Babies: 3 - 6 Months

why is my baby suddenly sleeping like crap?

My son had finally gotten into a good sleeping pattern at night with only one wakeup. Lately he's getting up multiple times, sometimes to eat and sometimes just crying out before he doses back off. Naps he's always kind of resisted despite his eyes rolling back in his head from exhaustion. Now he's fighting those even more. He will talk, look all around or whatever else he can do to keep from sleeping. I ordered the Love to Dream 50/50 sleep sack thingy (still waitong on its arrival) because he is constantly busting out of his velcro swaddle to get his hands to his face. Could this be a sleep regression?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• How old is he? Could be sleep regression, growth spurt, teething...
  • He's 15 weeks!
  • OK that's what I needed to hear! I'm always looking for some "reason" for why he's doing stuff. I hear the 4th month can be a rough one so I'm preparing myself. Yeah he definitely doesn't nap long and hasn't really in a while. He does a lot of cat napping, but he's been struggling to even get his cat naps lately. His eyes will just roll around in his head and after multiple attempts to fall asleep he gives in. It just concerns me that he's exhausted. First time mom life. I don't know what the hell I'm doing.