June 2016 Moms
Options

An actual sex thread

Disclaimer: If you don't want to read sex questions and answers then this probably isn't the thread for you :)

Well I am gonna go for it.
We are coming up on second trimester, aka the trimester of great sex (for most people). What positions have you ladies found are particularly great during pregnancy? I had zero sex drive my entire previous pregnancy, but that is definitely not the case this time. I'm hoping you ladies have some good ideas for switching it up a little before we all get too huge.

Re: An actual sex thread

• Options
    Yes! Love this thread. :)

Always been a fan of sex from behind and it's been a good one so far in my pregnancy. Also being on top has been nice since there is virtually no pressure on my belly. Just a little tricky getting over some of my self consciousness around my blump....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    joose159 said:

Yes! Love this thread. :)

Always been a fan of sex from behind and it's been a good one so far in my pregnancy. Also being on top has been nice since there is virtually no pressure on my belly. Just a little tricky getting over some of my self consciousness around my blump....
    Same. I can't stand the pressure if he's on top, and I hate being on top because I feel like a giant (even though DH is 6'7" and medium build) I guess I'm not very creative lol. Although I will add a disclaimer that I am very firmly in the "get that thing away from me, look what you did to me" camp. Poor DH haha.
  • Options
    Same here, I'm usually wiped out by 830 or so and by the time we get to bed around 9 or 915 it's lights out. Either has to happen right we when get home, or in the morning. I haven't experienced Amy discomfort yet, but I'm sure it's to come. Glad someone is finally addressing these questions though!
  • Options
    No sex drive my first pregnancy... None so far this time either. Poor husband!! I want to want to have sex!
  • Options
    I only want to have sex in the early afternoon. It makes me cranky since DH works and we have two little kids running around. When I'm huge I prefer it from behind. It's more comfortable, and I'm less self conscious than if I'm on top.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have almost zero sex drive right now. I hope it is a first trimester thing because DH and I were 3-4 times a weekers before... sigh.

We have been big fans of shower sex lately, it's convenient and makes for easy clean up!

• Options
    I love this!  I don't have the energy for sex much right now.  I'm hoping in the 2nd trimester my energy will go up.  I am like a lot of you I like to be on top because I can control the pressure, but it's also not to much pressure from behind either.  Honestly we go with whatever is comfortable.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me:23  DH:26
    Married: 6/7/14
    DS: 3/19/12
    Baby #2: June 2016
  • Options
    OMG I have ZERO sex drive right now!  DH doesn't understand and gets so frustrated. I am hoping it turns around soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Like a few other ladies, I literally have no sex drive right now...& it doesn't help that I feel so fat & gross. I sincerely hope that changes soon. Luckily DH has been super understanding, but he's got to be getting frustrated (even I am).
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    SO happy I'm not alone! I thought pregnancy was supposed to increase your sex drive. Mine went from pretty high to non-existent. I don't even think about sex now. I was shocked when I realized it had been over 2 weeks since the last time! (And we're still newlyweds!) Usually if I go this long I'm definitely feeling it but I'm totally cool with not even bothering now. 
    Hoping things pick up in the second trimester.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I felt so alone last pregnancy when I had no sex drive! I felt like every book I read said "enjoy sex because you are supposed to be loving it right now!" And I was just there thinking, something must be wrong with me. But I'm glad to know m to know I wasn't as alone as I felt, although bummed so many of us feel repulsed by it.

I'm thinking we will probably do it from behind a lot more for the same reasons a lot of you ladies listed. I also feel like I'm going to crush him when I'm on top. We've been doing it sitting and it feels like a good compromise- I can still control pressure, I feel a little less self conscious of my belly, and it makes me feel like I'm less likely to crush him (although it's probably all in my head lol).
  • Options
    Oh and @gray51015 is it weird that I have been afraid of shower sex ever since I watched that downton abbey episode where Cora slips on the soap getting out of the tub and loses her baby?! Maybe I'll have to get over it because the easier cleanup does sound appealing ha.
  • Options

@itsbronte I completely forgot about that episode! Eek! Just don't leave your soap on the floor! I bet DH looks at me like I'm nuts next time double checking for slipping hazards. Haha

• Options
    Love the name ;)

I am in the no sex drive while pregnat camp but I do give in because H gets cranky when I don't. I've found once my blump/bump gets too big the best position for us is on our sides with him behind. I will occasionally be on top but it's hard with a huge belly and just makes me feel awkward.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    I'll let you know once we start having sex again ;)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    My drive is just starting to come back. Last night, well... afternoon, I was laying in bed nursing a headache and my only thought was. "I want sex". After dinner and after I disgested, I didn't care how shitty I felt, I was determined! So I walked out in something sexy, which was scary cause I have a belly now, and just turned it on. Got the job done but got one hell of a migraine afterwards. Serves me right? Ugh
  • Options
    I am so glad I'm not the only one that has no sex drive right now. During my previous pregnancies I wanted it all the time but at this point in this pregnancy between the bloating and breakouts I feel really unattractive. Hopefully that will change as I get closer to the second trimester.
  • Options
    My issue is I really want to have sex but I'm SO sick it just can't happen! I lucked out with DH because if he asks and I say no he understands and is more than happy to cuddle! Poor guy hasn't gotten any for a while... I have realised though that the big O happens a lot faster and is fantastic with all these extra hormones and sensitivity!
  • Options
    @msuzannah that's how I've been feeling!

