November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• mcdoug211 said:

Been in active labor since 7 this morning I'm 6 cm and have been told it could still be a few hours...

I am so hungry I would eat my own got if I could reach it! I'm also bored out of my mind and all I can think of is french fries

Good luck!!!
  • 40 weeks today and had a doctors appt. She said I'm a "roomy 1" so bigger than a 1 but not quite a 2 lol. She did another sweep and seems to think labor will come on it's own before my scheduled induction which is a week from today. I sure hope so! I'm ready to meet our LO. Hang in there everybody. We are onto the final countdown! :) 

I don't really find the sweeps painful. My doc said I had a high pain tolerance (news to me.) I mean, it wasn't a great time but I didn't find it painful either. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Cornstarch7Cornstarch7 member
    edited November 2015

41+3 today. I've had a low backache since yesterday evening. Doctor appointment later for NST and ultrasound to see if doc will recommend induction or not. Will be asking for membrane sweep if it's not time to induce yet.

41 + 3. Well, ultrasound and NST shows a very healthy babe. My cervix is completely closed still so I wasn't able to get a membrane sweep. Going into L&D for another NST on Friday morning and will go from there. Doctor recommends waiting until at least next Monday before inducing.
  • Lost my mucus plug! Anyone want a pic?! ;)
    Going to go for a long walk tonight! Crossing my fingers!
  • Okay guys, whats the deal. I have had literally the worst skin EVER since I got pregnant. I thought it would get better after I delivered but its worse! Does anyone have any suggestions? My poor chest is scarred from the breakouts, its horrible and making me feel so disgusting.
  • sadyy131 said:

To get a sweep or not to get a sweep today.. That is the question. Even though I know labor will be a thousand times more painful then a sweep, I'm scared of the pain!

My midwife hasn't offered a sweep and I haven't asked but I am totally terrified of it also!
    38w6d, just got a sweep. It was uncomfortable and I had to ask her to stop. Got to 3cm then and there and now having pretty tough contractions. Guess we'll see if it was worth it!

If she doesn't show up tomorrow I'll likely go back for another, as I don't want to go to the hospital this weekend without any of my regular midwives or wait until a Monday induction.
  • Okay guys, whats the deal. I have had literally the worst skin EVER since I got pregnant. I thought it would get better after I delivered but its worse! Does anyone have any suggestions? My poor chest is scarred from the breakouts, its horrible and making me feel so disgusting.

Give it some time, you still have a lot of pregnancy hormones running through you... I love using witch hazel on my skin. I get Thayer's brand specifically though. It has no alcohol in it, and aloe vera. I love the cucumber one. It's so refreshing and clean feeling. I have weird combination oily skin with several dry spots but this is very evening for my skin tone.
  • Due to be induced on Tuesday. Nervous but hoping I fall into labor before . That way I can labor most at home . I stay a hour away from the hospital so I don't think I'll risk waiting too long since this is my 5th and usually once labor starts they are out withing 3 hours . Gone hoolahoop and do squats tonight w/ DH . Might even dance a little . Just want this baby out ! 39 weeks 2day !
  • 39w and 6d- woke up twice last night with bad lower back pain but pain subsided(didn't dissappear) after 15 mins or so of being up and about. Had serious hopes for more happening today but besides the lower back pain and random tightning of my stomach...nothing. I thought I had a contraction at 4pm but nothing since. Just got back from a long walk with my dog and only tightening to show for it. 40week appt tomorrow and first biophysical check for placental health. Will discuss a sweep or will wait til Friday for a sweep. Praying and hoping for more of something tonight.
  • 40+3 today. Still pregnant, still working, still NO signs of labor! NST and AFI tomorrow, sadly I'm really hoping the full moon brings on my labor. That's how desperate I am!!
  • AW - The "drop watch" is really killing me at this point. Please everyone, I know I haven't dropped and you telling me everytime you see me isn't helping. I'm just going to keep walking..... :)

