Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

13»

Re: UO Thursday

• My UO: Meatloaf is disgusting. The texture grosses me out.

I have to admit that it has grown on me.. Hated it as a kid but now it kind of sounds good. I made a Mexican meatloaf a while back. It was spicy and there was alot of cheese involved maybe that will help with the texture issue :)

• I love the snark here, but then I also love replies that help newbies out and win them over to staying and figuring out the tone here (and potentially passing either the snark or the wisdom forward). I love that both are here. It doesn't even make sense.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Loading the player...

I have to admit that it has grown on me.. Hated it as a kid but now it kind of sounds good. I made a Mexican meatloaf a while back. It was spicy and there was alot of cheese involved maybe that will help with the texture issue :)

Ooh! Please share the recipe!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Uo: I just don't like cake. Any kind of cake. Not even for a birthday. Candles will stay upright in many other types of desserts. I was irritated that I had to have a wedding cake. I tried to get away with some alternative takes on a bridal cake but hubs didn't want to be "weird" so I gave in. Every year for my birthday I get a big discussion that I need to choose a kind of cake... Because other people will want to have a slice of cake... That it's the "appropriate" thing to have at a birthday celebration ... But why can't they eat brownies with ice cream instead? I mean.... Is that such a hardship? And why we do we care to be so "appropriate"? Give me all the brownies, sopapias, cobblers, pies, ice cream and cookies... Or even the " birthday cake" shot... But keep your cake. Unless it's a cheesecake or a cookie cake... But does that really count as "cake"? I think not. I mean... I'm just sayin'

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Uo: I just don't like cake. Any kind of cake. Not even for a birthday. Candles will stay upright in many other types of desserts. I was irritated that I had to have a wedding cake. I tried to get away with some alternative takes on a bridal cake but hubs didn't want to be "weird" so I gave in. Every year for my birthday I get a big discussion that I need to choose a kind of cake... Because other people will want to have a slice of cake... That it's the "appropriate" thing to have at a birthday celebration ... But why can't they eat brownies with ice cream instead? I mean.... Is that such a hardship? And why we do we care to be so "appropriate"? Give me all the brownies, sopapias, cobblers, pies, ice cream and cookies... Or even the " birthday cake" shot... But keep your cake. Unless it's a cheesecake or a cookie cake... But does that really count as "cake"? I think not. I mean... I'm just sayin'

My husband is the same way! He said his mom always used to get him ice cream cake as a kid which isn't really cake at all just ice cream in the shape of a cake. I have to get much more creative these days. Last year we did a cake made out of beer (in cans) 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

My cousin also hated cake. He always got a giant cookie and everyone had a piece of that. I love cake, it's the best, but cookies are good too, especially with buttercream on it. Yummy! You do you on your birthday.

• <3 ice cream cake and <3 craft brew and <3 cookie cakes.... Great ideas ladies! I had friends (they were french) that did her bridal cake with artisan cheese wheels bc she loved cheese... And not cake. love!! I think next year I will have myself a nice round of warm brie :)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016

• @gardeniagirlknits Ice cream cake definitely counts as cake and the best kind for birthdays! We had pies at our wedding but we didn't do the whole cutting thing or anything, we just ate the pies.
  • It annoys me when people "have to put on make-up" and use that as an excuse for things like being late or complaining about waking up early, etc. You don't HAVE to put on make-up. You WANT to!
  • KjcallowayKjcalloway member
    edited November 2015
    I have another UO. And I feel I may get flamed for this because it's a board comprised entirely of women BUT....... I'm getting reaaaaaally annoyed with liberal feminism. Or at least my best friend who feels the need to be victimized constantly in the name of feminism. I get where's she's coming from with her ideals but she's becoming unrealistic. She pretended to get raped so she'd have an empowering "I'm strong, I'll make it through this" story to tell the people in her women's lib focus groups. And when I didn't respond in a way she deemed fit (because I knew damn well she didn't get raped- she said "he basically raped me" when she went to her crappy ex boyfriend's house and he asked to have sex when she didn't feel like it, that totally is the equivalent to rape) so I became the bad friend who was insensitive and unsupportive. She also complains about the wage gap between women and men. She uses my husband as an example. He is a mechanical engineer, she is a social worker. Of course there is going to be a wage gap. So because of my best friend's desperation for gender equality and sheer curiosity, I went on to Twitter and looked up the #ineedfeminismbecause hashtag that has been going around and I have to admit, many of them are downright annoying and unreasonable. Simply put, I just couldn't consider myself a feminist. I love empowered women, but I don't love women who are desperate to be the victim. End rant.

