November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• I had what I thought was a contraction last night. Is it normal to just get one at a time sometimes,? Now I'm thinking of may have been gas. But my stomach got all hard and funky looking.

Yeah sounds like one. Had that happen last Wednesday night. Had one bad pain in the side of my stomach that only lasted for less than a minute. Thought it was something starting, but sorry to report I'm still pregnant! 41+3 today...
  • kwaldy said:

Still pregnant... sigh.

Another morning, another day overdue...
    Feeling the same way... Had crazy labour dreams last night... Maybe that means something haha! 41+3 today... Ugh
  • Loading the player...
  • Ceb2015 said:

I had what I thought was a contraction last night. Is it normal to just get one at a time sometimes,? Now I'm thinking of may have been gas. But my stomach got all hard and funky looking.

Yeah sounds like one. Had that happen last Wednesday night. Had one bad pain in the side of my stomach that only lasted for less than a minute. Thought it was something starting, but sorry to report I'm still pregnant! 41+3 today...
    Sounds like Braxton-Hicks
  • Ceb2015 said:

I had what I thought was a contraction last night. Is it normal to just get one at a time sometimes,? Now I'm thinking of may have been gas. But my stomach got all hard and funky looking.

I get them one at a time, they've only been consistent once for a few hours a couple of weeks ago, and then they fizzled out. I've learned not to get excited unless they become consistent. Braxton hicks are supposed to be more localized than real contractions, I tend to have them in the front of my belly.
  • Due today. But highly doubt today's the day
  • Ceb2015 said:

It was pretty painful and no BH I've had have hurt.. Hopefully I'll get some real contractions soon, then I'll know for sure. Lol
  • Anyone feeling just "off"? If I had to describe it, it's kinda like when you have low blood sugar? Been feeling this way all day even though I've been eating and drinking water.
  • Well unless little man comes tonight...getting induced tomorrow! I'll be 41+2! Eeeeekkk! :)
  • Ceb2015 said:

It was pretty painful and no BH I've had have hurt.. Hopefully I'll get some real contractions soon, then I'll know for sure. Lol
    Then maybe gas. You wouldn't just get one contraction; whether the real deal or prodromal labor.
  • Anyone feeling just "off"? If I had to describe it, it's kinda like when you have low blood sugar? Been feeling this way all day even though I've been eating and drinking water.

Yes! The other day I felt really light headed and my midwife told me to just stay hydrated and make sure I was eating enough protein. I've been having some heart palpitations which she said is normal from there not being much room in there. Ugh. Can't wait to be done! Lol
  • Ceb2015 said:

Then maybe gas. You wouldn't just get one contraction; whether the real deal or prodromal labor.
    Damn. I thought it'd be odd to just have the one. I was hoping it was something :|
  • Ceb2015 said:

Damn. I thought it'd be odd to just have the one. I was hoping it was something :|
    Don't let it discourage you. It can completely come out of the blue. Bounce on your stability ball and do some squats!
  • JacqwhitJacqwhit member
    edited November 2015

Well, still pregnant lol. For those ladies that had successful membrane sweeps that led the labor, how long after your sweep did you go into labor? I have another appointment on Monday so I suppose I could get another one then if she doesn't make her debut by then. Just would like to hear some success stories :) I was really hoping last night was the night.

I had a sweep at 11 on Tuesday morning and contractions started at 2:30 Wednesday morning. Went to L&D just to be monitered because I was still kind of in denial that he could possibly be coming. They ended up admitting me and I had him at 8:40 Wednesday night! Hang in there momma, your sweet baby will be here soon! It's tough but sooo worth the wait!
  • 40+2, still pregnant and still no signs labor is near. Glad I decided to not start my maternity leave until labor starts, but really hoping this baby comes before Thanksgiving!
  • 40 weeks today, and being induced tonight due to baby's size... unless I chicken out. They're checking this morning to see if I've dilated more since Thursday (only 1 cm) and if I have I might ask for a sweep and postpone the induction. I just feel like my body is so close to figuring it out on its own, inducing feels like an admission of failure
  • Being induced tonight also. I'm 40 + 6 but have a medical condition that they won't let me go to 41 weeks. I'm nervous. Good luck to you!
  • 40+6 today started induction last night so far so good! Good luck ladies the end is near lol