I've had a lot of women tell me that they've never dropped. Some people just don't, so don't feel discouraged! It doesn't mean anything. :)
    I have people telling me "I don't know you still look pretty comfortable to me" sooo irritating as if they know how I feel. Lol I do have a basketball belly, but that doesn't mean it's comfy! Good Lord
  • Today's my due date and yesterday the doctor basically said he thinks I'll end up being induced, which sucks because I felt like I was making progress. Just scrubbed my bathroom (for the 3rd time in the past two weeks) top to bottom on my hands and knees. I started feeling contractions so now I'm going on a cleaning rampage
  • Officially being induced Friday at 830am at 41 weeks of baby doesn't show up before then. I'm so excited to meet baby girl.
  • Had a sweep this morning. It wasn't particularly painful but I left the room feeling really emotional! I think I'd maybe expected to hear something encouraging, but instead the Dr said I'm only 1cm with a posterior cervix and she explained the whole induction process ready for induction at 40+6.
    I really want to go into labour on my own and use the birth centre, so I've been throwing my own little pity party today.
  • Had a sweep this morning. It wasn't particularly painful but I left the room feeling really emotional! I think I'd maybe expected to hear something encouraging, but instead the Dr said I'm only 1cm with a posterior cervix and she explained the whole induction process ready for induction at 40+6.
    I really want to go into labour on my own and use the birth centre, so I've been throwing my own little pity party today.

Sounds almost exactly like me! Had my sweep today, 1 cm, and posterior. I'm not feeling too confident anything is going to come of it! I have had some light cramping but that's it... :(

Sounds almost exactly like me! Had my sweep today, 1 cm, and posterior. I'm not feeling too confident anything is going to come of it! I have had some light cramping but that's it... :(
    It's kinda nice to hear I'm not the only one. I hadn't realised how much I'd got my hopes up until I left the room! I had DS at 41+3 but my induction deadline (due to GD) means I need to go earlier with this one. For now I'm just trying to stay positive, bouncing on my ball and thinking about the day I can eat chocolate again!
  • Kern91 said:

Well I'm with some of you ladies here I will be getting induced starting tomorrow morning at 6:00. This is my 3rd and he just does not want to leave me! I tried so many things over the past week/weekend to get things rolling but nothing. I'm nervous to get induced because they do a different method now at the hospital and I was induced with my first child so now it's going into it not knowing what the hell to expect.

My only question is the doctor told me if there is no room for me to come in and get induced in the morning they would call me but when do you think that would be? Would they call late this evening or really early in the morning before 6:00am when I should be getting admitted?

I was suppose to be induced on Thursday morning , I was admitted on Friday at 4pm.

Usually if they don't hAve room they will ask you to call back in a few hours. After that it depends on the hospital , our said they would call us as soon as a room opened. We gave permission for them to call us 24/7 even middle of the night.

• AW - The "drop watch" is really killing me at this point. Please everyone, I know I haven't dropped and you telling me everytime you see me isn't helping. I'm just going to keep walking..... :)

I've had a lot of women tell me that they've never dropped. Some people just don't, so don't feel discouraged! It doesn't mean anything. :)
    I have people telling me "I don't know you still look pretty comfortable to me" sooo irritating as if they know how I feel. Lol I do have a basketball belly, but that doesn't mean it's comfy! Good Lord
    I've been dropped for about two weeks (40+6 today), baby's head is right up against my cervix and super uncomfortable. Dropping apparently isn't a good indicator of labor starting, either!

Had a sweep today, which really sucked balls, and now I definitely feel crampy, especially while walking. Let's hope the pain was worth it! NST and ultrasound say baby's in good shape, so I'm scheduled for induction at 41+6 if nothing happens this week.

• It's kinda nice to hear I'm not the only one. I hadn't realised how much I'd got my hopes up until I left the room! I had DS at 41+3 but my induction deadline (due to GD) means I need to go earlier with this one. For now I'm just trying to stay positive, bouncing on my ball and thinking about the day I can eat chocolate again!

Same here on getting my hopes up! I just cried for a minute because I'm feeling so frustrated. I'm sure I will be back to positivity soon but jeez this being overdue thing is tough. Good luck!!
  • Is it normal for a baby not to drop until usually hours before labor . Gosh this little boy is stubborn . Head still at -2 . But bladder feel like it's about to explode all day long . Here's to posterior babies and all the back pain they bring !
  • I'm 40 weeks 5 days today. Had a sweep yesterday and felt some cramping afterwards but nothing today. Just beyond tired inspite of sleeping a lot. I really wanted to avoid induction but my hospital's policy is to do it at 41 weeks so if this baby doesn't arrive before Thursday then induction it will be. Trying to stay positive but with the lethargy, hemrroids and constant calls/messages asking if the baby is here yet, I'm feeling rather grumpy :/. Just can't wait to have this baby in my arms!
  • AW comment - and you can just ignore... but I need to vent and there's no one I can vent to.