Edited: because autocorrect hates me
  • I have another UO. And I feel I may get flamed for this because it's a board comprised entirely of women BUT....... I'm getting reaaaaaally annoyed with liberal feminism. Or at least my best friend who feels the need to be victimized constantly in the name of feminism. I get where's she's coming from with her ideals but she's becoming unrealistic. She pretended to get raped so she'd have an empowering "I'm strong, I'll make it through this" story to tell the people in her women's lib focus groups. And when I didn't respond in a way she deemed fit (because I knew damn well she didn't get raped- she said "he basically raped me" when she went to her crappy ex boyfriend's house and he asked to have sex when she didn't feel like it, that totally is the equivalent to rape) so I became the bad friend who was insensitive and unsupportive. She also complains about the wage gap between women and men. She uses my husband as an example. He is a mechanical engineer, she is a social worker. Of course there is going to be a wage gap. So because of my best friend's desperation for gender equality and sheer curiosity, I went on to Twitter and looked up the #ineedfeminismbecause hashtag that has been going around and I have to admit, many of them are downright annoying and unreasonable. Simply put, I just couldn't consider myself a feminist. I love empowered women, but I don't love women who are desperate to be the victim. End rant. Edited: because autocorrect hates me
    Sounds like your friend is just plain stupid. Not a good reason to dislike feminism.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @kjcalloway It makes me sick and angry to read that she is slanting something as rape so that she can push an agenda. Girlllll you're a nicer friend than I would be.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• I hate going to the hair salon because I hate spending so much money on my hair. 

I don't want to spend that much money but I also don't want to look a fright.

Yes Yes Yes! I am going next week after a year and I'm so annoyed by it.

• Paleo people who refer to broth/stock as "bone broth"....you know soup existed before the fad diet, right?
    TTC #2- November 2015

• My UO for today is that I like the smell of bleach. It reassures me that things are clean and disinfected. Guess that comes from working in the medical field. So long as it's not overpowering, I typically like the smell.

Ooh! Please share the recipe!

I think it was something like this (lo carb)

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1221493

I just kinda winged it and didn't do all the fancy prep with wax paper lol
  • PoliceWife104PoliceWife104 member
    edited November 2015
    Quoting & replying is hard apparently. Going to try again...
    Me: 30 Him: 31
    Married since: September 2011
    TTC #1 since: February 2015
    Fur baby: Our 10 MO black lab Gunner. Love him to pieces!
  • PoliceWife104PoliceWife104 member
    edited November 2015

I hate the phrase "We're pregnant". No no no no no.....she is pregnant, together you are expecting. Last I checked, I haven't seen any men pushing out babies.

KDHB13 said:

Yes! So annoying!! Along these lines, MIL called DS "my baby" every time she saw him for like 6 months. It drove me crazy. No lady. You're not the one that carried that almost 10lb baby for 40+ weeks! You didn't endure 4 hours of pushing and a csection! You're not up with him 2-3 times a night! My baby, not yours.

YES! My MIL does this with my niece, (her first grandchild), all the time & it drives me batty! "My little cutie, my this, my that". No. No. No. She is your son & DIL's child. Be grandma & stop trying to take credit for something you had no part in. Rant over.