I was hell bent on going into labor naturally and ultimately made the decision myself to induce..upsetting but felt it was best for baby, so don't feel like a failure if that's what you end up doing!
  • Thanks ladies, good luck to you too!
  • mcdoug211 said:

40+6 today started induction last night so far so good! Good luck ladies the end is near lol

I was hell bent on going into labor naturally and ultimately made the decision myself to induce..upsetting but felt it was best for baby, so don't feel like a failure if that's what you end up doing!

This is exactly how I feel! 41+2 and inductions starts this afternoon. I waited as long as I could and my doctors and I were comfortable doing. My body just wasn't ready!
  • Well, I'm officially not working in the office anymore, working from home today through Wednesday and maternity leave begins a week from today. I'm 39+2 and just waiting for LO...

What are you doing to pass the time as you wait? It's only 9:30 and I've already had a healthy breakfast, took my dog on a long walk and vaccummed the house.
  • Well, I'm officially not working in the office anymore, working from home today through Wednesday and maternity leave begins a week from today. I'm 39+2 and just waiting for LO...

What are you doing to pass the time as you wait? It's only 9:30 and I've already had a healthy breakfast, took my dog on a long walk and vaccummed the house.

I've got a 2yo so my time is not my own, but whilst he's been at nursery this afternoon I've been deep-cleaning the kitchen. It satisfies my nesting urges and it passes the time.
    Then I'm planning to binge on Netflix in the evenings!

Started a new series on Netflix (Jane the Virgin, where have you been all my life?), did some cleaning, started a new coloring book, finally made our wedding album after 5 years of marriage, lots of walking, trip to BRU to make some returns, naps...
  • 41+3 today. I've had a low backache since yesterday evening. Doctor appointment later for NST and ultrasound to see if doc will recommend induction or not. Will be asking for membrane sweep if it's not time to induce yet.
  • @Puddlewonderful Not an admission of failure silly! Don't let yourself think that, we are all taking different routes to do whatever we feel is best for our babies :)

Hopefully getting a sweep today if I am dilated anymore! If not, I'm seriously just thinking baby well be in here forever.
  • Every little ache or pain, I'm like, IS THIS IT?? THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT! I stub my toe and glance at the clock to start timing contractions! Also, I want to have sex so bad. I'm not like, super randy, but I just want that affection, I want to see if it'll put me in labor, and to be honest I'm thinking about the next 2+ months after birth without it. I figure that'll be the last thing on my mind and all.. Still... SO clearly not into it, not a surprise, but still bumming me out on top of all my built up waiting-for-labor-emotions. He doesn't understand the intensity this waiting game can be at times!! Edit to say I know this is total AW. Sorry <3
    This is what put me in to labor with DS1. My water broke within the next hour afterwards. He needs to ejaculate inside you though, as the semen is what contains prostaglandins and that stimulates your cervix.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• To get a sweep or not to get a sweep today.. That is the question. Even though I know labor will be a thousand times more painful then a sweep, I'm scared of the pain!
  • Drs appt didn't go as I had hoped today. 40+1 today and still not dilated mucus plug intact. Heads low, baby "feels" like he's no bigger than 7ish lb. scheduled for an ultrasound next Monday and will schedule an induction if no baby by then. Ugh, was really hoping to have a baby before thanksgiving. I think the constant phone calls and text messages are the worst. Come on baby lets make some moves this week -__-

• Well, I'm officially not working in the office anymore, working from home today through Wednesday and maternity leave begins a week from today. I'm 39+2 and just waiting for LO... What are you doing to pass the time as you wait? It's only 9:30 and I've already had a healthy breakfast, took my dog on a long walk and vaccummed the house.
    Yesterday we went over to a friend's house and played board games for like 10 hours and played with our Goddaughter. That was a huge help for distracting us, since we're 10 days late already...
  • I have a sweep booked in the morning. I was diagnosed with GD only 2 weeks ago and they will only let me go to 40w6d.
    I declined a sweep last week (38w) but I'll have one tomorrow then another on Friday if tomorrow's isn't successful.
    Shit is suddenly starting to get real!
  • sadyy131 said:

To get a sweep or not to get a sweep today.. That is the question. Even though I know labor will be a thousand times more painful then a sweep, I'm scared of the pain!

