December 2015 Moms
Options

Throat is killing me - ugh

Been healthy the whole time - until now. Congestion and sore throat - Sudafed (dr. Approved) helping with congestion but throat really hurts. Doing salt water gargle, neti pot to help with sinuses, camomile tea... Any other suggestions to help ease sore throat? Sleeping tonight is going to be a bear.

Re: Throat is killing me - ugh

• Options
    Endless tea and ricolas helped me too. Sorry, what a crappy time to be sick! Get well soon!
  • Options

OMG me too, I got to the point I knew it wasn't going away on its own before my last OB appt, so my doctor prescribed some stuff to help me kick it--but it continued to get worse for the first 2 days on the prescriptions, they finally started working today.

I believe in diet coke (or coke zero) if I feel a sore throat coming because coke eats anything--and I figure making it sugar free means I am not providing a food source to whatever I'm trying to fight off. I drink 12-24oz per day for 1-5 days. I started diet coke for sore throats after my doctor in college told me to gargle diet coke when salt water wasn't clearing up a sore throat (she'd already put me on antibiotics for).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Apparently marshmallows are great for soothing a sore throat as well
  • Options
    Ugh me too! Woke up this morning and throat is killing me!
    Tea with honey and a bit of lemon really helps though. Hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    This has been me this week also, to the point where I can't sleep cause I can't swallow! 
  • Options
    I've had allergies and sinuses like crazy, and that's caused my sore throat. I've been drinking Sprite and tea, eating soups(when I have it around! Lol), and having cough drops around. Normally, hot tea and cough drops does the trick for me!
  • Options
    I just got some more cough/throat drops today. I'd like to try the Coke suggestion - that sounds interesting. Marshmallows?? Wonder why that is. I'll try anything at this point. Hope everyone else feels better soon too!
  • Options
    My almost 4 year shared his cold with me last week. I'm 38 weeks 4 days and it is horrible. I have my regular OB appointment this afternoon, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice from her. My family has a remedy that has always worked in the past, but it involves drinking lemon juice, hot water, honey and whiskey. Clearly that remedy is not an option right now. I just need some relief. I've been substituting peppermint tea for the whiskey. It helps but is definitely not the same.
  • Options

Not sure about marshmallows, but marshmallow root (found in most sore throat teas) is very good for it, as it Slippery Elm. I love the Slippery Elm cough drops. Do you have a humidifier too?

• Options
    That sucks honey, feel better. If you got a humidifier for baby get it set up and running near your bedside. I feel fine all day but around bedtime I start to get congested. The humidifier has been a god send... it might be tricky giving it up when baby needs it. lols
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using the humidifier at night and it helps a little bit. Doing neti pot 1-3 times a day still. I started to feel better yesterday but the sore throat is back today. My ears are starting to pop now - might have to give in and go to Dr. Thanks for all the ideas!!