Edit - To fix quote issue.
    Me: 30 Him: 31
    Married since: September 2011
    TTC #1 since: February 2015
    Fur baby: Our 10 MO black lab Gunner. Love him to pieces!
  • I hate the phrase "We're pregnant". No no no no no.....she is pregnant, together you are expecting. Last I checked, I haven't seen any men pushing out babies.
    Yes! So annoying!! Along these lines, MIL called DS "my baby" every time she saw him for like 6 months. It drove me crazy. No lady. You're not the one that carried that almost 10lb baby for 40+ weeks! You didn't endure 4 hours of pushing and a csection! You're not up with him 2-3 times a night! My baby, not yours.

YES! My MIL does this with my niece, (her first grandchild), all the time & it drives me batty! "My little cutie, my this, my that". No. No. No. She is your son & DIL's child. Be grandma & stop trying to take credit for something you had no part in. Rant over. Edit - To fix quote issue.
    She used to walk in our house and say, "Where's my baby?!?!" DH would look at her and go, "Hi! I'm right here!" Finally, he just flat out told her that her calling DS "my baby" really bothered me and she stopped.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Raincity said:
    I can't handle Instagram right now and all the faux-profound captions. I REALLY can't stand when some woman snaps a selfie without makeup, coffee cup and hand, and says something like: Posting this NO MAKEUP selfie right now because mamma-hood is HARD and I just wanted to be real! Now give me all the coffee, sisters! It's HARD to be vulnerable but sometimes I have to admit I'm not the perfect MAMMA and that's okay!!"

Followed by 10,000 comments that are like, "I'm weeping!! I needed this!!!! Thanks for being so raw!"

gag me.

OMG I wish I could like this times a million.  It's usually all the beach body people too....at least on my feed. And they get unfollowed.
    TTC #2- November 2015

• TheTamedShrewTheTamedShrew member
    edited November 2015
    Raincity said:
    I can't handle Instagram right now and all the faux-profound captions. I REALLY can't stand when some woman snaps a selfie without makeup, coffee cup and hand, and says something like: Posting this NO MAKEUP selfie right now because mamma-hood is HARD and I just wanted to be real! Now give me all the coffee, sisters! It's HARD to be vulnerable but sometimes I have to admit I'm not the perfect MAMMA and that's okay!!"

Followed by 10,000 comments that are like, "I'm weeping!! I needed this!!!! Thanks for being so raw!"

gag me.
    Can't. Stop. Laughing. Thank you for this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• It annoys me when people "have to put on make-up" and use that as an excuse for things like being late or complaining about waking up early, etc. You don't HAVE to put on make-up. You WANT to!
    I see two sides to this. The one side that agrees with you thinks of my mother who spent three hours showering, applying makeup, and doing her hair before going to see my brother who was having emergency brain surgery (then got mad that she was too late to see him before his surgery...). That part, I will say I'm with you.
    The other side of me has a little different opinion based on personal experience. I was in a marriage (years ago) that was more domestic violence than marriage. I "had to" wear makeup, not to cover bruises (he was smart enough not to go for the face...), but to put a mask on for the world. The same thing when I left the relationship but struggled with PTSD for years. I wouldn't go out without makeup because without it I felt vulnerable and I looked a mess (I didn't sleep much thanks to insomnia and night terrors). It was a coping mechanism that helped me get through day to day life. 
    Now I wear it mainly because I have trichotillomania (have always had it, but only recently found out it was an actual thing and not a weird tick) and if I don't wear eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and brow pencil/filler) I will tear out my eyelashes/eyebrows. It's not something I want to do, and normally not something I know I'm doing, but makeup helps to keep me from doing it and keeps me in check (I'll feel myself pulling on mascara or I'll see it on my fingers and it makes me stop).
    I guess all I'm saying is that a blanket statement doesn't really work here. But if you're talking about those people like my mother, then yes, I'm with you.
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited November 2015
    Paleo people who refer to broth/stock as "bone broth"....you know soup existed before the fad diet, right?
    But bone broth (a specific type of stock) is a real thing and has been for a really long time. :( Is it now considered a fad thing? Did the paleos steal it? They can't claim it!

Edited because I forgot words because I'm sad that now liquids can be fads.
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo nooooooooooooo not My cow?!!!! ;)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016