I'm usually exhausted or nauseous and by the time I'm not it's so late at night that DH needs to get sleep for work the next day and we can't. When we have pulled it off though (maybe 1x/week now?) the big O has been much easier to come by and has been that much more amazing!

We've mostly it with DH on top, and for now it feels good still. I don't have much of a bump/blump so I want to take advantage while I can. When I can't, bring on the sitting, him behind, and me on top! (Maybe with lights off for body nerves. Or sexy top?)

Good luck everyone! You should push yourself to try if you can bc the rewards are amazing! :)
  • Options
    I go to bed bed at 830pm and dream about sex, does that count?
    omg this is my life. I woke up at 2am the other night from a sex dream and heard DH still up. thought I'd just go to the bathroom and then go see him (we sleep in separate rooms...I have a very sexy, romantic life) but then after I peed I was like actually, I'm just gonna go back to sleep. Sorry honey. 
  • Options
    We shamefully haven't had sex yet this pregnancy, but last pregnancy, we enjoyed DH standing at the edge of the bed while I laid on the bed. We prefer missionary so it was the most comfortable way to do it without the bump in the way.
    We have vowed that we will have sex while he's on break for Thanksgiving! I'm starting to finally be interested. Yay 2nd tri!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't had sex since we found out and the doctor said not until the 2nd trimester. Next Friday can't come fast enough.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• Options
    @cdnrunning lol, omg so exactly that.
  • Options
    Sex? What is sex? Dh and I rarely get time and/or we aren't tired. He works 3rd and I work 8-5 so we barely see eachother let alone have any time for extra curriculars. I call this babe our one in a million shot. We had sex once that month (which is normal/above normal)
  • Options

I go to bed bed at 830pm and dream about sex, does that count?

omg this is my life. I woke up at 2am the other night from a sex dream and heard DH still up. thought I'd just go to the bathroom and then go see him (we sleep in separate rooms...I have a very sexy, romantic life) but then after I peed I was like actually, I'm just gonna go back to sleep. Sorry honey. 

This made me laugh. I thought I was the only one who slept in a separate room from my hubby! With our work schedules and his crazy snoring, it's just easier. Glad I'm not alone!
  • Options
    And I had yet another sex dream. I mean who needs to have real sex? I'm having it multiple nights a weeks in my dreams :) In all seriousness though, I can't wait until I get my energy back. I am the picture of lame right now.
  • Options
    With nursing and getting pregnant back-to-back, my sex drive has been pretty much non-existent for a looooong time now. Can't wait for the second trimester- sex when I was pregnant with DS was the best. sex. ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 10/25/13. EDD: 06/18/14. Confirmed MC: 11/06/13.

BFP #2: 3/31/14. EDD: 12/2/14 Born: 12/9/14

BFP #3: 10/5/15 EDD: 6/10/16 Born: 6/13/16

BFP #4: 8/20/15 EDD: 4/26/18
  • Options
    My sex drive has been ok, still getting it in a couple times (2-3) a week. Definitely not the same as pre pregnancy though, and my last pregnancy was he same. Oh well my body's way of saying mission accomplished lol
  • Options
    My sex drive can't make up its mind. Either I want it and am too sick to do anything about it or I feel fine but have zero interest in it. It's infuriating.
  • Options
    My husband won't have sex with me since at 9 weeks we did and I bled after. I know this is normal, but he is freaked out. Any advice on how to make him more comfortable?!? I'm just over 13 weeks now and can't imagine no sex for the next 27 weeks!!!!
  • Options
    @stephschmit12 -- Shower sex? Put a towel down? Is he freaked out by blood or irrationally worried about the baby feeling it?
  • Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited November 2015
    Pretty sure @summerfunxo is a descendent from some kind of sex goddess. ;) No way could I keep up that schedule right now. Or any schedule. When will it be 2nd tri already?!
  • Options
    stephschmit12stephschmit12 member
    edited November 2015
    @catherinekate He's worried about hurting the baby. We had our first ultrasound last week and the baby is perfect. But he is still panicked.
  • Options
    Ugh hubby is giving me the eye and I'm like stuffed with turkey and baby and I haven't even trimmed things up in a while. I was a horn-dog before this pregnancy! What happened??
    DH + Me 12/2011
    DD 3/2012
    Baby on the way June 2016 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Soooo the boyfriend was bringing me home from a day full of Thanksgiving dinners and I made him pull over and we had sex in the freaking car. First of all, I so don't do this and secondly he was like where did this come from. 2nd trimester isn't too bad too me. Lol. Now today, I can't figure out how that happened because I'm absolutely repulsed by the idea of having sex again. He was just happy to finally get a little after mo the of me being in pain and irritated.
  • Options
    My husband won't have sex with me since at 9 weeks we did and I bled after. I know this is normal, but he is freaked out. Any advice on how to make him more comfortable?!? I'm just over 13 weeks now and can't imagine no sex for the next 27 weeks!!!!
    Have him come to an appt & ask the doc to reassure him?
  • Options
    My sex drive has definitely dipped, but now that I'm in the second trimester, I can't wait for it to come back!
    We tried to do the deed today but it was right before I took a nap and it did NOT work out :( I want the sexy time!!