November 2015 Moms

FFFC 11/20

Morning, ladies! I know it's early, but I've already got a confession... let's hear yours.

I woke up this morning disappointed that I'm still pregnant. Kinda makes me feel like an A hole because I literally only just hit 40wks... but I'm so over it.

Re: FFFC 11/20

• I feel ya I am just over 40 weeks also but so ready to be able to lay how I want and just have him out side of me !!!
  • Loading the player...
  • At 40+2, I feel like I've resigned myself to being induced after thanksgiving weekend (my midwife practice doesn't induce before you hit 41+6 unless there is a medical reason). I realize that anything can happen in the next week and a half, but baby seems a bit too comfy in there, and is perfectly healthy as far as we can tell. I suppose it's better than being disappointed all the time that my random contractions are going nowhere. And maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised? At least it's an alternative to wanting to smack the people who keep calling to check on me. Nope, still pregnant!

• @kwaldy I'm 40 weeks today as well and was kind of hoping labor would at least start last night but nothing. I go back to my OB today. They will let me go until 11/30 before induction so I'm wondering how today's appointment will go and if they will want to go ahead and schedule it with the holidays around the corner. Please baby, come this weekend!

As for my confession: I'm over hearing about refugees and every time I go on FB ppl who I thought were logical ppl are letting fear take them over.
  • I'm also in the boat of not being 40 weeks (3 more days) and so over being pregnant. Everything hurts! Going until 41 weeks actually terrifies me. I feel like I'll be so frustrated by then. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective that we are lucky we have had a full term pregnancy with no issues, but sometimes I need a pity party too. I know when I meet her it will all be worth it, I just hope it's sooner than later.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I skipped the DDs shower last night. I promise they will get one tonight. last night I just couldn't get up the energy. Plus DH started back at work and wasn't home yet. So glad DD1 is out if school next week gives me time to adjust to 3 kids.
  • When my husband gets home today I have to check with him and see who is coming for thanksgiving so we can buy food accordingly. Despite the fact that I agreed to host, I secretly hope no one wants to come. Not because I don't want the company, nor because of the work of putting together dinner. But I have never cooked a turkey before. If it's just my husband and I and I mess up the turkey, oh well. But if we have company to experience a turkey fail I'll legitimately be mortified.
  • My MIL came over yesterday and after I fed DS, I left him with her so that I could run to Meijer for a couple groceries and to pick up a prescription. I only needed 3 things, but I swear I slowly walked down almost every aisle, savoring my alone adult time.
  • So many confessions, let's see:

I haven't had to change a poopy diaper yet, DH has changed them all. I'm going to attempt to go as long as i can without changing one.

DH has been freaking out about the baby, think he's almost feeling more panicky than I am about him turning over and him sleeping/eating/pooping enough. I really like to see that from him actually. Hes always been the laid back one and I'm the worrying over every thing (not that I'm not worrying, oh boy am I)

I'm scared to poop. They've given me stool softeners but I haven't gone yet and I am terrified. Our toilet is incredibly uncomfortable with the stitches (extra uncomfortable)