1st Trimester

When Did You Have Your First Ultrasound?

Last week I got my positive HPT, followed by postive blood work at the doctors office. They scheduled my first "confirmation" ultrasound for 3 weeks from the day of the positive blood work. When did you all have your first ultrasounds? 

Re: When Did You Have Your First Ultrasound?

• 9 weeks? Second was yesterday (NT technically), and my next appointment with OB is next week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor kindly scheduled me around the 7.5 week mark, but because the baby measured more like 6.5 weeks, she wants me to go back again next week. Pro's and con's to going too early, but it seems like most doctors prefer to wait until 8-9 weeks so that there's more to see! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • my first US was at 12 weeks for dating purposes & an FTS to check for chromosomal abnormalities.
  • I will have mine at 14 weeks.
  • I had no idea how far along I was or could even be since I had no idea when my last menstrual cycle was, and ultrasounds around here take up to a month to get so I was around 12 weeks when I had my dating US. 
  • First ultrasound was 8 weeks for dating then 12.5 weeks for the NTS. Then my Doppler was at 16 weeks and my a/s is scheduled for December 21st. It is normal to not have a lot of ultrasounds until you are further along, so patience is a virtue.
  • My first was at 6.5 weeks - I was leery of a vaginal one and wasn't sure if I'd see a heartbeat with abdominal that early. Was very happy that abdominal revealed HB that early.
  • Thanks everyone! I think I'll be about 8-9 weeks by the time I have my first. Its just strange, because I don't really "feel" pregnant, and I don't know if I'll really believe that its real until the ultrasound!!
  • I had an 8 week ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and rule out ectopic concerns. Then my next ultrasound was at 12 weeks, followed by my anatomy scan /ultra sound at 20 weeks.

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• I had my first at 6w1d. It made me worry because we didn't see fetal pole or heartbeat... At 6w5 we did. I went so early because I'm seeing a RE for IVF. I think it's best to wait until at least 8 weeks - especially if you might not be right on with your ovulation date. Good luck and congrats!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mine will be in 2 weeks when I am 9 weeks. I have been so anxious bc it just doesn't really feel real yet.
  • I'm at 4 1/2 weeks-I scheduled mine today for 12/17 week 7 :)
  • My first one will be in the middle of 9 weeks. I feel the same as you, i don't have a ton of symptoms, only mild nausea and fatigue, and while I'm thankful for that, it makes it nerve wracking to have to wait "so long"..
  • Mine will be when I am 10w5d
    Met - November 2007
    Married - May 2011
    TTC LO#1 - January 2014
    BFP - Oct 19 2015- Due July 1 2016!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I could have gone in at 5.5 weeks (for placement), but waited until 7.5 weeks. I'm under the care of an RE, and with a history, you can get in earlier. I think waiting is standard, but so nerve wracking.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • As soon as my betas were high enough to show a sac, which was right around 5wks. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a dating u/s at 6w6d, and will be going in for another at 11w6d. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • I had one at 6weeks 2 days because I had some light spotting. If I hadn't spotted I wouldn't have had an ultrasound until my anatomy scan at 20 weeks
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • I had my first at 8 weeks, and will have my NT ultrasound at 12 weeks.

• I just had my first ultrasound. I had been admitted in the hospital for a couple hours due to dehydration, and uncontrollable vomitting. I have them my LMP date, but from my blood work my pregnancy hormones were high, so they wanted to rule out twins or being further along then antisipated.

Ultrasound was good, def a little growing baby in there. They put me at 6weeks. Which from my LMP I'm 5w 2days.
    So, they're a close match!
  • My first ultrasound is tomorrow, 7w5d. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • First was 5w5d cuz I landed in the ED for dehydration. Beautiful lil peanut with a HR of 101!

I'm having a follow up on Monday @ 7w6d for a subchorionic hemorrhage. 
  • I'm 12 weeks and I had my first one in the ER when I found out I was pregnant. I don't really feel pregnant neither, except for the bloating.
  • I was 7 weeks, but my doctor thought I was 9 weeks based on LMP.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I had one at 6.5 weeks because of intense cramping and a previous loss. My dr usually only does 2- 12 weeks (if you are doing the NT scan) and 20 weeks. I will also have one at 31 weeks because at 20 weeks I had partial placenta previa and they discovered a spot on her heart that they want to make sure has cleared up.

They may do additional ones beyond that, but my understanding is that they just feel for baby to determine position unless they find additional complications.

*Kate*

February 2016

• Our MW group doesn't do one until the 18-20 wk anatomy scan. However, we can choose to have an early ultrasound done - which we are doing at 12 wks. Really only because we have twins that run in the family and we would rather know earlier than later if this is the case!
  • I had mine at 6w4d but they thought I would be 8w. I told them I had very irregular periods so I was unsure of my last period. I'm going back tomorrow, I'll be 8w2d to get a followup ultrasound since I was so early on and get bloodwork done. I did get to see and hear the heartbeat at 6w4d though!

My office does first ultrasounds at 8-10 weeks. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

• I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and just had my second yesterday at 9 weeks. I'm high risk so they are keeping a close eye on baby. But I don't mind. I love seeing my little peanut! :)
  • I've always had high risk pregnancies so my doctor always has me get ultrasounds. Just about every time I have an appointment. With my son my placenta detached and I had an internal bleed, so my doctor always likes to keep an eye on my peanuts! I really think it depends on your health and your OB
  • I'm scheduled for my first this week, when I should be 6 weeks 1 day (she wanted to schedule it between 6-7 weeks). I had an IUD removed in November (and my LMP was 11/25), so my doctor may want to make sure that it's not ectopic.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My youngest's pregnancy was very high risk so I had every two weeks .

This pregnancy I've had one, yesterday, and one scheduled for the 13th. I'm 8 weeks.
  • Mine is next Thursday and I'll be 6w6d.  Can't wait to hear the heartbeat.
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :) 
  • My doctor's standard is 8 weeks, but my dates were a bit off and when I went in we discovered I was only 7 weeks along. We were still able to see her heartbeat though.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today was my first ultrasound. 6weeks2 days. Saw a heartbeat! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • My doctor wasn't going to do a 1st ultrasound until 18 weeks! With my last pregnancy, I had frequent ultrasounds from the very beginning so not having one until 18 weeks seemed crazy to me! I told him it made me nervous to wait that long, especially since I've been spotting on and off, so he scheduled one in 2 weeks.
  • My first will be at 9 weeks- I'm 5w2d now based on LMP. I feel like it's forever away but my blood levels came back great so I'm holding on to those for reassurance.