Trying to Get Pregnant

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Who's the twatwaffle in your life today?

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• KjcallowayKjcalloway member
    edited November 2015
    MY AUNT-IN-LAW/MIL HYBRID. Okay long story short, DH was raised by his aunt for half his life because his dad was abusive and his mother couldn't afford to take care of him alone. So the aunt called the mom one day and said "let me take the kids for a summer while you get everything sorted out" and the next thing the kids know they're enrolled in school and thrown into a custody battle between mother and aunt. Mother loses. DH grows up with the horrible witch of a woman raising him. So essentially I have two MILs. Yay.

So DH's cousin (aunt's daughter whom DH is forced to call his sister) has a 3 month old with rsv. The baby is in the hospital right now and on breathing therapy until the infection goes away. The cousin is on Medicaid and staying/eating for free during their stay at the Ronald McDonald house, SO EVERYTHING IS FREE! Yet she still started a gofundme account asking for 3k "to pay for baby's medical expenses" and "Christmas for her other two kids" because the mother and her boyfriend refuse to work so they are living at the aunt's house with their three kids because they can't afford to live. You know, without jobs. Funny how that works.

*m/c briefly mentioned*

Anyway, aunt calls DH last night in a livid rage because he hasn't called or rushed to their side (they live three hours away) and even more livid because we haven't donated to the gofundme. But they haven't called us either, all they've done is tag us in Facebook posts in which neither of us log on so we didn't know. BUT THEY WANT US TO GIVE MONEY TO HIS COUSIN. They wouldn't even consign a personal loan because we were scrounging around for pennies when we first started out and they didn't call when DH and I were going through a m/c. They criticized me the week after I m/c by telling me how awful I looked and how they "expected me to be still taking my vitamins so hopefully I'd regain some color in my face."

Sorry for the length. These people are driving me insane.

Edited because words are hard.
  • This is kind of trivial but I'm mad at myself anyway. I got the expected temp rise for ovulation screwed up in my head and I thought it was supposed to be .4 of a degree C. FF nicely reminded me today that it is .4 F and only .2 C. I have low bbt overall but I have been really stressing over whether my rise is really enough to be true ovulation. I'll calm down now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am being a twatwaffle in my life recently.  I've become extremely emotional these past few weeks and am letting everything and everyone get the best of me.  I started screaming on the phone (to my dad) about my new neighbor who just moved to the country and is a chain smoker in the hopes that new neighbor would hear me.  (He was moving in and his door was open and I could smell the smoke in my house.) I had every right to be upset but to waste 5 minutes of my phone time with my dad over something stupid? TWAT-WAFFLE! I know why I'm being emotional and have valid causes behind it but still prefer to be in check with myself and not go bat-shit-crazy over stupid shit or be a bitch to others.  The big shit? sure! Little shit? TWAT-WAFFLE
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @kjcalloway Ugh that sounds like a really stressful situation. At least you live three hours away so hopefully that spares you some of the crazy. I think that GoFundMe is great, but I've also been in situations where people are kind of abusing it and are being demanding about it. People should be able to give because they want to, not because someone is guilting them into it. 

My twatwaffle of the week goes out to one of the managers I work with. In addition to my full time M-F job, for the last six months or so I've been working as a server at a local chain restaurant. I waitressed all through college, so it was easy to fall back into it again. The purpose of this second job is to pay down some of our small debt that DH and I have racked up the last two years (buying a house and getting married, etc.) and to save up some money while TTC so that we have a nice little savings for when a baby does arrive. Anyway, this manager talks to the employees like we're her disapointing children, and talks down to me like I'm a complete idiot. I feel like I'm back in Junior High again and to be honest, I feel a little bullied. It's hard enough having two jobs, having to serve people I went to high school with, and having to sing happy birthday a hundred times a day as a full on adult without having to deal with someone treating me like shit and talking to me like I'm 13.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me!  I've been the twatwaffle the last few days, but my back is doing a smidge better today, so I'm trying to be better!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @0SeaMonkey0I am having a very similar situation. I'm already O-ing late for my cycle as is, plus I had a slight rise to 98.2 from 97.7 the previous day, but during the rest of my cycle I've been bouncing between 97.8 and 98.1 so it doesn't seem like a real temp rise. Just know that I completely understand. I keep blaming my self for botching my temping even though its been at 6am every day when I first wake up. TTC makes us crazy. 
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • @MrsDho11 we have missed you!!! Glad you're started to feel better!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @Kjcalloway My mother in law is seriously nuts too, so I feel your pain! I feel half bad saying it but I think that she really is just a bit touched in the head...touch as in with a brick....which caused her to be slow, rude and completely oblivious.

