July 2016 Moms
Options

Names!

Re: Names!

• Options
    KASGKASG member
    edited November 2015
    jlgriff11 said:
    Well since my big news today- we have to pick out some more names, just in case we get two of the same sex. Any ideas what goes with Mollie and Grayson?

@jlgriff11 Holly and Jason? (I love the name Jason btw...just sayin)

Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    No name ideas here whatsoever. We have three boys ready named James Mathieu (goes by Mathieu), Everett William, and Charles Gregory. If we have another boy we might be in trouble. We really don't want to use any of the same initials so any name that starts with a J, M, E, W, C, or G is out.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I recently let DH hack up my list and this is what's left. Girl mn will be Ruth, boy mn will be Daniel. Girls: Raina/Reina Caroline Willow Lucy Cordelia Alice Isla Boys: Abel Gibson Atticus Linus Mercer Booker Marshall Theodore
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited November 2015
    We've 90% decided that if it is a boy, the name will be Alexander James. Other boy names we considered were Nicholas, Rowan, and Bradley.

If its a girl, we're still undecided. We have a short list but it could be added to or taken away at any time:

Emily
    Janessa 
    Christina 
    Alexandra/Alexandria 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Cora but husband said no :( he's a fan of long names that can have many nicknames whereas I gravitate towards short names like Cora, Thea, and Willa
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I know it's early, but dh and I picked out names the week after bfp! Ella Ford for a girl (always loved Ella and Ford was my granddaddy's name...I had always said for a boy, but we loved it paired with Ella!) and Harrison Clay for a boy (Clay is his dad's name and his grandparent's last name is Harris). It's so exciting!
  • Options
    ****LOSS MENTIONED****

We decided on my daughter's name without any runner ups - Madelyn Christine - at 8 weeks and never veered from it.  We kept our boy name from her and added some during my loss in September. 

Bennett
    Luke
    Jake

middle name will probably be Andrew or Douglas (family names) 

I felt that baby (from my loss) was a girl and for some reason said I did not want to discuss girl names until I knew the gender.  I think it was God's way of shielding me from more pain of having picked a name for a baby that would never make it to earth.  This time I am definitely having a short list or even better picking a name.  We haven't looked yet, but am really excited to start searching!
  • Options
    @jlgiff11 I thought about that too! I remember the name from the movie Titanic when Leo dances with the little girl in the third class section. I've always loved that name. I watch Once Upon a Time and was sad when Cora was evil!
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Cora is my number 1 pick too but DH vetoed it with DD so probably will again this time. Both our kids were nameless till after they were born but this time we actually agree on a boy name. So it will probably be a girl. Our boy name Pendleton James

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    So DH and I talked boys names yesterday...the short list now includes:
    Riker
    Luc
    Patton
    And potentially any combination of two of them for first & middle names.
  • Options
    Y0urm0mY0urm0m member
    edited November 2015
    I'm surprised to see some Everetts here. That is our choice of name for a boy; Everette Grey. For a girl I think we have decided on Hazel Rose. I think I have a problem with colors
  • Options
    My husband and I had a long conversation about names a few years ago (right after we got married). We came up with names and I even wrote them down and told my mother about the conversation later. However, when I brought it up shortly after our first BFP, he didn't even remember the conversation, LOL! Sooo we sort of decided but now I tossed out those names and we are back to the drawing board. We are a little superstitious after two losses so no name discussions yet but I am making a list of names I like on nameberry.com!
    Me: 33  DH: 31
    Married: 8/9/2010
    3 Furbabies - Kumo, Mal, and Lynx!
    Started TTC August 2014
    BFP #1 - 12/16/14 EDD 8/22/15 - MMC and D&C 1/23/15
    BFP #2 - 7/10/15 EDD 3/20/16- chemical pregnancy, ended 7/16/15
    BFP #3 - 11/12/15 EDD 7/21/16 - wishing and hoping for a sticky little bean!

July'16 BMB May Siggy Challenge - Star Wars:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We've always found girl names super easy to agree on so we're between Tabitha Rose and Paige Grace.

For boys the only name we can agree on is Oliver but DH doesn't seem sold on it completely.
  • Options
    Love all these names ladies!
    DH and I have had a boy and a girl name picked out for a few months. In our minds the names are locked down but who knows what will happen when we meet our babe.

Boy- William Todd
    Girl- Ellie McKell
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Me and my SO are having a hard time agreeing he either likes really plain names or names that are way far out. My favorite boy names are Maverick, Sawyer, Walker, Galen, and Reid. My favorite girl names are Giuliana, Serenity, Vivienne, Evelynn, and Aria. Opinions?
  • Options
    @FiancB my son is Finn and our last name also starts with an F and we've never had an issue with it.

We haven't really talked about names yet but I like Milo or Theo for a boy (it took us forever to come up with Finn Charles and these have been the only boy names I've liked since then even though hubs hates Milo...he think dog treats and I think Phantom Tollbooth). For a girl I had a ton picked out when I found out last time I was having a boy so this time I'm sort of waiting to see what the baby is first before I go name crazy, but I have a feeling it will be Alice for a girl :smile:

• Options
    We are hoping for a girl. We've had the name Juliana picked since our 1st who turned out to be Nicolas and our 2nd turned out to be Elliot. 
  • Options
    With the first I picked the first name and he picked the middle: Daemon Nykyrian C.

This time he gets to pick the name and I get the middle.

For a girl we have picked Emmalene Gray. We love the name Emma and I picked Gray because both mine and my mothers middle name is Kay and my grandmother's is Faye. I wanted to pay hommage to that.