I feel like this babt is never coming out (as I'm sure all of you do). I'm miserable and hormonal and all I've wanted to do for the past two weeks is cry. I'm still working, and in super bitch mode there, and I'm sick of the office taking bets on when baby will "fall out." YES THEY'RE USING THAT TERMINOLOGY. Ugh. And to top it all off, the OB doesn't seem to think she'll come before her induction date. I knew I was on the schedule for the 30th but I just found out that it's for 7pm! ... I'm not having a baby until December, probably...
    I can't take it anymore. I just want to lay in bed and cry and my in laws are in town so I can't because I have to be social, or else they think I'm being rude.
    My sanity is getting a run for its money.... haha.
    Also... when I said that I couldnt tell if it was my water leaking or swamp ass... apparently it was swamp ass. Lol
  • @kwaldy We are spirit animals! I'm in the same boat you are, almost to the T. Except my MIL lives here and is c-r-a-z-y! I'm over going to work every day and hearing the same shit! I just want this baby to get here, I cry every night over the stress everyone seems to have put on me. Like it's up to start my labor. I'm sick of "have you tried this?" and " you need to do this!" Induction on Monday but I won't know the time until tomorrow. Good luck and maybe that full moon tomorrow will help us out!!
  • @kwaldy We are spirit animals! I'm in the same boat you are, almost to the T. Except my MIL lives here and is c-r-a-z-y! I'm over going to work every day and hearing the same shit! I just want this baby to get here, I cry every night over the stress everyone seems to have put on me. Like it's up to start my labor. I'm sick of "have you tried this?" and " you need to do this!" Induction on Monday but I won't know the time until tomorrow. Good luck and maybe that full moon tomorrow will help us out!!

If someone else asks me if I tried a long walk, I will scream! Lol. Good luck to you too. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for the both of us :)
  • Yes the constant check up calls, texts, FB posts are really annoying. I know they mean well, but I'm just done at this point! And I just found out my in laws who are in town and were planning on staying until Sunday are now leaving Thursday. I feel so sorry for my DH. His Mom has pretty much ignored our entire pregnancy and hasn't said a word about our soon to be LO. I'm ok with them not being at the hospital, but I think it will hurt him :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel all of you ladies.. My doctor was so discouraging yesterday and made it seem like there's no way this baby can come before induction date (December 1st). I literally went home and cried. I know that induction can be a great thing, but I'm so scared from all the horror stories I've heard. And I've literally tried everything, obviously except castor oil. I'm miserable and everytime I think she's going to come, she fakes me out! Ugh sorry end rant.
  • How's this for a rollercoaster... (Rant)
    In the beginning of my pregnancy, my midwife told me my due date was November 30th, which makes total sense.

When I got my 20 week scan, the OB said he was measuring two weeks early and to come back again in a month to make sure. So we did that and he confirmed he was measuring two weeks early. So they moved my due date to November 14th so that if I did go into labor, it was safe for me to deliver outside of hospital (delivering at a birth center).

Well here I am at 41+3 and just got back from my midwife's and she checked me for the first time and was going to sweep me if my cervix was soft enough. Well it was still semi posterior and not dilated. She definitely thinks we were right in the beginning with the November 30th due date! And so do I because I know exactly when I got pregnant, exactly when I ovulate, exactly how long my cycle is. My body is like a clock. So I'm supposed to technically schedule a biophysical but my midwife told me to make it for a week or two into December so then hopefully I can cancel when I have the baby! Lol

I am just so disappointed with the medical model. That OB just decided since he's "measuring two weeks early" that they were going to change my due date... That doesn't even make sense because of when I got pregnant! And I've been starting to worry like is my LO okay? Here the 30th was right all along.. So here I sit trying to prepare to be pregnant til at least the 30th.. Sigh