DH's family have been pretty worthless throughout his childhood,  to put it nicely. Parents divorced when he was about 8, MIL moved down south, FIL was pretty much a con man for lack of a better description. He only saw his mother once a year, at best, and that was only because he went down to see her at Christmas. Even though it is common knowledge that she wasn't around and knew nothing about what was going on with her child she continues to put on this act constantly patting herself on the back for being such a good mother "My children never went to daycare or a babysitter" Um...no you just let them in the house alone with no food for days at a time! "My children always went to the doctor and the dentist" Then why did my husband have a collarbone that had to be broken and reset 12 years after breaking it and crazy cavities when he finally was old enough to get his own health insurance?

Anyway, since we had our son, we have seen her much more, but only because we generally foot the bill to fly her up. Despite telling her she is always welcome to visit and paying for her flights and pretty much everything else during her visit, she will consistently complain that we never come to see her and she always suggests its because of me. To be clear, she lives in the middle of nowhere, only a gas station and a piggly wiggly anywhere close, she never took off from work when we would go down there, she doesn't maintain her home and lets the dog pee everywhere, so it is less than sanitary, no cable company has reached out to her home yet, so nothing to occupy our time. Despite this, she expects us to use the little time we have off from work to pay to fly three of us down there, rent a car and car seat, drive three hours to her house just to sit and stare at a wall. Neither of us thinks it is a good use of our money as we are trying to save for our family and would rather pay to have her come here, at least while our son is so young. We must explain this to her twice a month, that it has nothing to do with not wanting to see her.

Last night she called to tell us that she is going to her cousin's home in Virginia, half way to where we are, for Christmas and wants us to come. She will only be there for two nights, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and we have never met her cousin before. So, she wants us to drive six hours to a stranger's house on Christmas Eve with our 3 year old and have him spend Christmas Morning in a strange house, just to get back in the car and drive back that afternoon. We are apparently inconsiderate and don't do our part because we don't want to do this.

I'm sorry, but she is the one that left her child when he was just a little boy to live with someone who could barely care for himself. For 30 years if he didn't travel to her she wouldn't have seen him at all, and even now that she does travel, we offer to foot the bill to be kind and help her to see her grandchild more.  And, more than once, she has cashed in her ticket and changed the dates of her flight without asking us if that would be alright since we have to take off work for the time she is here, etc. Am I crazy or is she the inconsiderate one? I know it is a novel, but believe me, that doesn't even partially explain her! 

• @DCHokiemom you should tell them that you found that burning dog shit is ten times more effective at home cleansing than sage and admonish them for being bad mothers and not caring if their children go up in flames...while eating a straight brick of cream cheese...organic of course.

• My SIL is my twatwaffle right now. I love her dearly but she is diagnosed bipolar and refuses to take medication or do any other kind of steady treatment to get better.

She just kicked her fantastic boyfriend out of the house. Again. She's debating if she wants to try to reconcile with her abusive ex husband. Again.

Her highs and lows are exhausting all of us. If she doesn't want to take meds right out the gate, fine, but she won't see a counselor, she won't look into any alternative therapies, and expects all to just sit there and rehash the same conversations we've had with her since she left her husband and was diagnosed 2 years ago.

