March 2016 Moms

The Night Owl Thread

Re: The Night Owl Thread

• @hellomylittleone im in new zealand too! I think there is only a few of us here! Ive been finding for the last 3 nights LO has been practising bladder kicks at 1am and 3am. Hate to think what will happen as she gets bigger

Oooh! Where abouts are you? :)
  • Unexplainably wide awake right now. Baby was kicking but he has since stopped and I'm left awake and no idea of when I'll pass back out. Dog is snoring, DH is snoring, and that doesn't help.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually went to bed at a decent time last night, 10pm, but woke up around 1 and have been up ever sense! (Now currently 9am) I had the craziest dreams last night and was just unable to fall back to sleep. Thankfully it's Saturday and I can sleep all afternoon if I need to. :smirk:
  • It 1130pm here, can't sleep, alarm will go off at 6. I got up and had a snack, snissed, went potty, still can't sleep. Hope I sleep soon
  • I don't think I've gotten a full night of restful sleep in 4 months. I was under the impression that this part didn't start until much later in the motherhood journey...but no. Oh well. This too shall pass.
  • So comforting to read all of these stories! My DH likes to stay up a little to finish a football game and by the time he comes to bed, I wake up and it's like three tv channels plus two radio stations are blasting in my head. Then baby starts kicking. Then I have to go pee. Then I get hungry. Then it's over. Two hours later, some cheesecake and a few episodes of Chopped, I think I'm ready to get to bed again. Hang in there, mommas!
  • Up all night almost every night no matter how hard i try i always end up awake usually until 4am or longer watching forensic files or playing games on my phone this morning im on a cleaning binge#i really miss a normal sleeping schedule
  • 4:18am...been up for 30 minutes now...hips and left wrist are aching liking crazy. DH is snoring and sleeping all up on my side of the bed...it's a king size bed! I could probably lay on his side without him even noticing....but he is laying diagonally so his bottom half is actually on his side and his top half is all up on my side. Finally ventured downstairs to sit in the recliner.

I know this is all preparing me for when LO arrives... Oh I miss a good nights sleep
  • Earlier i had such good loooooooooooong sleep patters... ... Now i hardly sleep continuously for more than3 hrs at a stretch at night... Oh n i pee like 4 times min at night... Oh god... Those good old days seems to b over... I cud manage 12 hr sleep pattern... Lol
  • Seriously ladies, unisom. It's your friend!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Took a good 4 hour nap today, not expecting to sleep well tonight.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• skruhmin said:

Seriously ladies, unisom. It's your friend!

I take it on occasion. But I've found that when I do, I'm out for a good 12 hours and still wake up feeling groggy.

• Fell asleep at 9 tonight. Now it is almost 1 and I've been up for the last hour. I have a cold and the cough is definitely worse tonight than it has been. To top it off the coughing fits are making me really nauseous and I have wicked heartburn. I don't even know where to start as far as making it easier to sleep.
  • I always get so tired around 3-5pm it's weird and then I'm up all night long :c Novalynn loves hugging my bladder lol
  • Working night 2 of 4, my hips and feet are killing me.
    @Stormiewinter I hope you feel better! My humidifier made a world of difference for me. Maybe it will help with the cough? Good luck!
  • skruhmin said:

Seriously ladies, unisom. It's your friend!

I take it on occasion. But I've found that when I do, I'm out for a good 12 hours and still wake up feeling groggy.

Or worse: Take Unisom, but the heartburn keeps you from reclining anyway, so you are deliriously tired but can't give in to the pull that your mind and body craves. True story!
  • I woke up several times last night with my tendinitis flares. I even had a dream that my hands were completely purple and swollen. When I got up before my alarm at 6:00, my hands were pins and needles and I couldn't make a fist. I have a therapy prescription from my midwife...I guess I'd better call today!
  • Woke up to ctx and tons of pain thanks to lovely UTI at like 12.  Thankfully peeing relieved it all.  Thought I was going to have to go to hospital again.  GO AWAY UTI!!!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I lovvvve being up every hour to two hours to pee. Good times lol. My sweet baby (my first child, my labrador lol), was up all night Friday and into Saturday, coughing and throwing up. I felt so bad. Good practice I guess for when the baby comes and I am going to be up all hours of the night. She's better now, by the way! :-)
  • I'm joining the club. It's 3:52 and I have been up for an hour. Baby girl is being a wiggle worm and I can't get comfortable. Not to mention I feel like it's 100 degrees in here. Thermostat is at 69 though.
  • Last night was brutal for me. And Internet was down so I couldn't watch anything or post on here! I had terrible flare-ups of my tendinitis, and I woke in excruciating pain at 2am. I can't lie on my sides because of the pain, and although I'm fairly comfortable on my back, aren't we supposed to avoid that for the baby? I don't know what to do!!
  • jilloboe said:
    Last night was brutal for me. And Internet was down so I couldn't watch anything or post on here! I had terrible flare-ups of my tendinitis, and I woke in excruciating pain at 2am. I can't lie on my sides because of the pain, and although I'm fairly comfortable on my back, aren't we supposed to avoid that for the baby? I don't know what to do!!
    When I feel like I need to be on my back for any length of time, I put a pillow under one side of my back to kind of prop it up but still get the back action.  And grrrrrr to so much pain already!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Just past midnight and I am still folding laundry. We are leaving in the am and I want to be able to just wake up pack and go. I have been having trouble falling asleep before midnight lately so at least tonight i have something productive to do.
  • Well, fell asleep for a little over a hour, the dh came home and I woke up. Having acid reflux and can't go back to sleep again. Grr, 330 am, propped up on the couch. Anyone up for a game of go fish?
  • smount2011smount2011 member
    edited November 2015
    I fell asleep about 8, woke up at 11 to DH singing his head off and basically laughing hysterically to some dumb YouTube video. Then he crawls into bed with his phone and insists on watching more. Then he rolls over about midnight to go to sleep, and I'm still wide awake. Next, I'm hungry. So I got up and made toast with peanut butter. Then I'm crying because I'm so hungry and tired and pissed off at dh for waking me up! So finally about 1:30 I get up to lay on the couch, so what does dh do? COMPLAINS because I'm leaving him, wakes up and gets back on his damn phone! Then I hear "I can't sleep because you're not in bed with me". Too bad-you get to sleep the day away and I have to work!