Sorry for the rant. But I hope this makes someone feel better! Lol
  • The calls text and work talk are definitely driving me nuts. I own a dance studio and I literally have dance moms texting me the most obscene questions, advice, ect. at all hours of the day and night. Stress bag over here... Ugh
  • I've got a week left for this kid to make a move, but scheduling my induction for December 1 definitely makes it more real.  Had a good cry in the car on the way home from my appointment (and membrane sweep, owwwwwww!), and then stopped to get a frappuchino to make myself feel better.  Feeling so disappointed in my body, and so frustrated at having tried basically everything to get things moving at this point.  Baby is healthy and way too comfy in there.  
  • Is it normal for a baby not to drop until usually hours before labor . Gosh this little boy is stubborn . Head still at -2 . But bladder feel like it's about to explode all day long . Here's to posterior babies and all the back pain they bring !

When I got to the hospital after my water broke I was 5 cm dilated and he was still at a -3. I wouldn't place too much importance on how low he is in regards to how long it will be until he comes.
  • For those annoyed by the 'you haven't dropped' comments, I got them daily until my induction despite the fact that I was at a +1 for three weeks (OB was amazed I didn't go on my own with her being so low so long). People just feel the need to comment because you're pregnant and nothing is off limits (sarcasm). Keep your heads up, despite her being +1 I only ever got to 1/50% on my own and still had an amazing induction process as a FTM. You can do it ladies!
  • Oh my goodness I love you all right now.

@alyssaleighw I'm on the same boat as you are, my original dd was the 30th, and at about 35 weeks my OB (who I was just meeting) decided to change it to the 19th. I was nervous because I really didn't want them to push induction. They did for awhile, but was really adamant and they kind of left it alone. I am scheduled for NST on Thanksgiving when I will be 41 weeks. Hopefully all is well and baby decides to come on it's own. I just feel like the 30th was a much better estimate, which means hypothetically baby could have been hanging out in womb a couple weeks into December! I don't know what to think, but my gut is saying just wait it out was long as all is good.

I just want to be alone and am tired and ready and there are so many people in the house and I feel obligated to hang around constantly when really I just want to watch movies and read and mellow out. My SO is distant and grouchy lately and I just badly want some affection. He's been working like crazy, 8 days in a row now, 10+ hours. He will have Thanksgiving off. But maybe just that one day.

Days just dragging by, no matter what.

• candicekutz18candicekutz18 member
    edited November 2015
    @alyssaleighw I'm in a very similar situation my first initial due date was the 26th and they changed it to the 18th I was measuring small my whole pregnancy and now here 40+6 no sign of baby they want to Induce and I feel terribly trapped (wanted a natural unmediated intervention free birth) when realistically if they kept my first initial due date I technically wouldn't even be 40 weeks yet just a little bit discouraging
  • kmd91 said:

Is it normal for a baby not to drop until usually hours before labor . Gosh this little boy is stubborn . Head still at -2 . But bladder feel like it's about to explode all day long . Here's to posterior babies and all the back pain they bring !

When I got to the hospital after my water broke I was 5 cm dilated and he was still at a -3. I wouldn't place too much importance on how low he is in regards to how long it will be until he comes.
    Good to know . Sounds like a crazy question but I had no clue they can take so long to drop . Well now my nerves are calmer knowing he will drop when he is ready even if it means not till a few cm before he is born !
  • Kind of random, but not quite sure how things work like this...I am now going to Labor and Delivery for my nst on Thanksgiving morning at 41 weeks. Do you think they would do a membrane sweep there?.. I know it's probably not completely answerable as it is a different situation for everyone. Is this a procedure they might do though, or is this more of a doctor in office thing?..
  • @MercyC1130 omg so glad to know I'm not alone! And yes! Trust your gut! Maybe we will have our babies on the same day! :)
  • Just curious if anyone has experienced tailbone pressure recently? This started last night before we went to bed, thinking I just had to make a bm, took care of that ( sorry tmi ) and then we went to bed. I woke up to use the bathroom and the pressure is there accompanied by a few contractions. I'm a little worried it's a sign of back labor?? Any experiences?

We have an appointment today so I plan on asking the Doctor then but would love to here some similar stories/experiences in the meantime!