I just wish she'd get her head on straight so we could help her fix her life. She's a smart girl with a giant heart, when her disorder isn't getting in the way.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited November 2015
    Everybody is a twatwaffle today. I'm a twatwaffle for symptom spotting and convincing myself I was KU even though the odds were not in my favor. DS is a twatwaffle today because he lost a stupid tiny little Dollar Store snowman in Whole Foods and freaked the fuck out in the store. He laid down and refused to walk and I had to be that crazy lady carrying a Whole Foods bag, fireplace logs and a screaming toddler by the back of his coat. The dog is a twatwaffle because he won't stop jumping on top of the new furniture so he can see out the windows and bark and every truck that goes by. Is today over yet???

ETA: The "Dear Diary" girl on TTCAL is a twat too. Another horribly written, hard to understand post came up today and she feels alone. Well, maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't feel so alone if you supported others on TTCAL or participated in any threads besides your own!!! UGH!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Oh my goodness, @KDHB13 that really sucks. I totally read DS as DH at first though and was like, "what?! No way!"
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• My brother and his GF.  He is much older than me, and has never really had a steady job.   He was in the Navy for a short time, used his education benefits, got a job, but then decided he didn't like it.  So he had opportunities, he just doesn't stick with anything. 

He decided a couple weeks ago that he wants to have his own semi and trucking company.   He started a Gofundme so that he can purchase an existing company.   No one has contributed to it in 15 days, and he tags everyone in it on FB.   Yeah we know, and we don't want to take part. I just un-tag myself each time. 

DH and I have never asked for help from our families, if we wanted to expand our business we saved, worked extra jobs, took a loan from the bank.   But at those times you didn't see us buying the new boat, truck to pull it, taking excessive trips ect. 

Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• @CClark2014 Don't even get me started on people misusing GoFundMe. SIL just started one for herself to help offset costs of applying to grad school. Ummm... WTF? Put your big girl panties on and pay for applications and travel costs yourself! And if you can't afford to apply to and travel to 5 different grad school, then don't!!! Oh right, my ILs will probably just pay for her to go because that's how this usually goes.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited November 2015
    Ugh @kjcalloway and @Cclark2014.  For the most part, I hate gofundme.  Yes, there are honest people out there who can really benefit from it due to having something catastrophic happening.  But for the most part, it seems that it's used for people who don't want to step up and take responsibility for things they should be able to handle themselves, and expect others who are functioning, saving money, going to work, etc., to help them out.  Sorry, that's not how life works.  And if you don't have the balls to ask someone to their face for money, doing it by tagging everyone in a gofundme post on facebook is so not appropriate.

@KDHB13 - yes, she is totally driving me nuts as well.  I kind of feel bad for her because usually only like one person responds.  But that's just not how you use the board.
  • @KDHB13 lol I saw her post too, I didn't know "r" was an all-inclusive way of saying "are" and "our" :lol:
  • Mine is admittedly lame, but my washing machine (or, rather, our building's washing machine) drives me crazy.  It often takes 1.5 times longer than it says it will take to run a cycle.  Because there is only one in our building and it's shared, I try to do my laundry on days when I can get away with going into work late, because on weekends and evenings it is often in use and someone is always taking your stuff out so it's hard to get all of your loads done at once.  So I am trying to get my laundry done this morning (started at 8:30am) and so far I have had 3 loads run way over time.  I totally can't be late for work because I was using the laundry.  Come on, man.
  • Ugh, the gofundme people! I shit you not, I knew a girl who made a page asking for people to help to fund her $60,000 wedding and said it was because she wanted her mother to be able to attend. I understand wanting your mother to see your wedding if she is terminally ill, but it just felt so wrong to use that as the catalyst to get an insanely expensive wedding event instead of just having a smaller event, whatever they could. If the purpose was really having her mother there then I don't feel like I would care about having the expensive dress, venue flowers etc.
  • Some of my coworkers today. We have Thursday and Friday off so I was originally planning on working from home Mon/Tue/Wed as a nice way to ease into the long weekend, but I have a standing meeting every Tuesday with one of the teams I work with. Apparently, it was discussed in another one of their team meetings - that I wasn't at because I'm a helper and not a part of the team - to cancel this week's meeting. But they didn't cancel the calendar invite. So I sat in the conference room waiting for this meeting to start with another coworker for 10 minutes before we figured out the meeting was cancelled. Around 2:10 the calendar invite was finally cancelled, not that it mattered since everyone else already seemed to know it was.

