Infertility
Options

Med Donation Question (previous IVF patient)

Hi Ladies - Sorry to intrude, as I haven't followed this board in a while, but I have a question that I thought you may be able to help me with.  I have some left over unopened PIO and lots of needles, I know I've read that you can donate these things, but I can't find anything helpful when I do a Google search.  Do any of you know anything about med donations or can direct me where to go?  I really appreciate your help and I wish nothing but the best for all of you!

-Katie
Me 31 ~ DH 30
IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
<3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
DX - PCOS 2004
FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15

Re: Med Donation Question (previous IVF patient)

• Options
    Ask your fertility doctor's office. A lot of thee will take med donations.
  • Options
    I did ask them and they said they don't.  I'm not sure why.  They do trials and whatnot, but won't take the donations.  Thanks for the suggestion!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A lot of places won't take them because of the legalities and what not. It's a shame you have meds to give people and can't find anyone to give them too. 

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    I would maybe call any other Dr. office and see if they would be willing to take them because I know some do as the injectable meds I used this round were donated and I cannot tell you how thankful I was to receive them so Dh and I could continue to try to work for our LO we've been dreaming of. Just call any offices near you (ob/gyn or RE). Good luck finding somewhere that takes them!
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Options
    Same here. I have a whole pack of menopur and a gonal-f, unopened. Thats $2,000 worth of meds. I would like to give ot to someone so it doesnt go to waste!
  • Options
    I'm part of a local IVF group on Facebook. When I *hopefully* get my BFP I'm planning on asking ladies there if they would like my leftover meds. I have a lot left over as well and I feel like it's gold just sitting in my fridge going to waste :(

thejessicanicol.com

Me: 24 DH: 29

MFI: Low Morphology Low Count due to radiation

IVF with ICSI Round 1: November 2015

D&C January 2016

Anticipated FET April 2016

• Options
    Why not create a separate post here to see if any of these ladies want the leftovers?  You can ship them.  I'm sure the recipient would pay for shipping.  
  • Options
    I'm probably switching to IVF if next IUI fails. :( I would love to know of a place that you could get donations of medication from as it would be all
    Out of pocket.
  • Options

@athompson0308  I would love to have your Menopur if you are looking to give them to someone.  : )    We have done 2 medicated cycles with TI and are moving on to IUI in December.

Me:34 DH:33

TTC since 2013

Unexplained infertility

• Options
    Hi My name is Sam and I am new to the community. My husband Tim and I have been trying to conceive for 5 years. We have finally saved enough to try IVF for the second time and then found out our meds are no longer covered. We were able to purchase 6 gonal-f pens but in need of 3 more by November 25th. My sister saw your post and sent it to me and my heart stopped. What an amazing thing to do by donating extra meds! If you still have a gonal-f pen we would love to be considered!