High-Risk Pregnancy

Heparin and IUGR

this is my third pregnancy- my others have been perfect, this time I saw a mfm in the first trimester due to a prothrombin mutation and after much deliberation decided to do heparin shots. Part of the mfm's concern was that my second child was about half a pound smaller than my first. Anyways, at my anatomy scan baby measured a little small and had choroid plexus cysts so they ordered follow up. He measured small again at 27 weeks (25th I believe) and now at 32 I followed up with the mfm and he is at 11th with elevated placental readings so borderline IUGR. Obviously, this is what we were hoping to avoid by doing the heparin. I have been ordered lots of regular tests to monitor his well being and growth as well as a couple blood tests to try to determine why my babies are getting smaller as well as the progenity (???) to hopefully rule out genetic problems- though if it's positive it could explain things as well- plus encouraged to rest, drink tons of fluids, and to stop breastfeeding my toddler to hopefully encourage some growth. Anyways, my husband is kind of anti extra interventions and wants to blame the heparin. I told him that doesn't make sense since the point of the heparin is to avoid these things not cause them- clearly something else must be going on right? Just wondering if anyone has additional insight or has experienced IUGR while also doing heparin treatment? Thanks!

Re: Heparin and IUGR