just curious!