May 2016 Moms
Options

Has anyone???

I am just over 13 weeks and DH and I started sharing the news of my first pregnancy about two weeks ago. We are getting to the point where everyone will know soon. I have been kinda "down" thinking about how it is no longer just a secret between DH and I. I no longer feel excited about telling anyone and it makes me sad..
Has anyone else felt like this?

Re: Has anyone???

• Options
    Not exactly, but I do feel a little weird that the default response is always something like "OH YOU MUST BE SO EXCITED!!!!!" and I'm like "uh, no."

Not that I'm unhappy, obviously, but over-the-moon excitement over the prospect of parenthood has always been a "lolwut" for me and yeah that hasn't changed. So I kind of don't like telling people because I feel like they always want me to be just joyous and jumping-in-the-air ecstatic and no that is not happening. Ever.
  • Options
    Merciel said:

Not exactly, but I do feel a little weird that the default response is always something like "OH YOU MUST BE SO EXCITED!!!!!" and I'm like "uh, no."

Not that I'm unhappy, obviously, but over-the-moon excitement over the prospect of parenthood has always been a "lolwut" for me and yeah that hasn't changed. So I kind of don't like telling people because I feel like they always want me to be just joyous and jumping-in-the-air ecstatic and no that is not happening. Ever.

I totally get it! I'm excited too, but there's a lot going on right now and expecting adds to the stress. It's an important piece of my life, but there are so many other things that I have to work through each day (like job work and house work)- not like everything in the world stopped the second I got pregnant and decided to pause until the kid is born.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I totally get it! I'm excited too, but there's a lot going on right now and expecting adds to the stress. It's an important piece of my life, but there are so many other things that I have to work through each day (like job work and house work)- not like everything in the world stopped the second I got pregnant and decided to pause until the kid is born.
    I feel this way too!  I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I'm on a time crunch now.  I want to research everything, and everyone adds their opinions or tries to get me to agree with their thoughts on what baby should be named, what nursery should look like, whether we should find out the sex, etc.  I feel like a bad mom at times for feeling like I wish I could be more excited at times :(
  • Options
    This is our first. I wasn't excited to tell anyone. I was scared of the reactions we'd get. Then i got excited when it was time to tell our families. Then, we got the most underwhelming reaction from everyone that now I'm back to not excited to tell anyone. It has been pretty heartbreaking to think you had such awesome news to share to get a bunch of "oh"s and "already"s, and "we figured"s. I even got asked by his sister if it was contagious...
    I mean, it's my parents' 12th grandchild, but my husband's parents first. So underwhelming, almost humiliating for the trouble of having them come visit for such an ordinary reaction. It's like we told them we got a new car...not brand new, but used new to us, new.
    ...and no one has bothered to talk to us in the past 2.5 weeks since we told them. Thanksgiving will be interesting. We don't feel like coming. I should be happy to be able to keep a low profile, but dammit I want people to pay attention to us for once, be excited for us.
    I get it, the world keeps turning, but seriously, can't you be a little happy for us?
  • Options
    I hate telling people. The "arent you zo excited?!" Response kills me. Yes, Im excited but Im also worried, anxious, tired, worried, worried and worried. Worried about finances, the babys health, my health, my job, will I be a good mom, life after baby, omg did was that cesear dressing?!, etc. Im also a fairly private person, so the idea of everyone knowing such a big change is already a huge mental hiccup for me.
  • Options
    Yeah keeping up the "OMG YAY" face all the time is a little hard. Of COURSE I'm happy, but I'm over the initial thrill of the news and now have 23 weeks left before I get to meet him. If I was going to be on a euphoria trip this entire time, I would be the most obnoxious person alive. I'll go back to being OMG SO EXCITED when the baby is just around the corner, right now I'm calm.
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and have still told almost no one. With my first DH family knew before our wedding and my family found out the day before he was born. With my second we told his mom right away because I was so sick caring for DS#1 wasn't happening and everyone else found out after our 20 week anatomy scan. Of course my family doesn't know how to be "excited". And when youre throwing up everything you think about eating, the last thing you want to do is answer "so are you feeling ok" or "have you been sick" or any other variation. Not to mention we get too many "you know how that happens, right" and other stupid comments from them that just makes me mad. I'm never excited to share being pregnant except with DH and a couple of my friends that get excited for me. Everyone else can wait.
  • Options
    We told family & close friends early, around 6-8 weeks, so at this point nearly everyone knows. I'm fairly private & don't show tons of emotion so it's definitely awkward with the "aren't you so excited?!?!". I'm also tired of "you didn't waste any time!" (Married end of July, so this is true but we've also been together for 7 years).

It feels so weird to suddenly be (or be expected to be) open about it after a few months of most people not knowing!
  • Options
    I kinda feel like this the more and more I get pg:

You'll go through an emotional roller coaster throughout this whole process. Hang in there.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)