December 2015 Moms

Belly in the way

Anyone else excited about having your normal spacial awareness back? I think it's funny that I'm just not used to having this giant basketball attached to the front of me. So far I've done things like open a door to leave the room, hit the belly with the door. Reaching up to grab a mug from the top shelf, the counter top gets in the way of my belly. Bend over to put on my socks and shoes, you guessed it, belly in the way.

Re: Belly in the way

• I almost have to bend forward to wash the dishes
  • My 4 year old runs into my belly all the time and bounces his head off of his little sister. Its kinda funny but puts me off balance a bit. I also hit my belly on the door and trying to hug my hubby is ridiculous lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Hugging or cuddling my husband is like Mission Impossible. My belly always gets in the way! We also don't fit on the couch together. The struggle is real lol
  • izsmz101 said:

My 4 year old runs into my belly all the time and bounces his head off of his little sister. Its kinda funny but puts me off balance a bit. I also hit my belly on the door and trying to hug my hubby is ridiculous lol

I was going to say my three year old runs into my belly!
  • Oh my gosh! I totally know what you mean. Hitting my belly with the doors all the time. Or cutting a corner too short and hitting belly on the door frame. Lol def hard to get used to. Also (tmi) I really need to cut my toe nails!
  • Hahaha yes! My husband bumps into me all the time because he's still not used to me taking up this much space!
  • I always underestimated the space i have between the car door and the fence and struggle to get out/in the car without my belly bumping something...
    I constantly brush my bump against people without realising too and then they apologise hahahaha
  • I bump my bump constantly and I always feel bad that I hurt my baby somehow lol.
  • ammnam14 said:

Hugging or cuddling my husband is like Mission Impossible. My belly always gets in the way! We also don't fit on the couch together. The struggle is real lol

MY LIFE. Every single night when I get home from work I try to lay on top of him and hug on him the best I can... It's literally impossible to even get close to snuggling up now.
  • Ccat1977Ccat1977 member
    edited November 2015
    I can reach the bottom of my left foot but not my right - why is that?