As for a boy, we're stuck. He likes Lacklyn and I don't. I like Axel and he's not a huge fan. We both like Riddick but I'm still not sure it's "the one". I'd like it so match well with our other son's name (Daemon).
  • Options
    For a girl our favorites are Baker, Lucy, and Parker.
    Boys: Maddox, Cooper, and Lincoln
  • Options
    Mollie & Maggie!
  • Options
    Emily Olivia M.  Olivia/Olive is a family name on my side and ever since my BFP the name Emily has been ringing in my ears.  No ideas on boy names.  My husband hates my late fathers name (Derryl) and does not want a Lawrence Tamez M. III in the family.  I proposed Jack Daniel M. as those are my grandfather's names and would have been my name had I been a boy (Yes, I also come from a long line of Tennessee Squires and am a member myself, so I know the whiskey connotation, it's lucky happenstance).  He hates the idea.  I proposed Able, Sterling, and Sean, all 3 have been shot down.  Our luck, we're having a boy and we won't have a name for the little guy for quite a while!
  • Options
    DH finally liked on of the boy names I threw out! Finnegan and calling him Finn for short.

So now we have girl: Finley and boy: Finnegan.

So either way it will be Murphy (my son) and Finn!
  • Options
    Ooo I love names. I have so many ideas. Atm I'm stuck on Jasper Jonathon for a boy and Amelie Isabella for a girl.

I also like:
    (Boy): Emmett, Emerson, Killian, Avery
    (Girl): Arya, Aria, Meela, Zarley

@hannahmp is Ivy Lynn from the Tv show Smash?

@erinfey09 as a teacher a would prenounce Kian as Key-ann or Kye-ann. This might be because I'm from Australia though. I've noticed we pronouce some names differently. Would it annoy you for it to be potenntially pronounced wrong?

@noelietrex dh loovvess bjorn after he watched Vikings. I'm not sold though, with our last name it is a bit weird.

@LittleLunarMouse you could spell it Cale- that's dh's middle name. I teach a Kale and I laugh internally every time I read it because my dad bitches about people spending all this money on Kale at the shops when he used to feed it to his cows as weeds.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    We pretty much have our girl name set from the first go around, and the boy name is something I have pushed for (I think it has won?)
    So Jack William - the 4yr old - will either have a brother named Beau Wesley, or a sister named Lauren Feliz.
  • Options
    We decided on an additional boys and a additional girls name, just in case we have two of the same sex.

So it's:

Mollie Marie Lucille G.
    Adelaide Ruby G.

Grayson Michael G.
    Jaxson Robert G. 
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 you need to pick which boy and girl name will go together! Personally I like Mollie/Grayson, Adelaide/Jaxson. I'm glad you didn't make them matchy-matchy (coming from a non-matchy twin!)
  • Options

@jlgriff11 you need to pick which boy and girl name will go together! Personally I like Mollie/Grayson, Adelaide/Jaxson. I'm glad you didn't make them matchy-matchy (coming from a non-matchy twin!)

Oh my god, I know twins named Jack and Jill. No lie. They freaking hate it.
  • Options
    We honestly haven't talked names yet. I was well into my 3rd tri before we settled on a name for my daughter. This time around, I don't think I could seriously talk names with DH until we find out if we are having a boy or girl. I really like Lucy (which was my grandmother's name) but DH didn't like it previously because his friend's daughter is named Lucy. They haven't spoken in years and friend lives out of state, so I will probably suggest Lucy for a girl again this time around!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Sawyer and Giuliana are top picks for me too! @collegemommy97
  • Options
    We are thinking Evelyn Judith (Judy was DH's grandma) and Fletcher Thomas. I am absolutely in love with the name Gwendolyn for a girl.... love the old fashioned style, but the hubs says an emphatic no!
  • Options
    victoria98victoria98 member
    edited December 2015
    Everyone that knows thinks it's a boy ! Even though I really want a girl lol! For a boy I like the names Leonardo (because my favorite actor) and Marcelino (my grandfathers name) but considering what the baby's last name will be, Tamayo (Tah-mai-o) , that's wayyy too many o's lol.
  • Options
    Audrey Paige
    John Dale (the first names of our grandfather's)
  • Options
    I've been into the name "Cormac" for a boy lately.  Not sure why... is it even a name? 
  • Options
    We picked our names after all our grandparents/great grandparents. Each name would have one name from each side too this way :smile: ex. Maxwell -my maternal grandparents last name. Harlan-husbands grandfathers first name.

Boys:
    Maxwell Harlan W
    Or
    Warren James W
    Girls:
    Anne Deolynn W (nickname might be Andie)
    Or Katherine Grace W
  • Options
    I've been into the name "Cormac" for a boy lately.  Not sure why... is it even a name? 
    Cormac is definitely a name, there was a character named Cormac McLaggen in Harry Potter. :) 
  • Options
    The names we are considering are

Girls
    Aurora Alexandria
    Onyx Grace
    Skye Taylor
    Madeline Grace
    Sailor Grace

Boys
    Sebastian Alexander
    Grayson Michael
    Atticus Troy
    Cecil Alexander
    Theodore Allen

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    marowan said:

Cormac is definitely a name, there was a character named Cormac McLaggen in Harry Potter. :) 

That actor turned out to be quite a looker. :wink:
  • Options
    I'm bringing this thread back, because I need some inspiration!
  • Options
    I think we have the first names reeled in. Not sure about middle names...

Spencer James
    Spencer Franklin
    *both of our dads were Franklin

Layla Lucille
    Paige Lucille
    *great grandmother was Lucille and was a strong presence in my family. My mom's middle name is Lucille after her.

My mom would prefer us to name her Lucy if it's a girl, but we're not sold on that.