So I hauled my ass into work just for a meeting today that didn't happen when I could've worn sweatpants and worked from my couch.

So disgruntled right now.

• While I love the idea, minimalist wardrobes, for invariably meaning I need to go buy MORE clothes that are the "right kind of" clothes.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• edited November 2015
    @DCHokieMom I think the most fascinating thing for me about the uber strict organic lifestyle parents is how they do it themselves. Like, okay I could force a child to only eat all the healthiest foods. Because it's a kid and they eat whatever I put it in the house. But I couldn't do that because I am weak and I am not a hypocrite. I would be forcing organic apples on my kid for a snack while I'm over here eating a DQ Blizzard (Reese's FWIW). 

Edited for spelling.

• Ashamed to say, I've been a bit of a twatwaffle lately, especially at work. Friday at work, my co workers were none too friendly and none to helpful. My co primary partners were oFF the weekend. Meanwhile, my nurse and I etched the halls together and busted ass all weekend. So when I went in last night, I was still a little angry at my partners for their behaviour Friday night. So one smart comment from my partner last night and I flew off the handle. When I'm mad, it's best just to walk away and leave me alone. So I seperated myself from them. Refusing to a knowledge their presence until 3 am this morning. I always help out, but last night I refused to help them with anything. Once I got through the shift and got home this morning, I realized by being this way, I was being no different from them. Had to have a little talk with myself and tell myself how big of an ass I was being. Even sent out an apology to my partner. Usaully my motto is kill me with kindness. Usually out of character for me to behave like I did.
  • DH is being a bit of a TW.... He gets super stressed out about buying Christmas presents. He overthinks it and is just overwhelmed. So I help. I send him an email with ideas for each of his extended family members he buys for. These are usually slightly generic gifts, so after only knowing these people a couple of years I am pretty sure the gifts I picked out are fine. All he has to do is give me the thumbs up and I will order them and have them shipped to the appropriate locations.

I have taken care of the gifts for my immediate family and extended family. We do a secret santa with my extended family because there is a lot of people. That way you only have to get one decent present for extended family members. I already took care of his secret Santa present. It's ordered, giftwrapped and will ship next week.

All he had left to do is my gift (and he has a list of ideas from the wish list website my family uses and I send him links when I see something that might be a good idea) and help me with the main gift for his dad as I have already been picking up small gifts for them throughout the year.

If anyone should be stressed about Xmas gifts it's me... What is his problem???
  • Someone that came into our office earlier today is a twatwaffle. Well, maybe not her as much as her slathered-on perfume. Normally, strong smells don't really bother me that much, but since I still haven't gotten over this cold, her perfume really got to me. I had a bit of a coughing fit and had to walk outside once I took her to see someone else. I feel like I can still taste it. Bleh.
  • **loss briefly mentioned**

I'm in the MIL Twatwaffle camp. She is legit nuts. DH told me on our second date and I thought he was being harsh and then I met her and it's been all down hill from there. She did her best to ruin our wedding, got completely smashed and made a fool of herself. We're hosting thanksgiving and I made DH promise not to bring up our recent MC because I know it will be turned around so that it's all about her and all that she will want to talk about all day. Last thanksgiving she went in my bathroom (private, master bath. Not the one for guests) and when I asked her what she needed she said she was going to throw away my BCP so she could have a grand child. It's a miracle I'm not in prison.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @DCHokieMom I think the most fascinating thing for me about the uber strict organic lifestyle parents is how they do it themselves. Like, okay I could force a child to only eat all the healthiest foods. Because it's a kid and they eat whatever I put it in the house. But I couldn't do that because I am weak and I am not a hypocrite. I would be forcing organic apples on my kid for a snack while I'm over here eating a DQ Blizzard (Reese's FWIW). 

