1st Trimester

Slight spotting

Hello all! I am 6w2d pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. I have a tiny bit of spotting but no other symptoms. I wouldn't even call it spotting but more like a little blood tinged (dark) discharge and no other symptoms such as cramping. I have read that this can be normal but I would like to know to how many of you this has happened and perhaps what your OB told you. Because this is an IVF (frozen embryo) pregnancy, I am being closely monitored. It's been 2 wks since my last appt and I have my first ultrasound in a few days. I will certainly bring up my concerns about this to the OB at time as well.
Thank you

Re: Slight spotting

• I would definitely tell your ob about that. I don't want to scare or stress you out or anything but I had bright red blood at 8 weeks and had a miscarriage about a year ago. BUT you did say it was dark which usually doesn't mean anything, usually dark blood or brown discharge is old and was trapped in there for a little while. It could just be from when the egg attached itself to the wall. And if it's not much then there's no need to be concerned. Only a certain amount should be concerning. Your ob should tell you all of this whenever you see him/her. I'm sure you've read other women's opnions online and I'm sure they've said the same things but like I said I don't want to scare you ot anything. Do not stress over it or anything this early on. Congrats and I hope nothing but the best for you. (:
  • Spotting is totally normal unless you soak a pad. Talk to your RE about it when you have your next appointment. Was the spotting after sex or exercise? Hang in there mama!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker