TTC After a Loss

Temping question

DH wasn't home Saturday night because he was helping some friends. I woke up about every hour because I can't sleep without him. It was also cold because it's just now starting to get cold at night here and we haven't turned our heat on yet. We usually sleep pretty close/touching each other. Temp was lower than I expected yesterday morning. Could it be because sleeping conditions were different than usual? Has anyone experienced this? I'm wondering if I should disregard that temp.

Just got my spike today, but I usually have a gradual increase for 2-3 days before a big spike. Yesterday's dip threw that off. I'm getting conflicting fertility signs so I'm trying to figure it all out.

Re: Temping question

• Some women do see a dip right before their temp spike, but your sleep could definitely have thrown it off to, so if it seems unusual for you, you could definitely disregard/mark as questionable.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed on nights its especially cold in the house and/or DH is away (DH is like a freaking heater. He's always so hot) my temps tend to be lower.

Like crob5685 said, it isn't at all unusual for people to get a dip before their temp spikes. But if you never get a dip it wouldn't hurt to disregard that temp. I usually leave it on the chart but leave myself a note that for whatever reason it's not very reliable.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks, ladies! I looked back at last month's chart, and I had a similar pattern last month. I think I'm just stressing because I want to be pregnant this month so badly!
  • I would often get a dip before my temp spike. Like other's said it could be because of the missing husband or the cold room, or sleeping with your mouth open etc. I personally have not noticed varying pre-O temps to have much of an impact on Fertility Friend getting a good read on my charts. How long have you been temping? 

Good luck to you!
  • This is only my third cycle temping, and I didn't start until 10 days in to the first one. That was the MC cycle so I don't really look at it for patterns.

I'm confused because everything physical says I ovulated around Thursday or Friday. Temp didn't go above what will be cover line until yesterday but it was gradually rising until that dip Sunday morning.

Plus, I have gotten a positive OPK every day since Friday. Based on other signs, I should have gotten the positive OPK on Wed or Thurs. They were cheap OPKs so I don't know how accurate they really are. I keep testing each morning expecting a negative but they're still positive.

I should get my crosshairs tomorrow. I'm considering taking the positive OPKs out of the data to see what happens.
  • That is a lot of positive OPKs! I wonder if your body is gearing up to O and not doing it? I found that when using the cheapie OPKs I had the best luck testing in the last afternoon, I always got a good fade in pattern that let me know I was gearing up to O and then a clear positive at that time too. First morning urine was never a good indicator for me. 
  • I was using first morning urine because the directions say to hold your urine for 3 hours before testing. I can't do that! Haha! If I'm not trying to, I can, but if I think about it, no way! :smiley:
    I think the fact that I was doing first morning urine might have been an issue. I finally stopped taking the OPKs because it was stressing me out, and I had already gotten my temp spike.
    We had to have hit at least one fertile day. Maybe the next positive I get will be a different kind of test. :wink:

Thanks for the input ladies. Your advice has been helpful. Now it's just the waiting game.