Best decision ever was to sleep on the couch. I fell right asleep and woke up feeling energized, without getting up for bathroom breaks, without a snoring dh in my ear... I slept straight through till my 5:50 alarm!

• Woke up about an hour ago with a horrible Charley horse in my left leg!!! I've never experienced one before and I don't wish to again, lol. Hoping this doesn't become a repetitive thing...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @red3ye is this when we all give into Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends?
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @CecilB93 I woke up to the world's worst charley horse in my left leg last night, too! It was so bad my let is seriously sore today. I have been told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate - hope that helps!!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• skruhmin said:

@red3ye is this when we all give into Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends?

Yeah, I guess I should re-download candy crush. I had it at onepoint but it got lost when I switched phones almost a year ago.
  • @flowerpower5838 mine is too! And yea, water and stretching is what I read.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• skruhmin said:

@red3ye is this when we all give into Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends?

Yes.

In all seriousness, I'd rather read, but my eyes can hardly stay open. And while I'd like something to make me fall asleep if it were just insomnia, when it's pain-related, I can't do the book thing.
  • I'm oceanchild on words with friends also! I had to delete candy crush. It was my mindless activity I used to keep my brain busy during horrible morning sickness with the last baby, and I bought extra moves too many times. I got a stern lecture from my better (more sensible) half LOL.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Idk why I never get in here in the middle of the night - I'm always up. I just know once I get the bump out, all hope for possibly falling back asleep is gone for good.

Autism mama! 
  • smount2011smount2011 member
    edited November 2015
    Welp, here's to another sleepless night.
    DH took a load of laundry to the laundromat and just now jumped up and took off - apparently he forgot my two maternity tops there!!! All because I asked him to NOT dry them but bring them home and we can hang them up to dry. If my shirts are gone I will be pissed- they were my favorites! He ALWAYS manages to lose/forget important stuff like that. And now I'm going to sit here and worrybbecause if they are gone and hat means I only have 3 shirts left...and I really don't wanna buy more...

• Up again with reflux. When I got up, I found dh asleep on the couch with his gaming headset on. It is funny cause we were just talking about it the other day, how he falls asleep with it on, and he argued that he always takes it off before falling asleep. Now he is in bed snoring so loud that I can hear him from the living room with the door shut.
  • Thank you, cat, for waking me up with the gentle lapping sound of drinking from my water glass on my bedside table. I guess I should be glad I woke up to that. Time for a water bottle with a lid!!
  • charley15 said:
    Welp, here's to another sleepless night. DH took a load of laundry to the laundromat and just now jumped up and took off - apparently he forgot my two maternity tops there!!! All because I asked him to NOT dry them but bring them home and we can hang them up to dry. If my shirts are gone I will be pissed- they were my favorites! He ALWAYS manages to lose/forget important stuff like that. And now I'm going to sit here and worrybbecause if they are gone and hat means I only have 3 shirts left...and I really don't wanna buy more...

My husband once lost 3 of the 4 sets of sheets we owned at the laundromat. He didn't realize until like 12 hours after he got home and they were long gone. He was so mad at himself that it was hard to be mad too, even though I was because there were two really nice high thread count sets in there.
  • jilloboe said:

Thank you, cat, for waking me up with the gentle lapping sound of drinking from my water glass on my bedside table. I guess I should be glad I woke up to that. Time for a water bottle with a lid!!

LOL I have had this exact experience (and like you have been glad I heard it haha)

Autism mama!