Infertility
Options

THIN LINING - Estrogen Question (losses mentioned)

Hi Ladies, (hope I am in the right place)
I am confused - - RE has put me on Estrace Orally as well as Estraderm patches - - in order to thicken my lining.. It rarely gets above 5mm.  I am going to ask about Vaginal Estrace because I hear it works better and I really need my lining to respond better.. The oral and patches aren't doing the trick unfortunately. 

The thing is, I understand we need to thicken my lining in order for implantation to occur - - but with all that Estrogen my body will not ovulate on its own..but RE has not given me anything to induce ovulation.  (meanwhile when I am not on the Estrogen - I ovulate naturally).. 
so it seems counter-productive no?  I cant take Clomid because that really thins out the lining. 

I had 2 miscarriages over the last year..and RE says my uterus has had trauma.. my HSG came back normal and I also had a Hysterscopy - - they just found that my lining was super thin but no real scar tissue.  

Ive been trying natural remedies too - POM juice,, RRL tea, yoga poses, hot compress, castor oil etc.. but nothing seems to be making the difference with my lining.  I am very confused and hopeless.  I have a call into my RE now to see what the next step is (because my HSG was yesterday).  DH's SA was fine.. and I am 35 years old.. any feedback is very much appreciated. 

Re: THIN LINING - Estrogen Question (losses mentioned)

• Options
    Sorry for your losses, and sorry you're going through this on top. Do you have any idea of what you're lining was like prior to your m/c? My lining would also always remain thin until I had a hysteroscopy to correct the shape of my uterus (slight t shape, so they cut through a layer of muscle/tissue that was constricting my uterus and preventing proper blood flow). I would imagine that they would have figured that out in your case considering that they went in to see. Not sure my answer is helpful though.
  • Options
    Sorry for everything you have been through and hope you get answers soon! I have been on estrace vaginally before and after all three of my iui's but I don't think my body responds well to it, my lining has only ever made it up to 6 while being on it twice daily. Hopefully your RE figures out what is going on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lining is usually fine. However, when I was monitored on my Clomid round, my lining thinned out. My doctor put me on vaginal estrace 2xs a day and it went from 5.3 on a Thursday to 11.5 the following Monday. it turned me into a huge b*tch, but had I gotten pregnant, it would have totally been worth it! I actually asked to be on it again this time because it was also the only cycle I didn't spot before AF. Spotting usually would have started yesterday, and so far so good! I would definitely ask about it. Good luck!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Sorry for everything you've been through, and welcome. The ladies here have been through it all and are so supportive and helpful! Have you considered that your RE doesn't want you to ovulate because your lining is too thin, and if you got pregnant that it'd be high risk and s/he doesn't want you to go through another mc? Just my two cents, but definitely ask! Also ask about the vaginal estrace, everyone responds differently, but if what you're doing now isn't working then I'd switch it up. Good luck!

• Options
    thanks ladies.. appreciate all of your feedback. 

yes, i haven't tried the vaginal estrace yet just the oral so I am figuring it cant hurt to try the vaginal and hope for the best..

yes, I am not 100% sure but I think my RE is just more focused on increasing the lining right now rather than getting me PG right away.. but at the same time I don't like the idea of my ovulation being suppressed.. just very overwhelming and depressing.. I will bring it up to him.

The RE's message to me yesterday was that he wants to take some time to review all of my tests/records to come up with our next steps.. 

Just seems like nothing makes sense.. if my HSG was fine then why is my lining not thickening.. and if my hysterscopy didn't really show scar tissue, just that my lining was very thin then why is my lining not thickening? Unless maybe I need more aggressive estrogen therapy? UGH!!! Who knows...

My worst fear is that my lining was damaged down to the basal layer (from my D&C) and that its irrevocably destroyed.. I am hoping to talk to him about that.. All of the waiting is the worst part. 

thank you again for your feedback.. even just getting your support is so appreciated ladies.