That's my dilemma too.
    My midwife is on call at he hospital and told me to come on by this evening for a quick sweep if I wanted to. I have an appointment Wednesday then. I'm only 39+4 today but I'm going for a VBAC and have GD so I really need to go into labor on my own. They will let me go until at least 41 weeks before we discuss anything though. But I'm leaning toward a sweep today, even though the 2 I got with my daughter did nothing.
  • Ugh, can't tell if I have a slow leak in my water, or if I have a severe case of swamp ass (aka, sweat). Gonna go walk and see if I can make anything happen. Lol. Come on, little girl!
  • french_manifrench_mani member
    edited November 2015
    39 + 3 today. Woke up 1:30 last night after peeing the bed a little bit. Was scared if it was my water but nothing else came out after that. Then at 7:30 woke up with really bad back pain just on the right side and nothing I do helps. Can't sit, stand, walk, lay down... Nothing!!! It kills!! Now starting to feel a little cramps in the front on the same side. Contractions are nothing consistent or strong so I am so confused. I called my doctor and asked if there's any way he can see me today even though my appointment isn't til Wednesday. I would just feel so much better, I have an appointment at 5. My back hurts so bad I just want to cry!

Edited because I forgot to add, I have no appetite right now and feel like I'm in a fog. I just feel weird!
  • Well I'm with some of you ladies here I will be getting induced starting tomorrow morning at 6:00. This is my 3rd and he just does not want to leave me! I tried so many things over the past week/weekend to get things rolling but nothing. I'm nervous to get induced because they do a different method now at the hospital and I was induced with my first child so now it's going into it not knowing what the hell to expect.

My only question is the doctor told me if there is no room for me to come in and get induced in the morning they would call me but when do you think that would be? Would they call late this evening or really early in the morning before 6:00am when I should be getting admitted?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Went from 1 to 1.5 cm. Glad it's something, and I know it doesn't necessarily mean much, but was hoping to be a tad more.. The doctor was in and out down there, and I asked if I was dilated enough for a sweep (last time at 1 she said she couldn't). She said she did a quick little sweep. I am surprised though, I was expecting it to take a little longer and be more uncomfortable than it was. Does this sound normal?
  • Went from 1 to 1.5 cm. Glad it's something, and I know it doesn't necessarily mean much, but was hoping to be a tad more.. The doctor was in and out down there, and I asked if I was dilated enough for a sweep (last time at 1 she said she couldn't). She said she did a quick little sweep. I am surprised though, I was expecting it to take a little longer and be more uncomfortable than it was. Does this sound normal?

I think the 'sweep experience' can differ from person to person. I had two sweeps when overdue with DS and I didn't find either to be painful, and they also took just a few seconds. I was 1cm when she did the first one but I'm not sure how dilated I was for the second. I do remember them being slightly uncomfortable but quick and painless.
  • I'm 41+2 today and went in this afternoon to have the cervical gel put in then go back for induction starting at 5:30 am tomorrow. I was only a fingertip dilated so doctor stretched me to a one and man did that hurt!

@Kern91 not too sure when your doctor will call you but mine asked us to call the triage nurse at 4:30 am tomorrow morning before we leave the house just in case they got busy overnight and I have to be rescheduled. My induction is scheduled at 5:30 am. I would just call in the am if you haven't heard from them. Good luck!
  • sadyy131 said:

To get a sweep or not to get a sweep today.. That is the question. Even though I know labor will be a thousand times more painful then a sweep, I'm scared of the pain!

My midwife hasn't offered a sweep and I haven't asked but I am totally terrified of it also!
  • Been in active labor since 7 this morning I'm 6 cm and have been told it could still be a few hours...

I am so hungry I would eat my own got if I could reach it! I'm also bored out of my mind and all I can think of is french fries