Trying to Get Pregnant

Hcg trigger shot?

For those that had to trigger, can you tell me about it?

Especially the price. I don't want to be sticker shocked at the Px.

Re: Hcg trigger shot?

• I can't help you on the price, as my insurance covers it.  What else you wanna know?  Don't take a pregnancy take cuz you'll get a false positive.  It can cause pregnancy-like symptoms (since it's the pregnancy hormone).  I didn't feel any different.  What else?
  • That works. This is new to me. Any is insight is awesome and welcome.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just looked up on my insurance.  Total cost is 85 for pregnyl.  
  • Some people "test-out" meaning they POAS until it's a clear negative, then skip a few days and starting POAS.  That way once you a get a positive, it'll be a real positive.  Seems like the average is about a week before a clear negative. 
  • I can't help with any info, but if you have to buy it from a pharmacy you can look up a price list and go to the cheapest place on Goodrx. I've saved 100s of dollars on a script by going to a different pharmacy. The pricing can vary so wildly.

• I buy it directly from my RE: $86 for Ovidrel.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • My insurance doesn't cover meds and I paid $109.00 at pharmacy.

Tip: use ice pack to numb up before you do the shot.  I learned the hard way.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Hey pugs! I paid $125.00 at my pharmacy for ovidrel. I tested out the trigger, it showed BFP until 7dpo. It was super easy to inject and I really didn't have many symptoms from it.
  • My insurance doesn't cover Ovidrel (or any other version) and I usually pay around $100.  My pharmacy gives a discount for prescriptions that insurance won't cover.  It's usually 15-20%.  But I always call around to different pharmacies to check their prices.  If your pharmacy doesn't offer a discount my RE's office hands out those free prescription discount cards.  (Google "prescritption discount card" and you can find plenty of them and you can print a card/coupon).  I've ordered online from Freedom Fertility pharmacy in the past but now they add on a $30 charge if you aren't also purchasing injectible meds (I've only ever taken Clomid or Femara).  

As far as the shot itself it doesn't hurt and I inject it in my stomach about 2 inches to the left or right of my belly button.  And I always test out the trigger starting at 6-7dpo.  Some people never get a negative test between the trigger and a true BFP but that's never happened to me.   
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had to pay $130 for Novarel, but the vial will last me 2 shots so I guess I cannot complain too much! I didn't test out, but the half-life of HCG IM trigger shot is 5.6 hours, although that can vary by individual metabolism.  
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe

This is funny! @PugsandKisses have you seen this yet?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker