August 2015 Moms

I find it strange...

I find it strange that people are so weirded out by breastmilk. Cows milk is so common and no one thinks twice about drinking it or coming into contact with it. Shouldn't milk produced by your own species be better??

Anyone else had people react weird or get freaked out by breastmilk? Not breast feeding, just breast milk in a bottle.... I don't get it!

Re: I find it strange...

• I agree! My husband has a auto immune liver disease (he'll need a transplant in about 5 years) and he puts a little bit of breast milk in his coffee each morning and his blood work and imagining have actually improved some. We don't tell people he uses some of my breast milk because people are so weirded out by it! But it's not different than cows milk to me.
  • I pump at work and my boss asked me to use the sink in the bathroom to wash out my bottles because he thought it was "a little, you know" to use the sink in the conference room. I don't know. I think he was implying unsanitary? Who knows. Its just milk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah a lot of people are and I don't get it either. My husband uses my breast milk in his protein shakes and he says he loves it. Of course we also don't tell just anyone that because people apparently find it weird. Oh well.
  • I pump at work and my boss asked me to use the sink in the bathroom to wash out my bottles because he thought it was "a little, you know" to use the sink in the conference room. I don't know. I think he was implying unsanitary? Who knows. Its just milk.

That's ridiculous! But yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. It's like people are grossed out by even the thought of it. It's not urine, people. It's milk! I find that most of the people who act this way either don't have kids or never breastfed.