Edited for spelling.
    AMEN.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • This day is a Twatwaffle. Mostly because it's Tuesday and I want it to be Thanksgiving already. Tuesday, why are you not Thursday yet?!

Also, my office is half empty, and I keep getting stupid questions. I just want the long weekend. #firstworldproblems

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MRSCORKER Sorry about the MIL problems - that sounds awful! Both times we found out we were pregnant, we told our families around 6-8 weeks and asked them not to tell anyone until we were ready and gave them the go ahead. Both times, MIL told EVERYONE she knew. During my second pregnancy, I went to a cookout at her house and I knew something was wrong and I had a feeling I was in the process of a loss. Every.single.woman at the party came up and congratulated me on the pregnancy when they shouldn't have know in the first place. Talk about awkward. About a month or so after I lost the baby, MIL was visiting for the first time (I completely ignored her for a good few weeks because I was so mad) and she goes, "So sorry about the MC. I gotta tell you, I was totally bummed out and in a real funk for a few days when I found out." Really? Really, woman? Way to make it all about you.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• So this BSC teacher in my hallway STOLE copies I had made for an art project and proceeded to use them for her turkey art project.  MY COPIES ARE HANGING ON HER WALL!  WTF?
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• KDHB13 said:
    @MRSCORKER Sorry about the MIL problems - that sounds awful! Both times we found out we were pregnant, we told our families around 6-8 weeks and asked them not to tell anyone until we were ready and gave them the go ahead. Both times, MIL told EVERYONE she knew. During my second pregnancy, I went to a cookout at her house and I knew something was wrong and I had a feeling I was in the process of a loss. Every.single.woman at the party came up and congratulated me on the pregnancy when they shouldn't have know in the first place. Talk about awkward. About a month or so after I lost the baby, MIL was visiting for the first time (I completely ignored her for a good few weeks because I was so mad) and she goes, "So sorry about the MC. I gotta tell you, I was totally bummed out and in a real funk for a few days when I found out." Really? Really, woman? Way to make it all about you.
    Oh, HELLLLLLLL NO. Why are they so awful?!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @DCHokieMom I'm LOLing so hard at the organic pajamas part of your post! I see those posts a lot! I get the gripe with the flame retardant chemicals in the loose fitting pjs (I won't buy those for DS because I'm kind of freaked out by that) but why not just buy the tight fit ones that don't have the flame retardant in them? Why would these moms rather pay upwards of $30 on organic pjs when they don't have to? 

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• MRSCORKER said:
    **loss briefly mentioned** I'm in the MIL Twatwaffle camp. She is legit nuts. DH told me on our second date and I thought he was being harsh and then I met her and it's been all down hill from there. She did her best to ruin our wedding, got completely smashed and made a fool of herself. We're hosting thanksgiving and I made DH promise not to bring up our recent MC because I know it will be turned around so that it's all about her and all that she will want to talk about all day. Last thanksgiving she went in my bathroom (private, master bath. Not the one for guests) and when I asked her what she needed she said she was going to throw away my BCP so she could have a grand child. It's a miracle I'm not in prison.
    What. The. Hell?! MIL definitely sounds like a TW! Hope things turn out ok for Thanksgiving!
    Me: 30 Him: 31
    Married since: September 2011
    TTC #1 since: February 2015
    Fur baby: Our 10 MO black lab Gunner. Love him to pieces!
  • Mother Nature is a twatwaffle. There's supposed to be an ice storm on Thursday, which would make traveling unsafe for family coming from an hour away, so we decided to celebrate on Friday instead. It's totally the right call, and family safety is more important than celebrating on the actual holiday, but I'm still a little bummed. We had fun plans for Friday with DH's brothers that we'll have to cancel/rework.