Baby Showers

Is a baby shower a must??

Hi ladies!

Having my first child at the end of March 2016 and I'm not too keen on the idea of a baby shower. I would, however, entertain the thought of a baby registry - but what is the etiquette where this is concerned? Can I have a baby registry WITHOUT having a baby shower?
Help!
Thanks

Re: Is a baby shower a must??

• feemeade said:

Hi ladies!

Having my first child at the end of March 2016 and I'm not too keen on the idea of a baby shower. I would, however, entertain the thought of a baby registry - but what is the etiquette where this is concerned? Can I have a baby registry WITHOUT having a baby shower?
    Help!
    Thanks

Uh, yes?

There is nothing wrong with having a baby registry, provided that you are not telling people unsolicited that you have one.
  • lots of women have registries.
    i havent done one yet, but from what i understand, you get a completion coupon once you complete the registry, so it's a good thing to have.

if you're wondering if you can not have a shower, but are still wanting people to buy things for you off your registry, then no. unless people offer, i suppose.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't give out the registry notices the store gives you either.
  • The completion coupon is worth it on its own! I think we are going to wait to get the baby furniture til then. 10% off plus another 15% if you get their card. I'm not one for credit cards, but hey 25%, that's pretty sweet to me.
  • Thank you ladies for your feedback! It certainly helps knowing I wasn't wrong in thinking it might not be cool inviting persons to make purchases from a registry and not have a shower to invite them to also.

I still welcome more feedback from others though. Keep 'em coming!
  • feemeade said:
    Thank you ladies for your feedback! It certainly helps knowing I wasn't wrong in thinking it might not be cool inviting persons to make purchases from a registry and not have a shower to invite them to also. I still welcome more feedback from others though. Keep 'em coming!
    Everyone has pretty much covered it. You don't have to have a shower and you can set up a registry but for yourself to buy off of, not for others unless they ask.