July 2015 Moms
Options

Rolling over, effecting sleep!?

Hi Moms. Happy Friday! So after many almosts LO rolled over from back to belly last night. Happy she reached the milestone, but was also happy that she hadn't done it yet bc she sleeps amazingly at night (11-12 hours). The transition was as bad as I could imagine - she would roll onto her belly almost immediately and fall asleep, but woke up every 20-45 minutes crying. She was a trooper and fell back to sleep on her own after 2-3 minutes of crying most of the time, but a few times I had to go in and roll her back. I want to try and stick it out before I use a sleep suit or angle the mattress, but was hoping you could share your experiences and what worked and what didn't and how long it took for your LO to get use to the no swaddle and belly sleeping. Thanks!

Re: Rolling over, effecting sleep!?

• Options
    Wait, is your baby still swaddled?  it should only take a couple of nights for them to not be reliant on the swaddle to fall asleep.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It will take a few nights (3-5) for her to adjust to her new freedoms and figure out what the most comfortable way to sleep is. My LO doesn't roll yet but he had one night of crappy sleep when we dropped the swaddle and went right back to sleeping through the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is super close to rolling from back to bell, he is having a ton of almosts. We use the love to dream swaddle sack and in the last week, i took the arms off so now it's basically a sleep sack and it has been working well. It does take adjustment but it's all in time and LO is back to sleeping no problem
  • Options
    Thanks y'all! Let's hope night 2 is a little better then night 1. No @hay1122 she is not still swaddled she was arms out swaddled the past 3-4 weeks and last night was her first night with no swaddle and rolling over! I guess a double whammy