Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

1st AF

Well after my m/c on October 18. I got my my 1st AF today. It so weird that it happened around the same time last month. Its only my first day and I am not even sure how to this will be. I guess we didn't get pregnant this month. Any one else get theirs yet. 

Re: 1st AF

• I got my about one month after my procedure. We are now onto cycle two and waiting to test.
  • I thought, I was going to get pregnant this cycle. Because we tried soon after. Guess I was wrong. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • diane2218diane2218 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm sending you a hug right now because we are completely experiencing the same thing.  I miscarried on October 14 and just got my period this past Monday, November 16.   I had also thought we might have success this month - it was an early m/c and I had used an OPK test - positive results two days right on track even after the miscarriage.  In all honestly, I had no symptoms at all and I had some bloating, gas, etc. with the first pregnancy.  In my heart, I knew I wasn't pregnant....but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was really hoping it had happened.

We both hoped that the nightmare would be over and we would have good news this month.  I had read so many stories of women never getting a period, just becoming pregnant straight away - I'm sorry you're also in the same boat.  We'll be trying again this cycle.  Most moments I'm positive and staying upbeat, but I am worried that I have it built up that it "has" to work this month...the thought of months and months going by feels so exhausting emotionally.

Hoping for us both to have positive tests in a month.
  • That first cycle back is so difficult. I remember getting mine back a month after and it was literally shock, I felt like I was going to relive the loss of my tiny baby! 

Give yourself some extra love and do something special to remember your little one during this time. 
  • askye1212 said:

Well after my m/c on October 18. I got my my 1st AF today. It so weird that it happened around the same time last month. Its only my first day and I am not even sure how to this will be. I guess we didn't get pregnant this month. Any one else get theirs yet. 

Our doctor recommended that we wait until at least 2 regular cycles before trying again. We are 3 weeks and 2 days out and I'm waiting for my first AF. In a perfect world she'd come soon so we can try again.

What did your doctor say about waiting or trying again?
    No signature until I figure this html issue out!
  • askye1212 said:

Our doctor recommended that we wait until at least 2 regular cycles before trying again. We are 3 weeks and 2 days out and I'm waiting for my first AF. In a perfect world she'd come soon so we can try again.

What did your doctor say about waiting or trying again?
    My docotor told me that, by the books wait 3 months. But, he said because I passed naturally and was early and that everything looked good. We could start when we felt ready.
  • diane2218 said:

I'm sending you a hug right now because we are completely experiencing the same thing.  I miscarried on October 14 and just got my period this past Monday, November 16.   I had also thought we might have success this month - it was an early m/c and I had used an OPK test - positive results two days right on track even after the miscarriage.  In all honestly, I had no symptoms at all and I had some bloating, gas, etc. with the first pregnancy.  In my heart, I knew I wasn't pregnant....but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was really hoping it had happened.

We both hoped that the nightmare would be over and we would have good news this month.  I had read so many stories of women never getting a period, just becoming pregnant straight away - I'm sorry you're also in the same boat.  We'll be trying again this cycle.  Most moments I'm positive and staying upbeat, but I am worried that I have it built up that it "has" to work this month...the thought of months and months going by feels so exhausting emotionally.

Hoping for us both to have positive tests in a month.
    Sorry, you are experiencing as well. This week I have hated my AF. It will happen in no time. I think we might wait now, because in the mist of this whole month, loosing the pregnancy. I lost my job. Im not quite sure what too do. Dh and I spoke and said if I wanted to still try that it is fine. Lost and confused all at the same time. This month has been tough on me.
  • You have been through way too much in a short time - I'm so sorry. I hope it happens for you when you feel it is the right time.
  • Got my first period after getting acupuncture Wednesday . Woke up Thursday morning with period . It took over 6 weeks to come back after d and c. Acupuncturist said to wait another month before trying again while he regulates my hormones . We aren't trying just not using protection . He said it's mostly because it's unlikely I'll get pregnant until hormones are balanced and he doesn't want me to get disappointed . It's honestly helped me relax about it . I was so anxious about getting Preggo right away again . I'm trying to work on letting go of control and being ok with that . I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get your rainbow baby soon !!!