Secondary IF
Options

~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (11/23/15) ~~

ErikaMGErikaMG member
edited November 2015 in Secondary IF
Not sure if anyone officially took over the Check In from Ellebelle and if so, then my apologies! But just in case, I thought I'd post this since I didn't see any check in this morning. :)

Cycle Status?

QOTW: What are your Thanksgiving Plans, and what is your favorite thanksgiving dish?
Me: 43, DH: 41
DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
TTC #2 since 1/2015
8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

Re: ~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (11/23/15) ~~

• Options
    Cycle Status: 2dpiui. This 2ww is going to be more difficult than most because 1) I can't drink wine on thanksgiving, when I'm with my family and therefore need it most ;) and 2) I'll be in Florida for my cousin's wedding when I'm supposed to have my beta, so I'm planning to do an HPT at the hotel, and then if AF doesn't come by the time I get back in town I'll schedule a beta for the next day. Not feeling particularly optimistic because DH and I weren't able to BD this cycle, so it's all dependent on the IUI, and I only had one mature follie. Trying to think of each cycle as a stepping stone towards an HPT... maybe that will help with the disappointment(?)

QotW: We're going to my folks' house and my sister and her husband and two babies are coming down. My sister is 12 years younger than me and is churning out babies like it's going out of style. I love my niece and nephew but it's hard being around her sometimes... she's already talking about planning to conceive her third in the spring! Anyway, aside from that it will be fun - DS loves to play with his little cousins, and the food is always phenomenal. I especially love my mom's corn chowder and candied yams, and my crumble-top apple pie! I also baked a pumpkin pie and will bake a potato bread in my bread machine that morning. (I'm the baker of the family). :)
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• Options
    Cycle Status:  Had my beta this morning so waiting to hear from the nurse but took a HPT this morning so I would be prepared and got a BFN..I am bummed..this was the first cycle I had more than 1 mature follicle and really thought maybe it worked. I had a few symptoms and while I know the progesterone can mimic pregnancy symptoms I just kind of thought it worked.  Oh well.  Not sure if we are gong to do another IUI next month or try mini ivf..waiting to see what the dr thinks.

QOTW: We are going to my parents house and it's a big year. We are getting together with my dad's sister and her family and we all switch off every other year so we are all on together.  One of my 2 brothers with his 2 kids will be there and all 3 of my first cousins on that side with their kids. Should be fun with delicious food!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @ErickaMG!  I took it over last week but would much rather you do it!  

Cycle Status:  Our profile goes live with the adoption agency the week of 11/30!  We told this girls this weekend and they are both thrilled!

QOTW:  We'll be local for Thanksgiving this year.  My sister is hosting but my brother and his family will be staying with us.  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    @Rachlee2010 - I'm so sorry about your BFN. Big hugs to you. At least it sounds like you have a really fun Thanksgiving to look forward to! Keep us posted on what your dr. advises as next step! What is the difference between a mini ivf and an ivf? (excuse my ignorance - I'm still fairly new to this whole thing, and have only done IUI's so far...)

@Frenchteachermama - that's so exciting!!! I hope the right child finds you quickly! And just let me know if you want to do the weekly check in moving forward. I'm fine either way... didn't mean to step on any toes! :)

DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• Options
    @ErikaMG I would love it if someone else you do it!  We're not technically TTC anymore...I'm not officially stepping away from 2IF but probably will be soon.  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    No problem, I'm happy to take it on. :)
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• Options
    thanks for taking it on @erikaMG!  so excited for you @frenchteachermama!!!!!!

Of course I got a BFN this cycle, AF started with a vengeance yesterday. I shouldn't be surprised at all but every month i find myself still extremely disappointed.

QOTW: my sister in flying in from San Fran and we'll all be together at my moms so I'm really excited for turkey day this year. and with a BFN i can drown my sorrows so there's a silver lining.
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Options
    @Erikamg  Mini IVF is way lower dose meds with the intention of only getting a few eggs. Spoke to the dr yesterday and he doesn't think it is worth it so another IUI with the same meds as this month is the plan and after that if nothing probably regular IVF

sorry about your BFN @jodee37  I am right there with you.  I also know I shouldn't be surprised when it doesn't work but still get so upset about it..I hate how hard and unfair this is.
  • Options
    @Jodee37 - big hugs to you. The BFN's just don't get any easier. :( I'm glad you have  a happy turkey day to look forward to with your family, and yes... being able to drink is definitely a silver lining, so enjoy it! ;)
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• Options
    Cycle Status: I had my egg retrieval this morning. They only got 3 follicles and I will find out tomorrow if they were mature and fertilized. So, please cross some fingers for me! I have been sleeping all day and just trying to focus on Thanksgiving as I hate the wait!

ErikaMG- thanks for taking over the check in and best of luck on the IUI!

Rachel and Jodee...so sorry about the BFNs. It just sucks. Stay strong!

Frenchteachermama- it's so exciting that you are getting closer and closer in the adoption process. I hope you are able to meet your LO soon!

We are going to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. They are going to have 20 people there so it will either be fun or a disaster. Haha...we shall see. Happy and healthy Thanksgiving to you all!
  • Options
    @GK2009 thinking of you.  Hoping your eggs are mature and fertilized!!!!  Do you mind me asking what medicines and doses you were on?  We are doing on more IUI and then moving on to IVF and I remember you also have DOR I believe like me.  Just curious what your protocol was?  I know my dr has mentioned that for IVF they want high dose meds for me and only expect a few eggs.  
  • Options
    Thanks Rachlee.  I didn't get great results.  They got 3 eggs which were all mature, but only one fertilized.  It is so upsetting and frustrating, but I will keep praying this is the only one I need and it makes it through all the obstacles ahead.  

I took 20 units of Lupron every morning and again every evening.  In addition to the evening does of Lupron, I took 50 units of Lo Dose HCG and 450 units Gonal F.  I did this same protocol two cycles in a row.  The last time they got 4 eggs, only 2 were mature but they both fertilized, one arrested on day 3 and the last made it to blast but was genetically abnormal.  I also take oral meds- Metformin for eggs health and a bunch of vitamins- Co Q 10, Vitamin D, Prenatal, etc...

My doctors office said that I am on the highest amount of meds they allow in their practice.  I hope this is helpful to you.  If you have any other questions, just let me know.  I wish you so much luck!!!!!
  • Options
    GK2009 said:
    Thanks Rachlee.  I didn't get great results.  They got 3 eggs which were all mature, but only one fertilized.  It is so upsetting and frustrating, but I will keep praying this is the only one I need and it makes it through all the obstacles ahead.  

I took 20 units of Lupron every morning and again every evening.  In addition to the evening does of Lupron, I took 50 units of Lo Dose HCG and 450 units Gonal F.  I did this same protocol two cycles in a row.  The last time they got 4 eggs, only 2 were mature but they both fertilized, one arrested on day 3 and the last made it to blast but was genetically abnormal.  I also take oral meds- Metformin for eggs health and a bunch of vitamins- Co Q 10, Vitamin D, Prenatal, etc...

My doctors office said that I am on the highest amount of meds they allow in their practice.  I hope this is helpful to you.  If you have any other questions, just let me know.  I wish you so much luck!!!!!
    (((HUGS))))  @GK2009  I'll be praying for your embryo!!!!

@rachlee2010 I did the same protocol (I am DOR with .20 AMH).  I did 450iui the first time of Gonal F and 600iui the second.  Both times we ended with 2 excellent embryos both transfered resulted in BFNs.

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    Thanks @gk2009 and @frenchteachermama  
    We are doing one last clomid/Gonal F IUI cycle and then moving to IVF in the new year.  I will ask about what protocol the dr wants me on and will probably have more questions for you.  
    Did either of you do any pgs testing on the embryos you got?  I think the testing is covered under our insurance in which case we will probably test but I'm not sure.  I get nervous about the high dose of meds as I have heard people with DOR say it fry's the eggs but when I mentioned it to the nurse she said it's not usually the dose but the number of days you stim that can hurt the eggs more.  
  • Options
    @rachlee2010 We would have tested our embryos if we had more of them.  We were totally OOP for all of IVF so it didn't make sense to pay the extra $5,000-8,000 for PGS testing.  I stimmed for 12 days both times and I'm sure that had something to do with things not working, although both times both embryos were excellent quality.  

If I had to do it over, I definitely would have pushed for back to back IVF fresh retrievals and PGS testing.  Some women do a couple of fresh retrievals in a row to get enough embryos to send for PGS testing.  We found my c-section scar defect in between my two retrievals so I have another problem against me.  You never know how you are going to respond until you try, but I would bring this up to your doctor.  If IVF is covered under your insurance you have more options!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    Thanks @frenchteachermama I will mention it to my dr and to my husband. We are pretty luck as IVF procedures are covered by our insurance but none of the medication is covered.  So since they want me on high doses it will probably cost us somewhere between $6000-$8000 in meds and then all the $30 copays every time I visit the office for montioring or the procedures.  So def cheaper but still expensive so I am not sure how my husband will feel about doing multiple cycles off the bat. I think he is really hoping the first one works  He doesn't even want to do IVF.he would stick to IUI forever but I think it's a waste of time.  We shall see.  Going in to the dr right now for my baseline for our last IUI cycle.
  • Options
    Yes, we did the testing which is how I learned that my last embryo was genetically abnormal. I am oop and the amount of money this costs is frightening, but for me it is still worth it to do the testing. It is a personal decision, but if your insurance covers it that is a great option. Good luck and I am here if you have any questions. Thank you all for your support. I will keep you updated on my one little embryo.
  • Options
    I think we will probably do the testing assuming we can get that far.  I went in for my baseline this morning and I have a cyst on one ovary so no starting meds like planned tonight. I am going back next week on Monday to check it and at that point I don't know if I will be able to start any meds or not.  At this point I think I just want to move to ivf.  My husband is so hesitant just because he doesn't want to spend the money and end up with no eggs at all which we know with our DOR is a real possibility . They don't expect to get more than 4-6 eggs from me. I can't help thinking thought that even if they can get 4 eggs at 33 years old one has to be a good egg that will fertilize.  Then if we do get to that will it take when they put it back in? Such a gamble.  But the dr thinks I have an 80% chance of getting pregnant if we put in a tested normal embryo..but can we even get to that point.  This whole thing sucks and I keep seeing more and more pregnancy announcements which make me so angry.  Its crazy how when people on here announce they are pregnant I am only happy for them but when people in real life are pregnant I get angry and jealous.  

Anyway good luck with your one embryo @gk2009  I hope it's the perfect one for you!!!  When are you transferring it?
  • Options
    Thanks!  I heard from the doctor today and the embryo is still growing, but it hasn't made it to blast yet.  Tomorrow will be the big day... I will find out if it made it to blast and if it was biopsied and frozen.  If it makes it and is genetically normal then we will do a FET next month.  Because it didn't make it to blast on day 5 a fresh transfer isn't possible.  So... it's more wait and see.  My prayers are still going strong.
  • Options
    Good luck @GK2009 I am hoping it makes it to a blast and is tested normal!